Aqua Teen Hunger Force Bomb Threat

pault

http://www.bostonist.com/archives/2007/ ... _force.php

Turns out the circuit-board devices that have steamed the governor, the mayor, and the commish are the result of a boneheaded marketing move on the part of Turner Broadcasting.

http://www.townonline.com/allston/homep ... 8914507775

They have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San

Francisco, and Philadelphia.

It was hilarious to listen to all the talk radio hosts talk darkly about the "Suspicious packages" and watch how the news on TV spun headlines about the "Possible Terrorist threat in Boston(!)?".

Being a Boston resident (and an Aqua Teen Hunger Force fan) I can safely say that this doesn't make me angry...it actually strikes me as a brilliant marketing tool.

That's one of the craziest cartoons I've ever watched. It makes so little sense it's funny just because.

Yeah. I guess it makes sense that their marketing campaign is as crazy as their show. The real question is whether the huge amount of publicity ATHF will get is worth the inevitable fines which will be paid out by Cartoon Network.

I was flipping through the channels today and saw some of the news on that, it's quite funny really. This proves to us that our country is overly paranoid about everything.

I also LOOOOOVE ATHF, I have the mooninite shirt with "The Moon Rules" on it and the two mooninites! Yeehaw!!!

<3:

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

People are waaaaaaaay to paranoid. They showed what those things looked like...Know what I thought when I saw it?

ci_lightbrite1.jpg

NOT...

ied-cutout01.jpg

Who the hell DIDN'T have a Lite-Brite as a kid? Honestly. How you could even think "Wow, these might be bombs..." is beyond me. I mean, they were placed in pretty bomb-like areas, but damn.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Oh My God... did ANYONE watch the press conference the suspects gave this morning?

When outside the courthouse the two refused to answer any question unless referencing to Dreadlocks Magoo's hair and 70's haircuts.

athf.jpg

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I just saw a tiny part of it on CNN...They obviously don't care about people freaking out over it. I can't say that I would either. THEY didn't make the problem, paranoid people did.

I think I'd still apologize, but. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Lol, in a news article, it said that noone in brooklyn called the police. Boston is pretty paranoid.

Well, they were there for two weeks before anybody noticed them.

Personally I think it's BS that two of the "Perpatrators" are in jail at the moment. It's the governments fault for getting all panicky. I mean, nobody is worred about all the space invaders all over the world.

Dude, It's all about the hair! \'

When you are learning, you are growing. If you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, you die. Train hard, eat fried chicken, and take a one-a-day. (And cook that broccoli 'til it's yella and pour cheese all over it)

slowmethusel.png

Don't like the show, and have no idea what's going on.

It's really just a ridiculous marketing stunt, with not much (yet) to relate it with the show. Which of course is awesome. The suspects gave an interview with Fox news.

The media is still reporting it in such an alarmist way. Seriously, shows how uptight people are.

Boston police peeps did the right thing, still funny as hell... comedians are going to have a field day with this one.

Also heard that they took the guys who put them up into custody. Not the guys who thought up the idea, not the guys who approved it, not the company guys. They arrested the two dudes equivalent to an employee standing out of a restaurant wearing as sign saying "Eat at Joe's". Lol.

Go to Youtube, first vid on the front page is a bunch of guys analyzing, mocking, and laughing at this whole thing... 4 honors for the vid in a day :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

This is about as funny as calling someone from a hospital and telling them that their son or daughter is dead.

It's sick. They should have known better.

Yelling fire in a movie theater is illegal. Placing bomb-like advertising? That's worse.

Those two idiots may have gotten out on bail, but they still have a trial to go to. And the courts are not going to be happy about their comments.

Hope they enjoy footing the $750,000 bill.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

This is about as funny as calling someone from a hospital and telling them that their son or daughter is dead.

It's sick. They should have known better.

Yelling fire in a movie theater is illegal. Placing bomb-like advertising? That's worse.

Those two idiots may have gotten out on bail, but they still have a trial to go to. And the courts are not going to be happy about their comments.

Hope they enjoy footing the $750,000 bill.

Except it didn't look like a bomb, they didn't place it to look like a bomb and it was a litebright.