Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

I found out that slayer dart is not the most profitable spell you can use, Fire bolt is.

1 Run with Fire bolt you use 100 choas and 300 airs (21k)

1 run with slayer dart you use 75 deaths and 300 minds (28.5k)

Now thats 7.5k diffrence, thats not alot but what if you did barrows 100 times thats 750k!

So think twice next time when you do to do 100+ barrows runs with slayer dart, Will you spend the extra 750k?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known this when I started barrowing well over a year ago.

I mean, if you've done like 10 trips, you should have noticed the amounts of mind and death you've (re)gained.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

I mean, if you've done like 10 trips, you should have noticed the amounts of mind and death you've (re)gained.

Yes but is it enough to make 7.5k each time?

You use 7.5k runes every round? :shock:

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

I ment money, from the runes

Slayer dart hits more and barrows replenishes the runes you use for slayer dart. Its all personal preference, I use Earth blast just because I can. :P(also because I don't like slayer :S)

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Money....first post, check it out where he says the prices

and magic isnt the cheapest way, veracs is =P~

Apcrump0.png

I said for spells, read the title ::'

good alternative if you don't have 55 slayer but I gain more runes then I lose from chests when i use slayer dart plus it hits harder.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

good alternative if you don't have 55 slayer but I gain more runes then I lose from chests when i use slayer dart plus it hits harder.
So your saying you can do barrows a billion times with 75 deaths and 300 minds, not possible, and IF it was, then barrows items would go down by like 50% because every one would be doing barrows with only 75 slayer darts

I said for spells, read the title ::'

I know what the title says, im just pointing out veracs =D>

Apcrump0.png

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows

Slayer dart is cheapest, imo, because you don't have to waste time buying back the airs that you lose by fire bolting. With slayer dart and guthans, you can stay at barrows for hours without needing to bank for more runes or food. Nearly every time you search the chest you profit on minds and deaths, so you have an unlimited supply of them. If you were to try fire blast, you would have to bank for air runes at some point. You would also have to either craft or buy more airs eventually. Slayer dart maxes higher than fire bolt too, upto 19 (possibly 20, any comfirmation would be appreciated :D.)

[edit]

Slayer dart is cheapest, imo, because you don't have to waste time buying back the airs that you lose by fire blasting. With slayer dart and guthans, you can stay at barrows for hours without needing to bank for more runes or food. Nearly every time you search the chest you profit on minds and deaths, so you have an unlimited supply of them. If you were to try fire blast, you would have to bank for air runes at some point. You would also have to either craft or buy more airs eventually. Slayer dart maxes higher than fire blast too, upto 19 (possibly 20, any comfirmation would be appreciated :D.)
And again, can some one get me a video on some one doing 10+ runs with only 75 deaths and 300 minds, because you all say its possible, now weres the proof?

Slayer dart is cheapest, imo, because you don't have to waste time buying back the airs that you lose by fire blasting. With slayer dart and guthans, you can stay at barrows for hours without needing to bank for more runes or food. Nearly every time you search the chest you profit on minds and deaths, so you have an unlimited supply of them. If you were to try fire blast, you would have to bank for air runes at some point. You would also have to either craft or buy more airs eventually. Slayer dart maxes higher than fire blast too, upto 19 (possibly 20, any comfirmation would be appreciated :D.)
And again, can some one get me a video on some one doing 10+ runs with only 75 deaths and 300 minds, because you all say its possible, now weres the proof?

It's not that we do 10 trips on only 75 casts, it's that the chest gives us those runes back. I'll go do a trip and post a screenshot of before and after rune counts if you really want. Can't vid it though, would make me insanely laggy. :(

He said fire bolt which only hits 13 ( or 15 with gauntlets) but still thats 5-7 less of a max hit than slayer dart and the chest doesn't replenish it, also as stated earlier it takes longer making you use more pray pots. Just one extra pray pot used makes your theory even if you get no runes from the chest wrong.

britonlongbo.png