Guide to Desert Treasure

Karmastocracy

wen i did dt i didnt use a single p pot on damis

i wore full rune (best i could at the time) and brang tuna potatoes (heal 22 per)

and i dds's his second form, then maged in full rune...earth spell

yes, i mage in full rune and i still won

ps, i meleed first form with whip

i used all but 2 of my potatoes

the new lvl 3 member skiller.....if u c me, im not a macro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another guide that uses prayer to get by. :wall:

What's wrong with prayer? It's part of the game so I see nothing wrong with using it.

Use anything and everything to get the job done, even if it means using your friends as meatshields during the fight with Damis! :D

(Just kidding about the meatshield thing)

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

~After you get through the pyramid go talk to elib with 80k. He will offer to sell you the ancient magics! Buy it. This is the only one he has and after that you can only get them from other players and from the very rare drop from the mummies in the pyramid.

~Now that you've done this quest, you can get Ghostly Robes in a small Mini Quest. You will learn about the Rise of Zamorak, and the creation of the Wilderness in this epic tale, as you sort out the troubles of old ghosts...

Elib will offer to sell the ancient staff, not the magicks...

Also after the ghostly robes mini quest you can go for the shadow sword mini quest.

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

lol

this quest is defeinitely hard

i did it on 71 combat

with 45 defence

56 attack

62 str

80 magic

43 prayer

60 range

and other stats

pretty challenging

What spells did you use? I'm guessing since your magic lvl was 80, you were using the Wave spells? Do you have any tips/strategies/pointers to add?

I have slightly higher melee combat skills than what you had at the time but my magic is nowhere near lvl-80. *sigh* I guess I'll attempt DT when my magic is at that level too.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

when i get 75 range i am going to do quest wat if i dont got pray and 1 def and dont say it isnt possable i did monkey maddness with pure str at 60att and str with 1 pray and 1 def

obito.png

i am the only uchia who isnt a emo b#t@! obito

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't need to use prayer on Damis. There's a place in the lair where there's a rat in a narrow tunnel. Run behind the giant rat and Damis will get stuck. The rat shouldn't move because it will be stuck between you and Damis. Then just mage him to death with Earth spells I think.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Its awesome, but ive already done the quest :thumbsup:

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• 2 weeks later...

Elib will offer to sell the ancient staff, not the magicks...

Also after the ghostly robes mini quest you can go for the shadow sword mini quest.

Thanks for pointing out that typo, it's now fixed. :)

Indeed, when I wrote this guide the Shadow Sword Mini Quest didn't exist. It's kinda ironic that I forgot to mention that, since I wrote the Guide for it, and helped write the official tip.it guide for it too! (And I mentioned this guide on that guide! :oops: )

Anyways thanks for pointing that out too, and it's now mentioned. :)

as an owner of the quest cape id say that this is an ok guide but very inacurate when describing desert treasure as the hardest quest. mep2 gets my vote for hardest quest.
Acually I said it "May be", but I will take up your advice and call it Debatably the Hardest Quest. Hope that's better :)

when you fight kamil you dont need praypots because super restores restore more prayer points than pray pots

~Added

Thanks

Also I appreciate all of the compliments! :P

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

• 2 weeks later...

So far I've obtained the Blood and Smoke Diamonds.

Here's what I did to defeat Dessous and Fareed:

-= Dessous =-

Using Canifis as your "homebase", equip yourself as follows.

Equipment:

Lunar clothes (or your best magic equipment)

Runes and staff for about 50 Wind Blasts->Air staff, Death runes

Two 4-dose Restore Prayer potions

Teleport crystal (or any other teleport method in an emergency)

Blessed pot filled with garlic and spiced blood

20 Monkfish (or your best food)

Tactics:

Turn on Protect from Melee since Dessous can hit 20s with his melee attack. Don't worry about his range or magic attack since it only hits 5s. Your food will keep you alive from his range/magic attack.

When you're psyched up and ready for the fight, turn on Protect Melee and use the Blessed pot on his coffin. A small animation will occur, so start Wind Blasting him. He will continuously attack you with his range/magic attack and it will hit almost once every two seconds. Keep an eye on your health and heal whenever your health is around 30 or 35; you don't want to risk dying!

Go back to Malak to get the Blood Diamond and bank it in the Canifis bank.

-= Fareed =-

Using Nardah as your "homebase", equip yourself as follows. Remember, you're in the desert so you'll always need waterskins. This part also assumes you've managed to get the Warm Key by lighting the ancient torches in the Smokey Well dungeon.

Equipment:

Lunar clothes (or your best magic equipment)

Face mask-> buy from a slayer master

Two 4-dose waterskins

Runes for Water Blast-> Air staff, Water runes, Death runes

Two 4-dose Restore Prayer potions

Teleport crystal (or any other teleport method to bring you to a bank)

10 Monkfish, just in case (or your best food)

Tactics:

The fight with Fareed begins as soon as you step through the gate. Turn on Protect Melee and walk through the gate. Fareed will start attacking you so simply Water Blast him to oblivion! Your Water Blasts will make short work of him and you will not take a scratch with your Protect Melee activated.

When you've killed Fareed, pick up the Smoke Diamond and bank it. It's quite a walk through the Smokey Well dungeon to Nardah, so teleport out to your nearest bank.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

i skimmed through the bosses. For fareed, at like 88 combat, i used 17 prayer points water blasting, but 1 for backup is ok, and maybe a bit more for damis, i used 32 doses on him, but maybe it was my prayer bonus, dunno if i had one.

Good guide

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Oh, just so you know, I don't really think that running makes any difference in the chance of falling through the trapdoors, to be honest. When I did it (which was yesterday, if you're interested) I just walked through and completed it on my second try. I think the trick lies in not stopping unless your character automatically stops when the Scarabs come up from the floor and even then starting moving again as soon as possible.

Nothing left in my right brain; nothing right in my left brain.

Oh, just so you know, I don't really think that running makes any difference in the chance of falling through the trapdoors, to be honest. When I did it (which was yesterday, if you're interested) I just walked through and completed it on my second try. I think the trick lies in not stopping unless your character automatically stops when the Scarabs come up from the floor and even then starting moving again as soon as possible.

Do you have any tips/strategies on how to fight Damis?

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Ok, but for the vamp, u got it all wrong. Mage him using protect maguic/range waring rune or such. I made mistkae of using mele protect, using all my food, then to se emy friend do it waring rune and only eatching 1 lob. Also, kamil is impossible to melee almost, due to his high def. Damis, u could also just poison and wait :P

Over all, tip.it's guide is better

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Do you have any tips/strategies on how to fight Damis?

I just Earth Waved with around 10 four-dose Prayer Potions, with 76 Magic and 55 Prayer.

Nothing left in my right brain; nothing right in my left brain.

I just Earth Waved with around 10 four-dose Prayer Potions, with 76 Magic and 55 Prayer.

Thanks for the tip Menti :D

Actually, I've just defeated Damis here's my setup.

Equipment:

Lunar clothes (with the exception of cape, ring, gloves and amulet)

Chaos Gauntlets (from The Family Crest quest)

Amulet of Power

Ring of Invisibility

Cape of Legends

Anti-Firebreath Shield

Staff of Air

Chaos and Earth Runes (enough for 100 Earth Bolts; you don't want to run out!)

Holy Wrench (for extra effectiveness from each dose of Restore Prayer pot)

Teleport Crystal (for banking Shadow Diamond or emergency)

All the 4-dose Prayer pots you can hold (the rest of my inventory)

Tactics:

Prior to walking into Damis's chamber, I activated Protect Melee. As soon as I was being attacked, I moved back into the corridor that lead to his chamber, so that I was out of the multi-combat zone.

He follows me and I proceed to fire Earth Bolts at him. The Chaos Gauntlets boosts the Earth Bolts effectiveness to equal Earth Blasts. I made quick work of his first form.

Now, Damis is in his second form and drains prayer points extremely quickly. Keeping an eye on my Prayer points, I drank a dose of Prayer potion everytime it dropped below 40 since my max prayer is 52. When I killed Damis, I only used about 7 Prayer pots. By the time I finish drinking one dose of Prayer potion, he's already draind 5 prayer points.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png