Married couples must have kids within 3 years

Locke

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a good way?

No but really can you find ANY psychologist with a PHD that would say its 'good' for a child to grow up without a mom AND a dad? Could you find a psychologist that would say its 'not bad' even?

Historically marriage is between a man and a women. Why change that?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There are plenty of psychologists who will say that it's not necessarily bad to grow up without a mom and a dad. Are all single mothers forced to find some dude to marry? Do all their kids wind up delinquents? Certainly not. One of my best friends was raised by a single mother, and is one of the top students in her class at a top liberal arts college, and has a healthy relationship with her boyfriend of 2 years.

Historically, slavery has existed. Why change that? I'm sorry - I can understand some anti-gay-marriage arguments, even when I disagree with them, but yours are just painful to read.

I've said it a million times, I would be happy to let homosexuals get married in trade for further bans on abortion.

I agree. Much more important to prevent murder than not give rights to loving couples. Woo pro-life :D

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

Is there a good way?

No but really can you find ANY psychologist with a PHD that would say its 'good' for a child to grow up without a mom AND a dad? Could you find a psychologist that would say its 'not bad' even?

Historically marriage is between a man and a women. Why change that?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. There are plenty of psychologists who will say that it's not necessarily bad to grow up without a mom and a dad. Are all single mothers forced to find some dude to marry? Do all their kids wind up delinquents? Certainly not. One of my best friends was raised by a single mother, and is one of the top students in her class at a top liberal arts college, and has a healthy relationship with her boyfriend of 2 years.

Historically, slavery has existed. Why change that? I'm sorry - I can understand some anti-gay-marriage arguments, even when I disagree with them, but yours are just painful to read.

I've said it a million times, I would be happy to let homosexuals get married in trade for further bans on abortion.

I agree. Much more important to prevent murder than not give rights to loving couples. Woo pro-life :D

Abortion is every womans right.

Waiting to get flamed majorly by pro-life people. :uhh:

*Grumble*

It's not murder, it's just euthanizing something that doesn't even have a fully developed brain or internal organs yet.

*Grumble*

It's not murder, it's just euthanizing something that doesn't even have a fully developed brain or internal organs yet.

I often have the same response when someone likens abortions and stem cell research to murder.

*Grumble*

I often have the same response when someone likens abortions and stem cell research to murder.

Remember how it was like before you were born? You can't. That's what it's like to be an emberyo. You don't exist. Therefore it cannot be called murder.

Err, I think the majority of those who have posted so far have kind of missed the point...

I think it's fine for ridiculous legislation to be proposed in order to prove a point. It helps bring to the forefront the hypocrisy and illogical rationale for banning gay marriage.

The only problem with that is it takes only one point of the anti-gay marriage argument and explodes it trying to make it appear as though it is the only argument against gay marriage. It's a completely fallacious argument, and initiatives like this are dishonest.

Those who support a ban on gay marriage more often than not have multiple reasons for doing so, and those multiple reasons at a singular level might not be enough to ban it, but when combined are. People would refer to that as a synergy effect. Taking only one of the arguments and making it appear as the only argument is dishonest.

I'm not trying to say I support the ban on gay marriage, just pointing out I don't like this type of initiative because I think it's dishonest.

locke.gif

I'd have a lot to say about abortion, but this isn't the thread for that guys ;p.

Anyways, that law is rediculous and hard to understand. Does adoption count? What about those that can not aford a kid? What about those who (heaven forbid) don't want a kid?

It's so full of holes...

Greeeeat. Let's all follow the "two wrongs make a right" philosophy!

Okay, so a couple of gay guys can't get married, and now they want everyone to pay the price. Whatever...There isn't a person on this Earth that can FORCE a couple to have children.

well said

Thats pretty messed up

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

I'd have a lot to say about abortion, but this isn't the thread for that guys ;p.

Anyways, that law is rediculous and hard to understand. Does adoption count? What about those that can not aford a kid? What about those who (heaven forbid) don't want a kid?

It's so full of holes...

abortion does not count as if they did then gay couples could get married

those who cannot afford or do not want kids cannot get married, too bad for them I guess they shouldn't have voted to ban gay marriage eh?

thats not reallys fair to women with turner syndrome, homosexuals and others that cant have children....

i hope they dont even get close to 224,000 votes

Turner syndrome lol :lol: i learned that in bio. anyway dont worry they wont get anywear near passing the law.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Well i want to state my opinion on this..

I believe that there should be a change in the law.. All people are allowed to marry.

There should be the same rights for a male/male couple or female/female couple as there are for male/female couples

I also believe that if you happen to be lucky to find more then one partner that you should be allowed ( male/male/male male/male/female male/female/female female/female/female ) and so on..

I think a change is needed.. For a marriage, it should be a length.... IE 1, 5, 10 years..

This would allow people to grow more and learn to choose wisely IMHO

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Well i want to state my opinion on this..

I believe that there should be a change in the law.. All people are allowed to marry.

There should be the same rights for a male/male couple or female/female couple as there are for male/female couples

I also believe that if you happen to be lucky to find more then one partner that you should be allowed ( male/male/male male/male/female male/female/female female/female/female ) and so on..

I think a change is needed.. For a marriage, it should be a length.... IE 1, 5, 10 years..

This would allow people to grow more and learn to choose wisely IMHO

This isn't going to pass. Everyone, even those "trying" to get it to pass, know it's not going to pass. They're just trying to draw attention to a very logical point, in order to legalize gay marriage.

I still thinks it's a genius idea.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The problem is that the people trying to pass the bill are assuming that human procreation is the only reason people are opposing gay marriage.

summerpngwy6.jpg

The problem is that the people trying to pass the bill are assuming that human procreation is the only reason people are opposing gay marriage.
It's one argument against gay marriage; and one which shouldn't get used anyways (due to the reasons outlined in the article).

Whatever happenbed to seperation of church and state? The government shouldn't have any say in marriage whatsoever because its a religious ceremony.

Don't you just love how the government breaks its own laws?

crim2ma.jpg

~^v^~Ex-Leader of the Divine Flames of Redemption~^v^~

It's the only excuse they can use without out-right saying "The Bible says..." in their reasoning.

Personally, I think a gay couple should be able to get married whenever the choose. You couldn't honestly say it would hurt you any. And so what if the Bible says it's "wrong"? Do you think God will swoop down and smite everyone who made it legal? Nay. Too many people depict God as something to be feared. That's where the problem starts.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

It's the only excuse they can use without out-right saying "The Bible says..." in their reasoning.

Personally, I think a gay couple should be able to get married whenever the choose. You couldn't honestly say it would hurt you any. And so what if the Bible says it's "wrong"? Do you think God will swoop down and smite everyone who made it legal? Nay. Too many people depict God as something to be feared. That's where the problem starts.

No, the problem is rooted in the story of Ha'adam, the first man. I believe God gave to Ha'adam one specific command- to be procreative ("be fruitful and multiply..."), which is where the whole gay debate stems from. Too bad the only thing actually against gay marriage is the direct core of the Catholic Church; I don't know a single Catholic who actually agrees with the Church's decision about gay marriage.

Well, it's just like the abortion issue. Church has to make a choice, so it's better for them to take the safe one than to make the wrong choice and have to go back (presumption of personhood for the abortion debate).

So no, the problem is not about fearing God. People nowadays realize that God ain't going to come down and directly smite somebody Tigra -.- .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

No, the problem is rooted in the story of Ha'adam, the first man. I believe God gave to Ha'adam one specific command- to be procreative ("be fruitful and multiply..."), which is where the whole gay debate stems from. Too bad the only thing actually against gay marriage is the direct core of the Catholic Church; I don't know a single Catholic who actually agrees with the Church's decision about gay marriage.

Well, it's just like the abortion issue. Church has to make a choice, so it's better for them to take the safe one than to make the wrong choice and have to go back (presumption of personhood for the abortion debate).

So no, the problem is not about fearing God. People nowadays realize that God ain't going to come down and directly smite somebody Tigra -.- .

Religion isn't a really valid thing to use in a debate since not everyone shares eachother's religion.

Abortion has been proven safe and gay marriage won't harm anyone except homophobic people.

I always laugh at how Canada and the UK, two huge countries (power wise anyway), are able to so peacefully live with gay marriage, yet we here in America debate it to pieces. They're probably all laughing at us and are naÃÆÃâÃâïvety.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

As Celt23 said, religion isn't even valid because they obviously don't share your views, thus they do not apply to them. Marriage isn't some special religious thing anymore - it's a legal thing now. Truth hurts.

But still, it does come from people fearing God, and yes, they DO still think God will swoop down and kick them in the teeth. People fear that if they don't "do something" in the name of God, that God will hold them accountable and not reward them with Heaven, or worse yet, send them to Hell. People fail to realize you're not supposed to condemn people in the process, which is apparently Hell-worthy in itself. I don't know about your God, but my God doesn't create people and then send them to an eternal torture for messing something up in their extremely short life. That's ridiculous to think. Noone is going to Hell. Hell doesn't exist.

But I digress...I still fail to see the connection between gay marriage being legal and also harmful to anyone, period. Without using religion as an excuse, I *dare* you to come up with a good reason. And as I said, if they don't follow your religion, it doesn't apply to them, so yea. Not everyone has children. Not even some married couples. They just don't care to have them. Big deal. God told Adam to procreate because, uh-duh, if he didn't, we wouldn't be here. What God said that day to Adam doesn't apply to us.

Religious people are just homophobes, and the only reason the anti-gay-marriage laws are passed is because the religious vote can sway an election. How does it feel to know that the entire Republican party (usually, I'm sure you can think of some Dem's, but Rep's are the biggest offenders here) uses and abuses your beliefs for the sake of political gain? They don't really care about you OR your opinion; they care about the power of their position. That's why a politician can pass an anti-gay-marriage bill and then go and have sex with his male secretary. They just don't care about anything you say. They use you.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

As Celt23 said, religion isn't even valid because they obviously don't share your views, thus they do not apply to them. Marriage isn't some special religious thing anymore - it's a legal thing now. Truth hurts.

But still, it does come from people fearing God, and yes, they DO still think God will swoop down and kick them in the teeth. People fear that if they don't "do something" in the name of God, that God will hold them accountable and not reward them with Heaven, or worse yet, send them to Hell. People fail to realize you're not supposed to condemn people in the process, which is apparently Hell-worthy in itself. I don't know about your God, but my God doesn't create people and then send them to an eternal torture for messing something up in their extremely short life. That's ridiculous to think. Noone is going to Hell. Hell doesn't exist.

But I digress...I still fail to see the connection between gay marriage being legal and also harmful to anyone, period. Without using religion as an excuse, I *dare* you to come up with a good reason. And as I said, if they don't follow your religion, it doesn't apply to them, so yea. Not everyone has children. Not even some married couples. They just don't care to have them. Big deal. God told Adam to procreate because, uh-duh, if he didn't, we wouldn't be here. What God said that day to Adam doesn't apply to us.

Religious people are just homophobes, and the only reason the anti-gay-marriage laws are passed is because the religious vote can sway an election. How does it feel to know that the entire Republican party (usually, I'm sure you can think of some Dem's, but Rep's are the biggest offenders here) uses and abuses your beliefs for the sake of political gain? They don't really care about you OR your opinion; they care about the power of their position. That's why a politician can pass an anti-gay-marriage bill and then go and have sex with his male secretary. They just don't care about anything you say. They use you.

Bold 1: I totally agree with you there mate, but I won't go into it furthur than that.

Bold 2: The sad truth ay. Yes, it seems the running trend is to keep power and make 'progress' through shallow ad campaigns and the like instead of actual physical progress. Then after all that and all the money they've managed to save, they beat up thier incredibly 'strong economy.' If there's one thing I hate about politicians, it's thier seemingly endless bag of words, thier shallow cheesy grin and thier polotics. But fortunately not all politicians are all totally void of integrity or power hungry.