ice troll slaying for shields and money

Rudyaard

wow good first guide nice drops too =]

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Jagex already nerded these guys. I was killing these guys on Tuesday night and got 3 Rune Kites, 3 Rune Warhammers and a Granite Shield. I went back last night and didn't get a single drop above Addy Full Helm :(.

If you want to Melee these guys for their drops and you don't care about the XP you get, go across the first bridge on the left (has the agility symbol on the map). There will be 3 or 4 Honor Guards there and 3 or 4 Runts. If the Guards are around, the Runts will always attack them instead of attacking you. And as long as you land at least one hit, you will get the drop. If the Guards and the Runts get too spread apart, just use Wind Strike to bring the Runts over. You can get a lot of drops this way while taking minimal damage.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

There are also trolls in the cave where you mine mith for the king at the beginning of the quest! It's single combat and there's this great place to range the trolls (closer to bank too I think).

Here's an example:

27556-trollkilli-th.jpeg

Click on the thumbnail to get the bigger image.

As you can see in the pic i already got a granite shield :D

And I would also suggest putting down the hunter's crossbow as a substitute for msb. Some people think it's another worthless update but its not! With long kebbit bolts i easy hit 12s on all of the trolls (bad thing is you can't use the safe spot to fight back against the female troll if she decides to get you in the spot of my image).

There's also another safe spot if the female doesn't get stuck, but I don't have a screen of it! #-o

22803-nicesig_re.jpg

Yes.. I made that long ago.

you get no exp no-matter what, as this is a prime place to train and go afk

um why would people afk anyway? they can hit up to 15 (the runts) and the females up to 18 in 1 hit.. and in multi combat area, i somehow think guthans won't help much either :I unless ur killing runts with no high level male or female trolls around..

:-k

2vuhgcn.png

Can Ice Trolls be used for Troll assignments?
:-w

Quest Cape Achieved February 14, 2007. -Not Maintained-

1700+ Skill Total July 15, 2009

All Skills 60+ - July 26, 2009

Drops: dragon - medx8, spearx1 ;; 3rd - helmx1 ;; barrows - dhaxex1, gspearx1, dhhelmx1

• 2 weeks later...