Put a level cap on F2p

Wozza

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

becuse of very simple reason:in some countries "about 3 pounds for a month"is big money:(

as a member I think that is a stupid idea. I think f2p should be allowed to go to lev 99

if something like this was put in it should be allowing members go go higer than level 99, but when they are on f2p they only have the effect of level 99

lol imagine the price or rune, coal, mith, and addy ore... with no mining guild....

rune, mith, addy armour would skyrocket

p2p would have to cut their own logs again

jewlery, ruby ammys and the like would be harder to come by

lobby prices :shock:

thats about the worst idea to ever come out of this forum it would make members lives hell too

I got best idea ever. Close off runescape right now so nobody new can come in and kick out everyone with less than 400 skill total. Make everything f2p for the rest of the people on less servers but make the respawns for all the monsters/ore/whatever thrice as fast. NOW THAT WOULD BE NICE (for most of us, anyway lol)

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

how about we put a cap on ur face to keep u from makin these horrible suggestions?

the roasting is coming along nicely guys.

call the rest of us wen it's cooked.

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I can only play at weekends, or when I go to a mates as my own internet is downed, but if f2p where to go, I'm sure Jagex wouldn't get any new players as they haven't sampled what there is to offer. I tried membership for a month, and I found that the only skills I liked where agility fletching and thieveing, most of the quests I hadn't the right level for, so I couldn't them. Many f2p'ers would buy membership upon completion of all f2p quests or high skill, making members spots easier to find/go to.

Conclusion---------

f2p should be left alone with 1-2 updates every 6 months, With freinds who are members They tend to rub it in that I cannot get good skills/ do aything good....

Well, I believe that Jagex looks at the advantages of keeping a substantial free game in two ways:

1) It's a form of advertising for their product. Sure, there are development costs; but, that is underwritten mostly by the development costs of the member's version. It also costs bandwidth, but that is partially underwritten by piggybacking on the member's bandwidth and by ads (some of which are quite invasive, and will load your system with unwanted cookies and spyware if you're not careful). Now, I'm sure that F2P does not pay for itself, but it's cost is reduced by the above. The remaining cost is probably seen as cost-effective advertising by Jagex.

Now points have been made about the players that "mooch" forever, and never join P2P, or that P2Pers are paying unfairly for F2P to exist. Well, that's a business decision that Jagex has every right to make. When a company pays 1 million dollars for a 30 second ad spot on the superbowl, not everybody reached automatically goes and buys the product. And the costs of the ad are still passed along to those loyal customers that were already buying the product before the ad ran. Perhaps Jagex feels that running these free servers, in their current state, is a better way to gain customers than the alternative forms of advertising that are available to them.

2) The free servers build community. Many P2Pers have stated a real dislike for the F2P worlds, and the mooching, begging, scamming scum that inhabit them. Yet many P2Pers profit from the F2P worlds, as a place to buy and sell, pk with less expensive items at risk, mine rune, show off their P2P goodies, or to go back to for a while, when their P2P subscription runs out, and they need a break from the game for a bit.

Sure, item spawns could be adjusted, and stores on P2P could be made that would sell in bulk the same items that F2Pers provide (yew, iron, steel, coal, gems, hides, silver, gold). But, tinkering with that wouldn't be as simple as has been stated. First of all, you lose the human interaction so vital to MMORPG when you instead interact primarily with stores. Also, thanks to store camping, the stores would either be mostly empty of the items that P2Pers need, or the items would simply flood and depress the market .. depending on the store respawn rate. Keep in mind that raw materials are often bought in the 1000s or 10000s by serious players, and those players desire a quick dependable supply, such as what is currently available from F2P suppliers. Now certainly, some P2Pers prefer to get their own, or to buy from other P2Pers, and that is their right. The cool thing about RS, it that there are different ways to achieve your goals, depending on your personal tastes, style, and efficiency.

Don't bump old topics!

It's true that this topic was started in November, but people have been constanly replying. Also it's not like someone bumped this from the 4th page. In fact I don't think this topic ever went to the second page, it always stayed on the first. In addition, I find all of the more recent posts to offer a little bit of something to the topic and none contain just the word "BUMP." Therefore I don't consider any of these posts "bumping up an old topic."

Hmmm I think my English Final is getting to me, I actually wrote something constructive...

-masuma

tifsbti6oi.gif

Woah, I never knew Tip.It had that sig. I'll keep it since it's cool (and to make people wonder what was in my sig).

lol all the f2p's are saying its a rubbish idea. Tbh anyone who cant pay cos their parents wont let them is absolutely pathetic..im sorry but ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.29 a month LOL

There are plenty of ways to pay, without ur parents even having to agree

not evry1 is as rich as u, u squeaky lil biach go play world of warcraft if u want all p2p servers

What really pisses me off is that... he's probably going to make a post one day saying, "OMIGOSH! P2P Servers crowded with n00bs! WE NEED SEPERATE NOOB SERVERS"

Proud 'The' Guardian Knight

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

http://www.theclanrs.com/

omg that is the stupidest idea ive ever heard. like the otehr people said, not all of us can pay/have a way to pay. SOME OF US *cough* resepct the rules that our parents set. Whats the point of a level cap, it makes runescape almost like shareware, and everyone hates shareware -_-. People wouldn't want to join members if they were forced to by a lvl cap. :roll: are u just mad the f2p can whoop ure @sÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâç and they play for free ? :P