Put a level cap on F2p

Wozza

well acutaly its 8 bucks put in envelope send in mail.. :D Thats how i do it...i became a member because f2p started to get boring...nothing to do, no quests, no new skills, same stuff..and to look cool :D..and btw most of people that play well alot is under of age 16 and their parents refuse to pay for the game, because they find it useless.....so im 16 i pay by cash =) since i dont want my mom to know = ) because she would definetly cut me from the Internet.ya and i wont be a member for long....saving for insurance that i have to pay for my car =) its pretty high 8)

SIG.jpg

RealOne.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

idiot... f2p ownz u!, u are a fawking newb. ive been a member but member is soo boring, i like f2p more... and ehh 3 pounts... some people arnt allowed to pay for the game ..

3 pounds, comon! I wipe my * with that much! Ask your parents for it for your Birthday or somthing. Or if you have pocket money just ask them to pay for it and you give them the money back...

Members is really worth it and its a good price!

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

woo great idea.... o.O lets count the reasons why your "great idea" is infact, horrible.

1) if the cap was 40 for everything, then almost every1 would quit. making the chances of people switching to members slim.

2) if members came to f2p then they SHOULD have to have 40 stats also. its only fair for pkers.

3) why the hell does jagex put level 100 random events or 86 s if no1 could possible kill them without having to run for food each kill.

4) no sense. if people cant afford membership why should they be punished?

5) the hell do u want to put a cap on it? its funny how you feel threatend to get beat by a f2p. is that why? you dont want to be worse then some1 who doesnt pay?

ur idea is completely and utterly moronic.

Runescape is fine, its just the idiots who run Jagex that ruin the game.

woo great idea.... o.O lets count the reasons why your "great idea" is infact, horrible.

1) if the cap was 40 for everything, then almost every1 would quit. making the chances of people switching to members slim.

2) if members came to f2p then they SHOULD have to have 40 stats also. its only fair for pkers.

3) why the hell does jagex put level 100 random events or 86 s if no1 could possible kill them without having to run for food each kill.

4) no sense. if people cant afford membership why should they be punished?

5) the hell do u want to put a cap on it? its funny how you feel threatend to get beat by a f2p. is that why? you dont want to be worse then some1 who doesnt pay?

ur idea is completely and utterly moronic.

Not really

1. People would switch to p2p after they reached 40, or quit. Jagex doesn't care for people unless they become p2p.

2. They could have their stats be reduced to 40.

3. To stop people from afk-ing. They could just runf or them and come back.

4. WHY DON'T THEY GIVE US THE NEWEST GAMES FOR FR33!?!?!?!? It's just the fact that u need to pay to get some of the goodies.

5. U don't know who Wozza is so go away kthxbay.

But I think the cap should be like 60 or something, cus 40 is a bit low.

I'm not sure tho, maybe there would be a better way to stimulate f2p-ers to become p2p. Alot of people to have ways of paying but they're just too lazy. U can even freaking send the money by mail, WHO CAN'T DO THAT?

hes jealous that other people are having fun not paying when he had to pay to have fun. Please whoc ares about other people stop to think about yourself lameo. Also kill f2p to 40 max skills and economy will be destroyed. You really think those p2p items you make that sell for so much would be worth anything without f2p players selling cheap goods required to make them?

I cant become members since parents say I cant even when I'll pay myself :( cant send in money through mail since parents work at post office lol what luck I have lol. So I have to wait until I'm 18 and off to college.

Homeworld 25 - Pure F2P - 1549 Overall

Always assisting crafting (99) or smithing (99)

Always set to on privacy, unless too many random pms. The one and only noob ^_^

It wasn't until RS2 came out that they made free members have sound effects and background music. They still haven't added the mining carts to the f2p (I don't think just got back into the game really).

If they were to do this it would not seve a purpose.

1) They would lose money form advertizement.

2)100's of people would quit.

3)There are already so many benifits to being a member that people still become members.

4) I believe most people become members after they can't do anything else on f2p.

Well thats just what i think anyways.

i am simply preparing for members, which i could be getting any day now, but most of my skills are already 50+, only 2 are under 40. if this cap was implemented, it would not get me members any faster, as i have to wait until my mom says yes. if i tried getting members behind her back, she would literally kill me. plus, im also getting ready for college by focusing on my "studies" more. if i was forced to pay right now, i would most definately quit playing, maybe come back when i can pay, but who knows if i would. another option would be to find a new/better game, that doesnt force you to pay. or i could stick to my gamecube 8) as i havnt played it much lately, and my mom is threatening to sell it on me (empty threats, but still...), so...

this idea is stupid, and all supporters should be shot

I wouldn't say this is the worst idea ever just a little misguided.

Not really

1. People would switch to p2p after they reached 40, or quit. Jagex doesn't care for people unless they become p2p.

2. They could have their stats be reduced to 40.

3. To stop people from afk-ing. They could just runf or them and come back.

4. WHY DON'T THEY GIVE US THE NEWEST GAMES FOR FR33!?!?!?!? It's just the fact that u need to pay to get some of the goodies.

5. U don't know who Wozza is so go away kthxbay.

But I think the cap should be like 60 or something, cus 40 is a bit low.

I'm not sure tho, maybe there would be a better way to stimulate f2p-ers to become p2p. Alot of people to have ways of paying but they're just too lazy. U can even freaking send the money by mail, WHO CAN'T DO THAT?

Ok first and foremost F2Pers are not useless. If jagex screws F2Pers they screw themselves because they get a substantial amount of income from the banner adds. There sponsors pay Jagex knowing Jagex can guarantee hundreds of thousands of people viewing their banner adds maybe they dont click them but they view them nonetheless (there are 500,000 ppl on high scores more than half are F2Pers so Im not exaggerating when I say hundreds of thousands of views)

So Jagex DOES care about F2P

Reducing ppls skills to lvl 40 would be unfair and Jagex would never do that. As other ppl said what happens when someones members runs out? All their skills go down to 40? They forget to pay for a week or dont get their paycheck comes late in the mail and they get punished because of that. If they had a big F2P war to go to on the weekend and their paycheck didnt come in they would have to go to the war with noobish lvl 40 skills.. they wouldnt even be able to fish swordies for the war. A level cap DRASTICALLY increase whine/complain/hate mail that Jagex gets.

Also with a F2P lvl 40 skill cap ppl wouldnt say screw training. A lot more people would just use macros to get lvl 40 and go pk. Thats what happened in RSC and when ppl stop caring about their characters getting banned there is nothing stoppin them from creating a new char each week and using macros to raise them up even it they kept getting banned.

Basically a members cap isn't a good idea... not right now with as far as the game has developed. I have played a game with a members cap. They stop you at lvl 10.. I got lvl 10 in 2 hours I kept walkin around and trying to do stuff but ended up quiting because at lvl 10 half to stuff wasnt accesible. At lvl 40 they wouldnt even be able to use anything good on members if they were to switch ie dragon, any trees better than oak.

I could understand members wanting to limit F2Pers if it cost more but like you said it is ONLY 5$ (US) a month and for that much it really shouldnt be much difference many mmorpg make up pay 10$ a month or more. Also like ppl said some peoples parents dont let them play. Im one of those ppl my dad doesnt like me playin rs. We have 1 computer in the house and he has the deranged idea that online games cause viruses. I sneak on rs whenever I can and try to train my way up. There is no way I could pay with a credit card, I would have to mail the money meaning I would also have to pay the shipping cost to england and it would be wise to put shipping protection and reciept care which means they insure your package and send you a notice telling you when your package is recieved. That is gonna be another 5$ on top of the 5 payin to jagex... even with just basic shipping it is gonna run about 2$ extra JUST To mail it. But I really do enjoy F2P most of my friends are on there. Im a meleer and dont feel like getting owned by rangers on P2P and I really dont have the time to fully take advantage of membership. On the other hand if Jagex lowered all F2Pers to lvl 40 skills I wouldnt be to happy. Im 91 combat 72 att 76 str 74 def 74 hits... if they lowered me to 40 well lets just say I wouldnt be a happy camper.

I think RS as it is, is pretty good. The way to get F2Pers to become members is to give members more cool skills that F2Pers will want (like taming)

anyway thats my 2 cents.

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

prepare to get flamed

Yeah :evil: BADDEST MARKETING IDEA EVER!!! We are already sooo limited in f2p you want to limit our gameplay even more?!?! Might as well put a cap of lvl3 like that we could finish the game in the tutorial island... :roll:

HORRIBLE IDEA!

I'm already over forty in every state except slayer and runecrafting! If i couldn't go over 40, then i'd quit! I can only be a member over the summer. Jagex would loose SOOOOOOOOOOO many people if they did that. Besides, the only skills F2P can use to the full extent are strength, HP, and prayer. (There are some things on P2P that you can mine that you can't on F2P. You need 60 attack and 60 defense for dragon stuff. You also need 70 attack for the abyssal whip.)

All of those stats are combat related.

he wants it so you cant get good enough to use everything, or mine everything. then you have more incentive to pay to play the game. though it would really just make the game less popular because most people, although not all, just need some time to prep for when they do become members. in most skills, nothing to do, example- 41 mining for rune pick- rune pick is not meant to members, the game would then suck the big one, and then people would leave the game, give bad reviews to others and that would lead to the downfall of runescape.