The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted here in a while, figure I'll give you guys an update.

My hunter on rexxar (I got rid of my one on BB) is 21 now.

nice sword aint it? :wink:

Not too different from my setup on my Blood Elf (which I really do want to play more, but am once again wrapped up in my main): http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... ar&n=Kalma

Got my newbie warrior up to 19 yesterday and got wrapped up in the arena. I'm 30/0/31 on my rogue atm, going to have to respec for kara today however.

Glad I don't really care about having an epic mount eh? :lol:

Got my newbie warrior up to 19 yesterday and got wrapped up in the arena. I'm 30/0/31 on my rogue atm, going to have to respec for kara today however.

you need epic (or at least the training) if you want a flyin though.. thats the only reason i got my 100% mount.

Tk5SF.png

you need epic (or at least the training) if you want a flyin though.. thats the only reason i got my 100% mount.

I don't understand that.. I got my epic land mount as soon as I could.. and got Kurenai rep right up so I could buy a Talbuk too.

I don't understand that.. I got my epic land mount as soon as I could.. and got Kurenai rep right up so I could buy a Talbuk too.

When I said epic mount I should have said epic flying mount

I have my epic land mount and my normal flying mount too.

If I were to start playing WoW fresh what would be a good race/class or whatever to make? Are there any guides showing quests that I should do when I start to get some money/equips. Also how many hours of grinding should it take to get to a level where PVP/Raids become fun?

If I were to start playing WoW fresh what would be a good race/class or whatever to make? Are there any guides showing quests that I should do when I start to get some money/equips. Also how many hours of grinding should it take to get to a level where PVP/Raids become fun?

pick whatever race or class you want. Each have their own completely different style of playing and advantages, pick which one you will feel best with.

Raids only become do-able at the maximum level really.. which requires about 2-3 weeks of playtime if you know what your doing.

PVP can be done from lvl 10 onwards and its always fun.

just be sure to choose a PvP server

Tk5SF.png

First off, PvP server mate. if you're in the U.S join burning blade. I'm usually willing to help out with my rogue to any TIFers there.

Race/class just choose what sounds fun to you. Really any class is viable in the game, even shaman have a viable spec and place in the game. (resto + support buffs / dps in raids)

As far as raiding goes you don't raid until you're 70 and have a guild running them. You can raid old world instances (lvl 60) but they're a waste of time other than just checking 'em out.

PvP you can enjoy at any level really as there are level brackets for battlegrounds. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, ect up to a 60-69 bracket and an all 70's bracket.

To get to 70 in term of hours I think it took my rogue 9-10 days of playing to hit 70. That means 216-240 hours of game time to hit the max level if you know what you're doing. A new player might end up taking 15 days worth to get to 70 and it also depends on your class and even PvP or PvE server. (I probably could have hit 70 in 7 days if I didn't pvp so much).

Getting into raids takes more time, I have 20 days-ish on my rogue right now of playtime and I'm just geared up to go to the first raid at 70.

I want a class that's strong for PVP, I used to play Lineage II and had a Treasure Hunter and an Archer. Both were great for PVP, but other classes weren't, so would a rogue be similar to an archer or a TH?(TH's use daggers)

Rogues are actually a great deal like the TH/AW/PW's in lineage II. Many of our damaging attacks are from behind and we can get a lot of control over a fight with stuns.

If you want to as well you can simply run around with 2 swords and beat the crap out of stuff. :)

Btw I'm an ex-Lineage II player myself. I personally played spell howler for most of my time inside the game. 8-)

oh and to answer your question yes, we're strong in PvP. theres a strong rock > paper > scissors system in play but players who play well can overcome it at times. Our bane are plate wearers (warriors/paladins/druids in bear form). :)

I just loved being able to dash up fully buffed and tear thru any mage and even make a dent in a paladin. I just couldn't stand the grind anymore.

Yeah the grind got to me as well. 52 spellhowler on retail but most of my time spent playing the game was on Private servers, so I have much more experience from them.

Funny enough rogues also get 'dash' except it is sprint. 70%+ movement speed for 15 seconds on a 5 minute cooldown. (use it and can't use again for 5 mins). It is useful for catching up to someone thats kiting you at times.

Also the rogue stealth is actual stealth. When we're in it players can not see us unless they are a good deal higher level than us or we are close to them or if they have certain buffs (racials, ect.)

I just loved being able to dash up fully buffed and tear thru any mage and even make a dent in a paladin. I just couldn't stand the grind anymore.

Yeah the grind got to me as well. 52 spellhowler on retail but most of my time spent playing the game was on Private servers, so I have much more experience from them.

Funny enough rogues also get 'dash' except it is sprint. 70%+ movement speed for 15 seconds on a 5 minute cooldown. (use it and can't use again for 5 mins). It is useful for catching up to someone thats kiting you at times.

Also the rogue stealth is actual stealth. When we're in it players can not see us unless they are a good deal higher level than us or we are close to them or if they have certain buffs (racials, ect.)

Yeah your rogue seems so awesome I created one myself. I am also trying hunter out too (dunno which race to pick though. It will definitely be horde). One thing I don't get is why dont I ever see rogues in instances. I think out of all of 'em I have done I've seen maybe two. Where are they? Is it coincidental?

By the way I deleted my tauren druid I talked to you on. I decided I dont like druids...or taurens. Just trying out a troll rogue now.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

I think an Orc Hunter would be best for you, +pet damage and stun resist is always nice :)

Yeah, Orc's are the best hunters especially on a pvp server. Stun resist, enrage and the pet damage are all awesome.

When I said epic mount I should have said epic flying mount

I have my epic land mount and my normal flying mount too.

Ahh ok. :P

After a heavy dueling experience with my gnome mage, I think I am going to stick mostly to PvE with him. Either that or learn how to duel with mages :P . I think I'll create an orc hunter for PvP. Rogue is still a little iffy.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

After a heavy dueling experience with my gnome mage, I think I am going to stick mostly to PvE with him. Either that or learn how to duel with mages :P . I think I'll create an orc hunter for PvP. Rogue is still a little iffy.

Mages are some of the best 1v1ers in the game, hell I've seen well geared and skilled ice mages take on 2-3 people at once.

Yeah your rogue seems so awesome I created one myself. I am also trying hunter out too (dunno which race to pick though. It will definitely be horde). One thing I don't get is why dont I ever see rogues in instances. I think out of all of 'em I have done I've seen maybe two. Where are they? Is it coincidental?

Either you play on an odd server, or in the wrong level range. Rogue's are one of the most popular classes generally, due to their abilities in PvP, usefulness is in raids (good geared rogues is your melee DPS. Or, well, used to be when you had 40 man raids anyway) and handiness in instances: Sap makes an excellent crowd control, blind is useful temporary crowd control and stunlocking allows rogues to essentially take a mob out of the fight and solo it. While dealing loads and loads of damage. Some of the best instance runs I've ever done has been with rogue + mage + warlock (me) using our crowd control, to keep the fights under control, and our DPS to own things.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Just hit 35 today on my hunter. Pretty good considering I was level 21 like 4 days ago. :P

Toooooooo many hunters, man. It's all I see. Literally. I've seen liek 1 warrior, a couple locks, and 1,000 hunters while leveling.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!