Whats your favourite web browser?

astro

Whats your favourite web browser? Why?

Mine would have to be IE7 because i think its the most reliable browser. At least on my computer (Oh and by the way i have Opera, ff and maxthon as well)

You may think so but IE7 is definitly NOT the most reliable, that feat probably goes to Opera because Firefox extensions can sometimes cause problems.

This topic is a bit like the "post pics of your browser" thread except with less cowbell.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Personally FireFox, although I have yet to try Opera.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Guest Cosinus

Firefox is my favourite, but I also use Opera and IE6 when I'm creating homepages. Stupid that I can't update to IE7 without a legal XP version. :/

Stupid that I can't update to IE7 without a legal XP version. :/

Lol, I'm sure they'll be a cracked version out soon :twisted: .

Its kinda of wierd how microsoft helps anyone with a illegal copy, by not allowing them download resource hogging or hole ridden programs. EG. Windows Media Player, IE ect.

But they still allow some security updates.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Firefox is my favourite, but I also use Opera and IE6 when I'm creating homepages. Stupid that I can't update to IE7 without a legal XP version. :/
Yes, it is stupid that they wont allow you to receive all benefits of their software for free
The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

Yes, it is stupid that they wont allow you to receive all benefits of their software for free

How is it stupid? its their way of making money and theres nothing we can do about it. im sue if u make a company like microsoft YOU would not like to giving out your software for free to people who buy illegal copies of their software.

FireFox. Why? Because I'm too lazy to bother changing to anything else. :lol: It does its job, it does it well and it does what I want it to when I want it to.

I tryed Opera way back when at version 7 (or whatever it was that had the ads in it) and had some issues with it (crashing randomly, don't flame me Opera lovers). I do have Opera 9 installed for web testing but never use it beyond that because FireFox is all set up the way I like it. :mrgreen:

How is it stupid? its their way of making money and theres nothing we can do about it. im sue if u make a company like microsoft YOU would not like to giving out your software for free to people who buy illegal copies of their software.

lol someone can't understand sarcasm.

but back to the point, i use firefox because it has a lot of good free extensions. i haven't used opera, but i might give it a try.

i tried ie7, and i think that you couldn't make a worse browser if you tried. what were they thinking when they got rid of the whole file toolbar

runemsanta,nomar4.gif

what were they thinking when they got rid of the whole file toolbar

They didn't get rid of it, it's just off by default. Right click and you should find it in the toolbars menu. Even then it appears under the address bar though, which doesn't follow any other windows program I've ever seen. :?

Guest Cosinus

I just think that forcing people to use their systems in order to use another program is stupid, for example what about Web Developers that use Linux - shouldn't they have the ability to use IE7 in order to tune in their homepages for as many browsers as possible, without getting Windows?

To be honest, I wish I didn't have to use an illegal Windows version, but with my current economy I can't get an legal version. :(

I use Safari, mostly because it comes with the Mac OS, and I like the look of it sitting on my dock. Firefox is to ugly.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I use Safari, mostly because it comes with the Mac OS, and I like the look of it sitting on my dock. Firefox is to ugly.

I agree entirely! <3: I love Safari. I think it works pretty much the same way as Firefox, but it's 100x hawter <3: It basically has everything you need/want in a web browser: tab browsing, popup blocker, google search bar thing next to the address bar, etc.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I am going to have to go with Lynx for this one. :)

Firefox/Ice Weasel would be my second choice.

isnt lynx just a text browser? i read that it was somewhere on the net.

isnt lynx just a text browser? i read that it was somewhere on the net.

Yes, yes it is. It may be a text browser but its amazing.

how is it amazing?