100/99 Skill points...Useless?

Shazarabbit

Authors Note: I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mind if people donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like this idea, but if you do can you try to be constructive about it and say why it isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t and offer a solution to make it a good idea.

Now onto the suggestion

We all know about the introduction of the skill capes. They are great capes, they not only allow other people to see the high skills you have but they have reasonably good emotes and good stats.

However, what use is 100/99 if you have nothing to use this new found level for? What I am suggesting is to give those who have made the effort and maxed out certain skills something special to go with their capes. This would require making these permanent fixtures not just a temporary thing.

These are only ideas if anybody can think of something better in place of what I have; feel free to let me know. These are for non combat skills (which is why, Range/Mage/Prayer/Attack/Strength/Defense are not here)

100 Fletching ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Planks (Up to Oak, this will keep Construction as a Money sink)

100 Crafting - Combine Staffs (You will need Runes of each element, and talismans to do this)

100 Smithing ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ You can smith metal boots.

100 Mining - Access to New Mining Guild (Couple rune rocks, addy, mith and coal)

100 Fishing - Catch a whale (Or other new higher leveled fish)

100 Agility - Double Restore Rate

100 Thieving - Access to chest which contains great bounty. Will teleport away much like the blood chest in ardougne.

100 Runecrafting - Double Laws

100 Herblore - Create 4 dose potions out of the normal ingredients.

100 Cooking - Cook the new fish

100 Firemaking - You can start fires without a tinderbox (No Xp)

100 Woodcutting - Faster Rate to chop trees (Any)

100 Hunter ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Ability to set 6 traps as well as a new monster to catch (Suggested by Yuna Gunner3 & kell2005)

100 Construction - Extra 5 rooms for your house.

100 Farming - Shorter time frame to grow crops and less likely for them to become diseased.

100 Slayer - Get a better drop rate from slayer monsters.

These are just some ideas I think would be a good implementation for the game itself. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, remember to post constructively.

Thank You

Runescape Forums Quick find code: 24-25-250-39532057

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I do agree that the skill capes should give you a better bonus that they currently and while most of the suggested idea are good some would cause major problems. Here are the ones which I thought would cause problems:

Crafting - the ability to combine staffs would give mages a brilliant advantages - no more runes except for attack runes with a steam staff and you're all set. It would also remove the point of one of the main drops from the Dagganoth Kings; the mud battlestaff, which is worth a fair bit of money. The lava staff would be similarly affected. Although few people would be able to do this they would sell the products for large amounts of money causing the problem.

Runecrafting- this would be useful but another idea is for a larger pouch which will hold 15 essence at a time. it could be called the Enormous pouch or something.

Firemaking- why wouldn't you get XP from lighting it? I would guess you're character would be using a fire bow to light the fire which takes more skill than a tinderbox and flint. Therefore wouldn't you get slightly improved XP?

Construction- What would happen when you take the cape off? You would technically losing a level and wouldn't be able to have the 5 rooms anymore, so what would happen to them? Change it so that you can build an extra 5 rooms only if you have the cape equipped. If that is what you meant then sorry I didn't understand it that way.

Also what would be the healing capabilities of the new fish? Around 25?

I agree with Gin and Tonic - you would have to change the cape bonus so that it is always active.

I Dont like the idea it will change the economy once more...

but they have some uses the skillcapes ... at lvl 100cooking you will burn less sharks with the skillcape...

I don't see why you can't just grab some cooking gaunts for that reason... but less manta&turtles however.

IMO there shouldn't be any more advantages... the 100/99 is jmeant to be just a fun thing, like Jagex said... It's not a great help in any way, but it looks cool

Uula.png

I personally think this is an awful idea. I think some type of recognition for getting level 100 is a decent idea, but there should be no extra perks of using that skill, especially not the insanely overpowered ones that you described.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

These are the ones that I think should be changed... Otherwise good idea.

100 Fletching ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Planks (Up to Oak, this will keep Construction as a Money sink): This would be better for Crafting

100 Crafting - Combine Staffs (You will need Runes of each element, and talismans to do this): This would be better for Magic

100 Firemaking - You can start fires without a tinderbox (No Xp) Perhaps Half xp instead of no. I don't see how this'd be done though without placing a Light option, unless you have to drop them first and then light.

100 Woodcutting - Faster Rate to chop trees (Any) This is already so, and is also so with Mining, Fishing, and other skills of the such.

100 Construction - Extra 5 rooms for your house. Overkill... Perhaps 2 or 3

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

I personally think this is an awful idea. I think some type of recognition for getting level 100 is a decent idea, but there should be no extra perks of using that skill, especially not the insanely overpowered ones that you described.

If you feel they are overpowered, what suggestions do you have to combat this?

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

"Overpowered"?

When you spend so much effort on a level 99 skill, you'd espect to be rewarded for such efforts.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)