RUNESCAPE TOO ADDICTING? MADE BEFORE TIP IT TIMES!!!!

Joes_So_Cool

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many f2p players beg and cry for their parents to upgrade them so they can make millions being a member. I have not yet gotten to this stage and I don't think I will. Mostly because my mom has realised I am getting addicted and I am only allowed an hour a day so now I do this in my spare time.

You've been playing for four days and both you and your parents find you becoming addicted? You are in for a long bumpy road my friend. You have barely even started. You don't realize how much dedication and work some people put into the game. That's why getting hacked is one of the most glorious days in some peoples lives. Because they finally have a reason to quit Runescape.

Once you get your levels up some more you will realize how hard it actually becomes to go from level to level. You want to play more and more because you are not gaining levels as fast as you used to, and you think there is a problem. You will seek P2P for the answers to your problems. You will get P2P only to find more things to do and more places to explore. Then my friend, you will be sucked into the life of RuneScape.

You cannot start ranting about something you soon will become.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

Only the person playing it makes a game addicting. If it's a game they end up liking a lot, people tend to get addicted to the game. I'm addicted, but then again I go out a lot and hang out with friends. And when I'm on, I'm rarely on more than 2 hours nowadays. I have a life, and as I said, it's the games appeal to the individual customer that makes it addicting, not the actual game. In other words, the customer playing it has the choice of getting addicted or not, okay so nevermind, the game DOES have some part in being addicting, this is the appeal of the game, but in all essence, it's the player or customer who makes it addicting or not. :)

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Im also calling youre bluff on this one I'm afraid. You claim to have been playing for just 4 days, yet you have 136 posts, which you claim are all good posts, and you have already found the time to research the most expensive items in the game, and get a good grasp of Pking situations, and also find the time to make a decent quality pixel sig. Sorry buddy, but April Fools day aint for another 5 weeks yet.

On topic though, yes, Runescape is an addictive game and thats a well known fact. It stems from never being able to fully coplete the game, due to weekly updates and the sheer size of the game. If you are a person with a slightly lower willpower, like myself, you will struggle to kick Runescape ou of your life, you have to gradually get tired of it, and let it drift away over time.

And as Dalcyte says, no-one can tell you that you play 'too much' - that is for you to decide, based upon how much free time you have, and how you want to spend that free time.

I had a main with 9.6 blackmarks. Stopped playing for a year or so, came back and started this account.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

no f2p = no new players = no runescape :roll:

adds + f2pers = more money then jagex ever will make with p2p

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Im also calling youre bluff on this one I'm afraid. You claim to have been playing for just 4 days, yet you have 136 posts, which you claim are all good posts, and you have already found the time to research the most expensive items in the game, and get a good grasp of Pking situations, and also find the time to make a decent quality pixel sig. Sorry buddy, but April Fools day aint for another 5 weeks yet.

I had a main with 9.6 blackmarks. Stopped playing for a year or so, came back and started this account.

So this quote of yours was pretty much a full on lie?

I have been playing for only a few days

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

i find it only kind of addicting, in that if I am by myself I would either be playing rs or working on my car!

a year ago I was more addicted than I am now. I don't let it run my life, and I would MUCH rather be playing hockey or hanging with my friends than playing runescape... much as I enjoy runescape.

runemzombie,mr%20sir17.gif

newbankofrsyq0.gif

rssig.jpg

goal:1000 total f2p lvls.

I can't believe how much runescape affects some peoples lives.

How hard is it to just ring up some friends and do something together? Football? Go for a meal? Or even just chillin somewhere.

I understand that some people over play during the winter time, because of the weather and the lack of light hours - i'm guilty of that too. But going out is a higher priority than runescape in my books.

What worries me is when people spend summer time (in the UK) inside, sat down in front of a television screen or monitor. It does worry me.

boratto.jpg

What worries me is when people spend summer time (in the UK) inside, sat down in front of a television screen or monitor. It does worry me.

Hehe... Hammock + laptop + wireless internet connection = Runescape and being outside 8-)

I don't take the laptop to the beach though -- the sand is bad for it :shock:

hugh_mannity.png

Hehe... Hammock + laptop + wireless internet connection = Runescape and being outside 8-)

lol :thumbup:

We got one of them swing sofa things in the back garden - I can just about pick up internet there. Our hub is at the front of the house.

BUT STILL, appreciate the outside.

boratto.jpg

After your "NEW" stages you can quickly control your game-playing hours because after you've done most of the quest, got to wear rune armor and whatnot...you start getting bored. And then some of you have your "NEW member" stages....gotta get past that too. lol

Jagex should like shut down Runescape during the mid-summer forcing lots of kids to do some exercise...

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Jagex should like shut down Runescape during the mid-summer forcing lots of kids to do some exercise...

they should also supply heart rate monitors that check your heart rate every 60 minutes, which is when you get off your backside and do 15 minutes of 3/4 pace jogging on the spot. If you fail to reach above 70% of your maximum heart rate, you get a temporary ban and an electric shock.

[/sarcasm]

eek, that's a bit extreme.

boratto.jpg

I cant see why people are so gullable to just follow other people's opinions.

Ill try to give you my story.

On my elementary school I was often bullied and teased and what not, even on that new highschool I was always down. To a point wich I dont give a darn about peoples opinion about me anymore.

If you really have parents, friends, and who and what not saying you play too much, and you think that too, cut down on rs. Seriously.

If people start saying you play too much, if your only playing 6 hours a day on an day off. And its snowy, rainy outside. Then what else would you do? Get hooked on another thing?

You only play too much, when it effects your life. And you can only cut off from Rs, if you and YOU only acknowledge the fact that your an addict. Not by other people.

So I dont see why Rs is soo addicting, sure some people play way too much. But by generalisation, people think everyone is going to get addicted. Same way as with World of Warcraft.

Rs is not too addicting, you can easily quit if you want.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I cant see why people are so gullable to just follow other people's opinions.

Ill try to give you my story.

On my elementary school I was often bullied and teased and what not, even on that new highschool I was always down. To a point wich I dont give a darn about peoples opinion about me anymore.

If you really have parents, friends, and who and what not saying you play too much, and you think that too, cut down on rs. Seriously.

If people start saying you play too much, if your only playing 6 hours a day on an day off. And its snowy, rainy outside. Then what else would you do? Get hooked on another thing?

You only play too much, when it effects your life. And you can only cut off from Rs, if you and YOU only acknowledge the fact that your an addict. Not by other people.

So I dont see why Rs is soo addicting, sure some people play way too much. But by generalisation, people think everyone is going to get addicted. Same way as with World of Warcraft.

Rs is not too addicting, you can easily quit if you want.

I know I am being a hypocrite but I can understand paying 5 dollars a month but then their are those people who buy all of their RUNESCAPE money off of Ebay and spend hundereds of dollars! That is outrageous and when you need to admit you have a bit of a problem.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Those are not people that have something loose in their heads, their just way too lazy to make it on a legal way.

Same way is with those WoW golddiggers.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Here in Dairyland (Wisconsin, for you non-Americans) its been about negative bajillion degrees plus wind and snow. Its finally starting to thaw out, after a mild begining of winter, and a harsh mid-winter. There's really nothing to do unless you plan being tomorrow's headline:

TEENAGER FOUND FROZEN SOLID OUTSIDE!!! PARENTS CLAIM CABIN FEVER WAS TO BLAME!!! COMPUTER HAS BEGUN GREIVING AFTER ONLY ONE DAY OF NO RUNESCAPE!!!!

souryw6.png

I prefer real life to runescape life... I only play it when I have free time( which is alot nowadays -.- )

If a friend asks me to go out/do some stuff i will NEVER tell him/her that I can't come because I have a pktrip/whatever on runescape :roll:

And joes_so_cool, aren't black marks from june or something? So your main can't have had 9.6marks? :shame: :roll: :-k