RUNESCAPE TOO ADDICTING? MADE BEFORE TIP IT TIMES!!!!

Joes_So_Cool

MY POST COUNT IS HIGH, I DON'T FLAME PEOPLE THREADS. I ACUTELY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. So don't think that because I have been a member of Tip.It since the 17th I flame threads like crazy to get post counts. WRONG!

I have been playing for only a few days and this game is SO addicting I have wanted to skip going to the movies with my friends so I could level up a cooking level. Many f2p players beg and cry for their parents to upgrade them so they can make millions being a member. I have not yet gotten to this stage and I don't think I will. Mostly because my mom has realised I am getting addicted and I am only allowed an hour a day so now I do this in my spare time.

This is a fact: Many kids between the ages of 13-16 stopped playing sports due to the fact of online games/the internet. Runescape and Myspace being one of the causes for kids to slowly become out of shape.

I think even more people stop lplaying sports and the only reason they said 13-16 is your suposto be 13 to play Runescape.

I see more and more of these. I will post them as I see them.

How long do u think it will take to cut 180k willows im just wondering....i have no life and i play rs a lot so that might help

Not even a "Lol" or "Jk" after it.

What I am getting at is are you addicted to Runescape or the internet in general? I myself am almost there. I have basketball for now but soon that will be over and I will be spending more and more time playing an online game woodcutting and fishing instead of going out to help my family cut some wood for our fireplace or go out with my Grandfather fishing for a few hours. Instead i'd rather sit inside of my house and woodcut and fish in a game.

I know many people disagree with me but for all of you f2p players think of it like this:

If Jagex had cut out all of the ftp worlds (saving them money from keeping them up) and only let P2P players play about 1 out of every 4 FTP players would literally beg for their parents to upgrade them to Members so they could get back to their precious game.

Thank you and I'd love to see the replies this thread gets.

~Joe.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boo hoo! :( :boohoo: Your not paying, so why should you get any updates at all. 1 more row of bank space is the most you should get. Just 1 more row of bank space, Thats all they should give to nons. So stop crying about it. RS will never give you any updates. so stop crying :( :boohoo:

Not all people who play waste their money on an online game. So maybe you should get a life?

Walking contradiction.

"Am I really willing to ruin my social life over a game?" Ask yourself that question and think of the consequences.

Many people seem to find Runescape very addicting. As with everything online, balance is the key. I only play it when I have free time.

And it's winter in Massachusetts, so everything is frozen solid. Except for the occaisonal hockey game I can't play a whole lot of sports right now. :XD:

If people find it's cutting into their social lives, they should try to not play so much. And if they find that they can't handle balance, they should probably quit altogether. So no, I wouldn't call the game "too addicting". There are addicts to pretty much everything - but most people who play can do so without becoming RS zombies.

first: it is f2p, not FTP (wich has a total other meaning)

Yes runescape is addicting, but its not only runescape, al computergames

playstation and Xbox games have the same effect.

As a student teacher we learn how to see the effects of these computergames on schoolresults.

main reason is because then feel better playing a virtual game then sporting, going out, etc

why?

the reason is simple

its a virtual world, u can control it a bit and it doesn t happen in real life,u dont get tired because u have to run 10 times around the footballfield.

the children feel/ think they have a social life because they interaft with other friends. (in MMORPGs)

Yes it is in some sort a social life but some important aspects are missing.

Now for runescape:

when does it becomoe addicting?

When getting a higher lvl becomes a challenge

when they want to achieve something

when they feel the power of killing others (pking)

and 1000th of reasaons more

this goes for al players

IT IS YOUR LIFE AND YOU DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT

some other facts because i do not agree with u.

1 out of 4 would beg for membership? way overrated!

as an F2P playermyself, i would never beg for membership.

for me the reason is simple: why become member when there are still so many things to do in free worlds...

if jagex cut down al free worlds, most of the players will know they 'wasted' lots of time.

RL > Rs, don't forget this!

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

uh..... u sound like my mother and the entire media! r u a kid or an adult :-k ! i think u should balance between online worlds and real life of course. But, i also believe it's a choice for everyone, plus, could u image if some kids were removed from the web completely? you'd be a social reject, i myself would probably go into a coma.......

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

I'm impressed, after 3 days you've already answered about a hundred questions :shock: give or take a few and discovered one of the most important things about RS that you'll probably ever figure out. I know during my first days of RS I was all caught up just trying not to get owned by that Goblin (level 3), but I guess now with the tutors things are alot easier to figure out <.<

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

Children for quite some time have been getting out of shape - choose whatever excuse is the 'hot topic' of the moment.

To say RS is addicting isn't looking deep enough. If it was just you and the game, I'd say you'd get bored pretty quick. But it's the interaction with other people that gets you hooked.

I'm an adult and when I first started playing RS the "thrill" of completing all the F2P quests is what got me interested and as time went on I formed friendships. I have a short attention span with games and get bored easily. RS has by far been the longest computer game I've played. (well maybe Solitaire beats that :XD: )

RS gets boring at times too, but I enjoy the friendships I have made in game and that is the #1 reason I still play RS.

When I started playing I realized that I spent a bit too much time on RS and took mini-breaks (I used to play 7 days a week for months) taking a day off here and there and whoa - the game is still there!

Now I'm busier in real life, I still play RS but I no longer "have to". I know the game will still be there.

I find it disturbing to see how hooked some people get. They let it affect their life in negative ways.

I wouldn't blame RS or any computer/internet related games for the lack of physical activity/"real life" of kids today. After all, the game can't MAKE you play, you have to make that decision and your family should be aware of what you're doing online. Parents that step in and say "I think you're spending a little too much time playing on the computer, let's set a limit" is a good thing =D>

As for the adults that play RS, as long as they are happy in their real life and not use RS as a permanent escape to get away from RL problems, we should be fine. ::'

A healthy balance can be had for your online and real life activities.

So let me go check on my farm allotments then do some laundry IRL :mrgreen:

Vine is waving at me. What? What was that?! It gave me the tendril! :o

Vhellcat.png

I understand what everyone is saying. I am a kid, 14 and am partially addicted to Runescape. I do play sports and as well live in MA and play basketball almost year round.

I will get over it.

And also I understand that it is because you are interacting with other players which makes it addicting Either way it is still addicting.

I don't get addicted to ps2 games and that is the only system I have. Maybe it is because I can't interact with online players unless I hook it up to the internet.

~Joe.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I have been playing since the 17th.

I doubt you've been playing for like...4 days.

Your sig has some guy attacking someone with a whip and the other holding a shark

If you've been playing for 4 days you probably wouldn't know about p2p stuff yet and even be able to make that kind of quality sig.

And when I first started playing I didn't hear about tif or Tip.It for a few months

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

your really addicted to rs if you've only been playing for 4 days already found tif and have 4 skills on the rs highscores... accually thiers a thing in debate club bout this you should put some input thier.

i spend a bunch of time on the computer. sometimes it is tempting to runescape for a few extra hours rather then doing something else. if you like to play rs and have nothing else to do playing all day is fine but if rs feels like work and is not fun then you should really rethink why you are playing runescape for.

also another reason people are addicted especially high level players is because they have realized that they have put so much time into the game and feel the need to log in and check with people.

most free players beg for members because they feel the need to upen thier characters most of the people that are addicted (including me sadly) didn't really have a good "real life" in the first place so rs the game seems a bit better to them.

StarViv.png

Now, we all know Runescape make people go crazy :lol:

Anyways, most people I know that play Runescape have a life besides going on the computer all day (some I know don't :D )

So if you ask me is Runescape addictive? No, as long as you have self control :)

Well, i have a sports requirement :-$

But you shouldn't let rs take charge of your life. But honestly, i think no one has a right to say "You play to much" unless you play for seriously TO MUCH. It all depends on who you are, and what you're doing at the moment. If you have nothing else to do, and are playing rs a lot...i think thats ok, but not in excess. Just monitor you're time, keep an egg timer by your computer or a watch with chrono on. Trick is to know when enough is enough.

Im also calling youre bluff on this one I'm afraid. You claim to have been playing for just 4 days, yet you have 136 posts, which you claim are all good posts, and you have already found the time to research the most expensive items in the game, and get a good grasp of Pking situations, and also find the time to make a decent quality pixel sig. Sorry buddy, but April Fools day aint for another 5 weeks yet.

On topic though, yes, Runescape is an addictive game and thats a well known fact. It stems from never being able to fully coplete the game, due to weekly updates and the sheer size of the game. If you are a person with a slightly lower willpower, like myself, you will struggle to kick Runescape ou of your life, you have to gradually get tired of it, and let it drift away over time.

And as Dalcyte says, no-one can tell you that you play 'too much' - that is for you to decide, based upon how much free time you have, and how you want to spend that free time.

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

first: it is f2p, not FTP (wich has a total other meaning)

Free To Play.

And if RS is addicted, limit yourself to the computer, anyone can do it.

I've been playing since the 17th.
I highly doubt that. You couldn't make such a good sig, and know about P2P items like Toast said. I doubt that 4 days you know what those items are..

i exercise everyday. I play lots of sports. I also play runescape. I think the reason the kids are getting over weight is not because they are addicted, is because maybe they feel lowly about themselves. so they think if they can excel at something it would be runescape. thats what i think. :thumbsup: \'

noobff5.gif

I personally dont find it addictive. I hang out with my friends any chance i get, bu what im really trying to say is that in 10 years from now are you going to regret the time you lost with your friends or not getting an extra 1m in an online game.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Why would you have to give up sports ? I play basketball ( Well the season just ended 17 points a game in 6 minute quarters) Football, and used to play soccer When I lived in Virginia I played soccer.

Unless you play 8-12 hours a day which I don't see how you could do unless you don't got school/don't have a job you won't really have to drop other things.

PS: a little off topic

How do you know so much about Runescape to help so many people with posts when you've been playing for 4 days ?

britonlongbo.png