Hunter - the Complete Guide

Elessar3019

well its a great guide! especially with the new impling thing coming out everyong wants to get the higher hunter levels. but what i want to know is, are red chinchompas the only to train past 63? because ive never liked doing the same thing for more than... 2 hours... :P but seriously, that long with red chinchompas will get boring. but what about falconry? i my self can catch dark kebbits, pretty fast if i might add :D, and ya dropping the hides will take some time but still, would it be faster? or what about red salamanders? id still drop those too as they dont fetch any gp as red chinchompas od, but still kinda fast. but than again... as everyone else tho i would like a ton of gp :P but still faster would be better...

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its a great guide! especially with the new impling thing coming out everyong wants to get the higher hunter levels. but what i want to know is, are red chinchompas the only to train past 63? because ive never liked doing the same thing for more than... 2 hours... :P but seriously, that long with red chinchompas will get boring. but what about falconry? i my self can catch dark kebbits, pretty fast if i might add :D, and ya dropping the hides will take some time but still, would it be faster? or what about red salamanders? id still drop those too as they dont fetch any gp as red chinchompas od, but still kinda fast. but than again... as everyone else tho i would like a ton of gp :P but still faster would be better...

I personally prefer chinchompas, as they're fairly fast at lower lvls, and insanely fast at higher lvls. There aren't enough dark kebbits to justify hunting them (2 in the falconry area, I think). Some people say that red salamanders are faster than chinchompas until around lvl 74, which is when I noticed a sharp increase in the number of chinches I was catching per hour. Try them if you want, I found them to be boring and slow-paced.

Oh, and a note to everyone who has chinchompas and is looking to sell them: DON'T DO IT! The new release today means that the market is going to look like a roller coaster for a few days. Hang on to your chinches and wait until the dragon arrow craze goes down a bit. Don't think I'm just telling you this so that I'll be able to find a buyer. I have 2k chinches I forgot to sell yesterday and I might regret it!

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I really love your guide and really helped me get up my hunting levels, but you need to edit about Eagle's peak quest, because when i did at 27 hunting I only got to0 29 rather than 31?

My 3 favorite skills!

1st. coolcobra77.png

2nd. coolcobra77.png

3rd. coolcobra77.png

:o what's a red kebbit? :P

I'm solely interested in getting to level 66 - once I hit 63, would it still be advisable to switch to red chins, or should I just stick with grey? Or go to red salamanders?

• 1 month later...

Good guide \'

I would suggest, however, in part III, that you put some sort of arrows from the transportation methods to Yanille. Me being the dumb idiot that I am went to the hunter area expecting to be able to buy hunter stuff #-o

Needless to say it was a long trek to Yanille and back again.

Also, don't you get some Hunter XP off other quests/mini-quests? Such as the Varrock museum downstairs. So if you're on the part of Eagle's Peak in Varrock, just pop to the museum and do the bits downstairs and it's an easy 1000xp, especially if you use the tip.it guide.

EDIT: Doing Eagle's Peak gets you to level 29 not 31

nice

=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾=ÃÆÃâÃâ¦Ã¾

^you like those smilies huh^

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another.

• 4 weeks later...

i found that grey chinchompas are very hard to catc and harder to sell, and also try dark kebbits to lvl 60 and then red salamanders. Also i found rabbit snaring isn't that good.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

• 4 weeks later...

THANK YOU!!!!!

these chinchompas are almost LEAPING into my invo thanks to you!!! \'

its almost as if they want to help me its scarey :uhh:

i get them faster then i can set up traps and im only 57 hunter!!! ::'

THANKS AGAIN :thumbsup:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

would it be usefull to smoke the traps when i hunt chimps?

and does it help to make bait? do i need bait every chimp i catch ?

and how do i make the bait

greetings

Ive tried and using bait is simply not worth it. It's unstaclacble and u use one up per chin. Smoking i haven't made timed tests to be sure, but mostly they keep you busy enough anyway so i don't think smoking will help much. One of the other hunter guides atates that it is slower, I think is the 'Hunter tactics to catching more chinchompas per hour', search that.

Hmmm....

Probably.

Oh and the bait is made by making spicy chopped tomato for greys and spicy minched meat for reds. You get a bowl, knife, spice (from ardy stall) and tomato or cooked meat as needed. use the knife on the meat or tomato and you will chop it into the bowl. Then use the spice on it. You need 1 bowl and 1 tomato or meat per bait but you get the bowl back. Spice and knives are reuseable.

Also you use one bait each time you put in the box trap, whether you catch it or not, and smoking and bait only increases range and strength of the traps capture area, not your chance of catching it.

Hmmm....

Probably.

Oh and the bait is made by making spicy chopped tomato for greys and spicy minched meat for reds. You get a bowl, knife, spice (from ardy stall) and tomato or cooked meat as needed. use the knife on the meat or tomato and you will chop it into the bowl. Then use the spice on it. You need 1 bowl and 1 tomato or meat per bait but you get the bowl back. Spice and knives are reuseable.

Also you use one bait each time you put in the box trap, whether you catch it or not, and smoking and bait only increases range and strength of the traps capture area, not your chance of catching it.

k, thanks

Calm_Koala.png

• 1 month later...

Very nice guide. :)

Yagami.png

I would like to get the most difficult 99 in the game to accomplish. which is woodcutting.
because I had a drunken night in philadelphia and sprayed a fire extinguiser, evacuated a 7 story hotel on the philly stadium, spent the night in jail.. then got on level 2 prob & have to pay 50 a month because I have a job. It's their way of collecting more money out of me.

Yagami.png

Yagami.png

Yagami.png