Hunter tactics to catch more red chinchompas per hour

quantumkik

Don't know if you mentioned it in the guide, but a bow sure comes in handy when hunting chins. They wander pretty far away at times and it's frustrating. Killing them with a bow from range is a nice solution, forcing them to respawn near your waiting traps :)

Harrington.gif

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

With the expansion of the map for the new Ogre spa in Oo'glog, has the placement of traps and best spots to use been affected at all? (ie you can no longer depend on the edge of the map to limit the wandering of the chinchompas that spawn at A and C)

One of the things I liked about gaining access to the pools was that after a quick dip in the mud pool for a while I could lay 5 traps rather than 4.

:thumbsup:

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

• 6 months later...
Umm, what guide? All I see is a table of contents then after that people replying how great a guide it is :shock: .

I really wanted to know how to speed up chin hunting :(

Man, I remember this guide. I don't remember everything in it, but I remember it was a good guide. And it taught me the clicking tricks. If you want me to, I'll try to explain

Too bad this thread got lost in the forum rollback :cry:

Amaranth_GTO.png

am i missing something here??? i dont see any guide what so ever......

let it die, it was lost in rollback

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No. It was lost in the great forum rollback. No way it can be revived. I remembered a few of the tips he had, and included them in my hunter guide, but all the others are lost. for good.

Man that's a shame.

vettro.png

Hunter tactics to catch more red chinchompas per hour

Edits:

- typing mistakes

- added picture with the yellow x

- price update

Table of Contents:

1. Introduction

2. The xp you can get with my methods

3. How to train to level 63

4. Which world to train in

5. At what spot to train

6. How to lay your traps

7. Clicking tricks

8. How to pick up your traps

9. What to do with all those red chinchompas.

If you want to jump to a chapter, use Ctrl+F and type the number of the chapter, including the dot after the number. For instance, if you want to look at my xp data before you decide if this guide is worth reading, search for ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Å2.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Is there something wrong with the guide? 'Cause that's all I got :x .

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

yea more pictures i hate reading :P i like your method im 86 hunter right now i might try it out. I use this method

x....x

..x...

x....x

x's being a box to wear it looks like a 5 on the dice and find it really nice i can catch about 300 an hour too.

omg! how do u get 300 an hour I hunt for like 5 hours a day and barely manage to make 1k chinchompas. Do I surround the respawn points? regardless I bring a bow and arrows to shoot the ones that wander off. i just find it hard to constantly check my traps. I often get too little chinchompas or I get alot but I dont have time to quickly lay the traps after they have been snagged. So what can I do?