Hunter tactics to catch more red chinchompas per hour

quantumkik

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant!! Got 180 chompa's in 1 hour at hunter lvl 64!!

Just Amazing!! Best hunter guide ever!

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

Good guide, I have never touched hunter so I have an extremely noobish question lol, what do you need to catch what you said for level 1 hunter, items and stuff.

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

ohhh mite use it wen i get hunter up

LVL 1 HUNTER AND PROUD :thumbsup:

Team Brutality = One more reason not for me to step into wildy with anything valuable. O:)

nice guide, i seem to be getting the same results as you, 330 red chins per hour at 81/82 hunter :)

nearly 83 atm!

~sean

gofsiggycr2.png

DK Drops (duo) - 4 - 1x D Axe 1x Berserker, 2x Warrior. Drag Drops - 1 - 1x Skirt.

Barrows Drops - 14 - 1x G spear, 3x K skirt , 2x k x-bow, 1x k top, 2x v flail, 1x v brassard, 1x dh body, 1x dh legs and 2x dh helm.

Proud owner of a fighter torso

im waiting for those 8 ranged lvls i need for red chinchompas. i can use normal chinchompas though! and my cousin found out that when the other team gets all their meleers protecting the flag, that red chinchompas can get you about 67k ranged exp in only a couple of minutes. don't believe me? heres the equasion. *constant supply of level 47's with 33 hp that all stand on 1 square + big BOOM from red's / 667 red chinchompas = tons of exp.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Hey awesome guide I will use it to get to 99 =D>

10/10

But I have one question: When you can't set up 5 traps, which one do you recomend to take away? Personally, I dont set up the one the fartest west (near the bottom of your picture) but what do you recomend?

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

But I have one question: When you can't set up 5 traps, which one do you recomend to take away? Personally, I dont set up the one the fartest west (near the bottom of your picture) but what do you recomend?

Check page 2. There you can find a picture of the setup with 4 traps.

Very good guide. And it's nice to see your own name in a thread you've never heard of before. :) Thanks for giving me credit. Might catch some more red chinchopas now for getting my ranged up.

Some Pictures in the "Uses of Red Chinchompas" section.

Like examples of rounding up monsters, Also pictures of you useing the Chinchompa on something so we can see the Look, Just some tips as i loved this guide and especially the area of using the Chinchompas.

This has motivated me to get Members and get 80Hunting!

Thanks, :thumbsup:

~Aussy

penguinesigrq6.png

The best hunter guide! also really helpful with the hunter areas, ive used it.

thanks!

3 thumbs up :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(

I was wondering though, (I do use this method of laying traps) is this really better than the 5-dice method that the top hunters claim is best?

5-Dice method:

x...x

..x..

x...x

I have seen other players using the dice pattern, but I never used it myself because I thought my pattern was better.

There is not a big diference in the size of the attraction zones. That depends how far you lay the traps from the rim of the map.

But with the dice pattern you are not able to do what is special about my pattern: make sure that chinchompas A en B each respawn within the attraction zone of two traps. (If they respawn when the first trap is down, they can get attracted to the second trap.) With the dice pattern, you can only do that with 1 of the chinchompas. Near the other chinchompa you can only lay 1 trap.

I'll try to make that clearer with a picture that compares my pattern and the dice pattern:

redchinspatterndicedh4.png

As you can see in the picture, with the dice pattern chinchompa A can get attracted to 3 traps, so the chance that this chinchompa gets away is smaller. But near chinchompa B there is only 1 trap, so when he misses that trap or that trap is down, he can walk away from your traps and take a long time before coming back.

I tried several places for the dice pattern and this was the best one I could think of. In the picture the attraction zone of the dice pattern is a bit smaller then mine. If you lay the dice pattern 1 square further from the rim, the attraction zone is a bit bigger then mine. But that also means that chinchompas A en C are further from the traps when they walk along the rim of the map. I think the chance of attraction is smaller then, but that's only a feeling.

In the picture I used the dice pattern you drew. It's also possible to use a larger dice pattern:

x... x

..x..

x...x

That way you can create an attraction zone that is bigger then mine. But that would mean more walking. And you still can't lay 2 traps near both chinchompas A and B.

The only way to make sure which pattern is best, is to time each pattern for at least an hour at the same hunter level. I didn't hunt after I reached lvl 99, but maybe one day I'll try that.

what is better xp, red chimpas or red salimanders, or dashing kebbits?

At level 63, red salamanders give the best xp (about 50k per hour). But after a few levels, when you get close to level 70, red chinchompas give more xp (if you use my method). Dashing kebbits at lvl 69 only give 40-45k xp an hour. Red chinchompas and red salamanders both give more xp.

If you want to train with red salamanders longer because you like them and don't care about the rewards of red chinchompas, change to red chinchompas as soon you reach level 80. You can then lay 5 traps, which means red chinchompas give a lot more xp then red salamanders. All high level hunters agree on that, whatever method they use to catch red chinchompas. That's because you can't use 5 traps with red salamanders.

what is better xp, red chimpas or red salimanders, or dashing kebbits?

At level 63, red salamanders give the best xp (about 50k per hour). But after a few levels, when you get close to level 70, red chinchompas give more xp (if you use my method). Dashing kebbits at lvl 69 only give 40-45k xp an hour. Red chinchompas and red salamanders both give more xp.

If you want to train with red salamanders longer because you like them and don't care about the rewards of red chinchompas, change to red chinchompas as soon you reach level 80. You can then lay 5 traps, which means red chinchompas give a lot more xp then red salamanders. All high level hunters agree on that, whatever method they use to catch red chinchompas. That's because you can't use 5 traps with red salamanders.

thanks

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know how i can thank you so much! its just a great spot to train, and how to put the traps is great too! im just so happy i read this!

till my lvl (85 now) i used those patterns at spot nr 1:

X..X <-- the dice

..X..

X..X

and this one:

..X..X <----- the 'plus with a box at it' pattern

X..X

..X..

also my record is 90 chins in 15 minutes. (i also look per 15 minutes) :P. normally i do like 75 per 15 minutes. i hope that it will go up with your strategies :).

-hagevelder-

wish me luck with 99 hunter :) 90 atm!

Amazing guide, very detailed.

I read it all, even though i'm unable to hunt chinchompas, but i'm sure it will help a lot when I do.

Great job!

Exactly like what I was gonna post. :-s

Anywho, great job!

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb