Hunter tactics to catch more red chinchompas per hour

quantumkik

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are many ways for hunting them but i still believe setting up 5 traps in a straight line from east to west is the best solution at spot 4. With this method you set up traps alot faster and the chance of the chompa A getting caught each spawn is about 85%.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

there are many ways for hunting them but i still believe setting up 5 traps in a straight line from east to west is the best solution at spot 4. With this method you set up traps alot faster and the chance of the chompa A getting caught each spawn is about 85%.

I agree that there are many ways to hunt chinchompas. In my guide I already said I don't claim that my set-up is the best of all. But I disagree with you that setting up traps in a straight line from east to west is a lot faster then my method. That's only true if you don't avoid the walk west. During the time you need for that walk, I can run (faster then walking) to another trap a few squares away. My character immediately begins to pick up the trap. You have to wait until the walk west is finished, before you can click on the trap to do that. And my set-up covers more squares than yours. You only mention the chance of catching chinchompa A. How about chinchompa B? I catch that one as often as chinchompa A right after he respawns.

I haven't counted catches and misses, so I can't say what my succes rate is. That rate mostly depends on your hunter level anyhow. Because of the timing results that were posted before I made my guide, and the reply of nitram99 (changed the west/east pattern to my pattern, and nearly trippled the amount of caught chinchompas) I still strongly believe my method is better then yours. But never say never. Would you be so kind to time your method for at least an hour, and post your hunter level and the amount of caught chinchompas during the timing period? Then we can compare our results. Maybe you can prove me wrong.

this is a great guide for hunting furry red BOMBS

i myself have only thrown 10 at the pits with a clan their (that was fun they were all in mystic) i got like 3k exp from 10 chinchys <--nick name

great experience at pits if u got some friends have some fun with em

im also only 1 hunter :( and wanna hunt my own chinchompas for 85 range (hmm wunder how many i need) im not bothered how much money i could make off of this so yer

but on an estime how long do u think it would take from lvl 1 hunter to red chinchys

thanks

TONY

GREAT guide by the way

10/10

lol sigs r for people who know how to use things like paint and can create masterpeices

HERES MINE THOUGH

pkertony%202%202.gif

on an estime how long do u think it would take from lvl 1 hunter to red chinchys

I didn't time it myself, but when I made my guide I collected the data of several players who posted their results on the tip.it forums. Based on those posts, I'm sure it's possible to get from lvl 1 to lvl 50 in 9 to 12 hours, depending on the way you train (having fun, or only hunting the animals that give the best xp).

From lvl 50 to 59 an average of 30-35k xp per hour should be possible with falconry or net trapping, so 4 to 5 hours. If you hunt grey chinchompas from lvl 53, that might take a bit longer.

If you hunt red salamanders (50k per hour) from lvl 59 to 63, that takes 2,5 hours.

So roughly it takes 15 to 20 hours to get from lvl 1 to lvl 63. You can do that in a week if you train 3 hours a day.

Brilliant. Im currently on Greys (59 hunter) but its still very useful.

Hopefully they'll be worth using in pc because I'm not up to trying to sell them. Then it's on too red's.

Thanks again for the advice!

-------

Currently looking for someone to make me a signature.. pm here or in game! Thanks ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâæ Fonz

Trick 4:

When a chinchompa is going for a trap, you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to wait with clicking on that trap until the trap is replaced by a disabled trap or a filled trap. If you click at the right time, you will see the yellow X meaning ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åwalk hereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Hopefully they'll be worth using in pc because I'm not up to trying to sell them. Then it's on too red's.

59 hunter you should hunt Red salamanders... then at 63 move right to red chins.

Slaythemx2.gif

Trick 4:

When a chinchompa is going for a trap, you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to wait with clicking on that trap until the trap is replaced by a disabled trap or a filled trap. If you click at the right time, you will see the yellow X meaning ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åwalk hereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

59 hunter you should hunt Red salamanders... then at 63 move right to red chins.

That's a matter of choice. If you want fast xp to get to lvl 63 as soon as possible, go for the red salamanders. But Slaythemx2 is going to use the red chinchompas for ranging himself. Then it's wiser to hunt grey chinchompas (even when they are slower to train), so he can use those for ranging too. When the greys are gone, he has learned all about using chinchompas the best way, and won't waste reds for that.

I made it up to lvl 63 finally. Was using spot 1 and 2 til now. Now that I have the guide printed out, I can use spot #4. Since at the "noob" spots some jerk name Legolas#### seems to like to lay his traps right next to mine in world 97 all the time.

Great guide. I have caught 200 red chompas so hope to find the best monster to use them on in conjuction with my slayer/range training. Might try on shadow warriors since they stick together and have nice drops.

Might be good to try on ankous also.

mbrun.gif

Barrows Drops: Guthan's platelegs and War Spear, Dharok's plate body and Great Axe, Verac's Flail, Verac's Helm x 2, Ahrim's top, Dharok's plate legs

Dragon Drops: Medium Helm x 4, Shield Left Half, plate legs x 2, skirt x 2.

good guide. can tactics be applied to normal chins? i cant do reds yet

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Great guide, however my set up is different from yours mine was;

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâà ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâàÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâà XX

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâà ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâàÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâà X

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâà XX

Anyhow, I'm still trying to sell all my red chinchompas (47.8k), can't seem to find a buyer at a decent price. :thumbsup:

mithmmagecape,Wilfred%20T.gif

Omg I was mentioned :D

Anyway, after reading your thing I just wanted to mention: after laying a trap, the 'attraction zone' doesn't kick in until 5 or so seconds after the trap was laid, so even if they spawn in the attraction zone they may escape due to the attraction zone not being activated yet.

Also, chinchompa prices is stable at about 600-700 from what I've seen (might be wrong) so you still make good profit, but not as good as me and you who sold ours 1k each :P

99Hunterbanner3.jpg

Omg I was mentioned :D

Ofcourse! Thanks to you and all others that posted numbers, I had something to compare my numbers with. If you hadn't posted, I wouldn't have known that I might have something useful to say.

Anyway, after reading your thing I just wanted to mention: after laying a trap, teh 'attraction zone' doesn't kick in until 5 or so seconds after teh trap was laid, so even if they spawn in teh attraction zone they may escape due to teh attraction zone not being activated yet.

That's why I recommend in my guide to lay 2 traps near each respawn. If trap 1 isn't working yet, trap 2 can catch it.

Also, chinchompa prices is stable at about 600-700 from what I've seen (might be wrong) so you still make good profit, but not as good as me and you who sold ours 1k each :P

I've been checking rs forums price again a few days (don't know world 2 prices). If you have a decent amount, normal price is 700 each, but 750-800 is also possible. If you have only a small amount or want to get rid of them fast, then price is 650.