Luring is getting bad.

Kill_Hybrid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well luring is decieving other players..

But there are plenty of warnings before you go in the wilderness.

If you are dumb enough to get lured its your own fault I would think it's common sense to not bring valuables in the wildy or near it

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Truth be told, its fine to trade in Edgeville. I've been lured before many a time, and i just tell them "Why can't we trade here? We're in the bank right now". Then they either log out or make some pathetic excuse. The thing to remember when trading near the wilderness is, "If its sounds too good to be true, it usually is".

If you're buying natures, expect to go to edgeville. A lot of players use the abyss for natures.

It's just annoying when a person goes, "OMG NO!!!!!" when I say, "I'll switch if you go where I am, in edgeville." I don't want to waste a charge, and it's quite cumbersome.

#-o lol t his is so retarted...i agree that people that get lured into wildy are dumb, but come on some ppl arnt just as smart as we are :-w .

It does kind of have a lil of scamming into it, because the person tells you that he's going to buy the item from you then ends up killing you for it to steal it. I dunno much but this is kind of a legal scam :notalk:

I fell to your blade by lack of skill, yet i feel no shame, i feel inspired

runemstrcape,frankdragoon.gif

My stance is I don't like the edge lures but they are part of the game (in weird kinda way :P) and if your somewhat intelligent you know better then to fall for them. What I don't like is luring at dks it ruins it for everyone. I don't know how many times I've had to tele in the middle or beggining of a run cause some lurer shows up and tries to kill us. I've had to do it twice in 3 runs today alone. Personally I think worse then the edge lures and should be a reportable offense.

~>~Check Out My Bursting Guide~<~

Current goals - 99 Slayer, 99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering

Achieved goals - Quest Cape, 99 Strength, 85 Slayer, 99 Range, 88 Summoning, 90 Slayer, 99 Magic, 99 Farming

Luring may be looked down upon, but it's still part of the game. There are alot of slack things people can do in the game that aren't against the rules, and luring is one of them.

However, if people actually fall for lures, I do question their intelligence level :-k

APE :D

fishsigfincm1.jpg

I met a REALLY bad lurer.... I guess he thought i was a moron or something.. A lil while back i post on Official forums to buy the supplies for 90 crafting and this punk said meet in Varrock bar... a random location i must say....So i hop to his server and hit both bars in varrock.. He's nowhere to be found.. So i ask if he's at the one near wildy.. He was sittin in lvl 1 or 2 wildy with a huge stack of coins behind him and atleast 3 mage friends wandering around skulled.. Evidently he thought i was [developmentally delayed] or something bc he was like come out here and a trade i told him that i am not stupid and i'm not gonna walk into the wildy and get pked by his friends... He grabbed his coin stack and him and the 3 mages i saw logged.. I mean come on who's stupid enough for fall for that?!

People in this game are pathetic... Its really sad what people will do for virtual money

omg you are [developmentally delayed] or something bc :lol: because you should have telegrabed the coin stack #-o

{im just :roll: }

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

Yes it should be againts the rules. Any decent person would agree. Its pretty pathetic how some people still continue to try lure me when buying something like.. rune ore. Maybe they should check the rest of my stats besides my combat? Why are they complete morons thinking I will go anywhere but a bank holding that kind of cash. :?

Heck even if I get asked to to the mage training arena I stand outside (Even tho I have used it) just incase they got some weird lure going on to kill me. Maybe there is.. I donno. No point in risking it. *Calls from outside* lol

You think its fare people try to sell me 5k rune ore everyday at vorrock pub or wtf. -_- Its getting far far more common.

Btw I love trading in edge because its easier to use a glory than getting runes out/wasting runes. Far easier to switch to the next charged glory and recharge them weekly.

You guys!

Saying you deserve to be scammed if your dumb enough to fall for it, is like saying a kid shouldn't be helped out of a well because he was too dumb to fall in.

You guy's theory is flawed. :|

Natural selection.

My stance is I don't like the edge lures but they are part of the game (in weird kinda way :P) and if your somewhat intelligent you know better then to fall for them. What I don't like is luring at dks it ruins it for everyone. I don't know how many times I've had to tele in the middle or beggining of a run cause some lurer shows up and tries to kill us. I've had to do it twice in 3 runs today alone. Personally I think worse then the edge lures and should be a reportable offense.

At least most of them are really bad at it. The ones who try to do it to me usually end up getting hit worse and leaving. I had 3 attempts on me in the same trip before and the first/last one were the same person who came back after failing the first time.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

The only reason I like em is its fun to catch em

Example: lvl 93 comes up and says can u help me finish a pk vid?

Me: Sure, but im nto in the mood to git lured today

*93 leaves*

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I remember a couple days ago when I was buyign full Torag, I got like 3 lurers. I told them "I'm not going, it sounds to much like a lure, please come to bank", one even said "What's a lure?"! I don't get it, is it possible for the dumb to play dumb? :roll:

I met a REALLY bad lurer.... I guess he thought i was a moron or something.. A lil while back i post on Official forums to buy the supplies for 90 crafting and this punk said meet in Varrock bar... a random location i must say....So i hop to his server and hit both bars in varrock.. He's nowhere to be found.. So i ask if he's at the one near wildy.. He was sittin in lvl 1 or 2 wildy with a huge stack of coins behind him and atleast 3 mage friends wandering around skulled.. Evidently he thought i was [developmentally delayed] or something bc he was like come out here and a trade i told him that i am not stupid and i'm not gonna walk into the wildy and get pked by his friends... He grabbed his coin stack and him and the 3 mages i saw logged.. I mean come on who's stupid enough for fall for that?!

People in this game are pathetic... Its really sad what people will do for virtual money

omg you are [developmentally delayed] or something bc :lol: because you should have telegrabed the coin stack #-o

{im just :roll: }

yeah i am mentally challenged... If i had telegrab runes i'm always down for free cash.... But i didn't so thats how that went..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

yeah i have the same problem, whenever i post buying or selling i expect to get lurers its part of the game these days.

same here... but i tell him to meet at bank if he dont then.....

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I can not believe what i am reading! About if your dumb enough to fall for the lure trick then you deserve to lose your stuff! What kind of logic is that!!

HAVE YOU ALL EVER THOUGHT THAT PEOPLE TRUST PEOPLE BE CAUSE THEY THINK THAT PEOPLE ARE NICE LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!

In todays world of runescape people are mean, spiteful and rude. Most newcoming players just dont believe that people can be so mean. That is why they fall for scams! I think that if you fall for a lure it is not your fault at all! It is the lurers Fault and his/hers fault only! NOBODY ELSES!!!

prospektssigza4.jpg

I can not believe what i am reading! About if your dumb enough to fall for the lure trick then you deserve to lose your stuff! What kind of logic is that!!

HAVE YOU ALL EVER THOUGHT THAT PEOPLE TRUST PEOPLE BE CAUSE THEY THINK THAT PEOPLE ARE NICE LIKE THEY SHOULD BE!

In todays world of runescape people are mean, spiteful and rude. Most newcoming players just dont believe that people can be so mean. That is why they fall for scams! I think that if you fall for a lure it is not your fault at all! It is the lurers Fault and his/hers fault only! NOBODY ELSES!!!

And most newcomers would not have rares or thing's worth luring, which are oftentimes the items I see lured. It is the persons ignorance that gets them killed and nothing more. They need to use there heads a little bit more. I'm not saying I agree with luring but nothing can really be done about it.

Have you eve heard of the term ignorance is bliss? well sometimes people are ignorant because they want to be or maybe they are younger. I personally would like to be ignorant and not have all the trash of the world imbeded in my brain #-o

A child is the purest of all...

prospektssigza4.jpg

Have you eve heard of the term ignorance is bliss? well sometimes people are ignorant because they want to be or maybe they are younger. I personally would like to be ignorant and not have all the trash of the world imbeded in my brain #-o

A child is the purest of all...

A child with the logic to save up a sizable sum of money or a rare would probably have the small amount of intelligence needed to understand that taking valuables near the wild is probably a bad idea. You can't ban lures because in the end all they are are pk's. However what you could outlaw is lieing for personal gain, but that would be way to hard to report, especially since a report only shows you 30 seconds of game play which isn't going to prove a lie.

While we may not like luring, we have to live with it and gain the smarts to avoid it. If someone falls for it once they probably won't fall for it again.

Why did you asume that when i mentioned lureing i ment lureing a person with a rare? Some people just like to lure people just to have cruel fun. In ftp if you lure a person with full steel or mith that is alot for that person in ftp. If your low level. I know way back when i was lvl 20 or so full mith was a great acomplishemt for me.

prospektssigza4.jpg

Why did you asume that when i mentioned lureing i ment lureing a person with a rare? Some people just like to lure people just to have cruel fun. In ftp if you lure a person with full steel or mith that is alot for that person in f2p. If your low level. I know way back when i was lvl 20 or so full mith was a great acomplishemt for me.

And most newcomers would not have rares or thing's worth luring, which are oftentimes the items I see lured.
is what he said

I've seen people try to lure a vast assortment of things from GP to rune items.. Its bit out of hand, but i do agree with what Wakka said i mean if you don't have the common sense to know trading in wildy is bad if you lose your stuff sucks to be you buddy.. as harsh as that statement seems its true...

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp