Login Pin + Screenshot Logger Protection -New RSOF Thread-

On game screen keyboard clicking for username and password like bank pin.

It's the best way to stop key-loggers' from getting your username and password.

FTP player.

Goal:

85/90 smithing. 12,000,000/100,000,000 coins.

Total hacked and scammed losses:

1 billion coins +/- (Not in today's currency).

Ummm..........ya id just like to state that i was one of the first people to put a "this idea is stupid label" on this topic, and i guess i'd like to say sorry.

and even though i still am an avid believer that all you need is what we all ready have for security, I'd like to state that I actually see some reasoning in this topic, and would like to change my vote from an i hate to an I support.

P.S. The holiday item store is still the worst idea i've ever heard.

P.P.S. sorry again.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

It's called a password.

And don't say it's to protect from keyloggers, because as people have explained certain keyloggers take pictures.

And dont say "make all the numbers disappear when you put your mouse over the number"

Instead of making a 2nd pin, just update the bank pin.

No support

Oh, and btw there is no reason you should get hacked if you don't download sketchy files.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

It's called a password.

And don't say it's to protect from keyloggers, because as people have explained certain keyloggers take pictures.

And dont say "make all the numbers disappear when you put your mouse over the number"

Instead of making a 2nd pin, just update the bank pin.

No support

Oh, and btw there is no reason you should get hacked if you don't download sketchy files.

First of all, this would protect what you have on you AS WELL AS what is in the bank. When you are in a hurry to log out, nowhere near a bank, with some expensive gear on, this would help prevent the loss of that gear.

For your point about the second PIN, it wouldn't affect you because this is OPTIONAL. If you don't want it, don't use it.

And your last point... Many people SHARE computers. They don't have control over what the others using it do while on it. I am one of these people who have to share.

Sorry, no support. The newer keyloggers are able to watch your keystrokes and even your screen, in those cases, even a bank pin isn't safe.

The best you can do is having up-to-date anti-virus software and not download supicious files.

From what I understand, the only time they will be 'watching your screen' is when you make the click, so making all of the number disappear like the one you are clicking would be a BIG help.

Good idea, but they would have to alter the bank pin entering thingy. the numbers dissapear when you click on them, so a keylogger just takes a screeny, and the person can figure out which number you clicked fairly easily. the solution to this problem is easy:don't highlight the number when you click on it :x . oops, i kinda went on an off-topic mini rant :-w good idea though :P

soldersig.jpg

three words: screen-click keylogger.

how do you think they get you're pin aswell as password?

Sorry, no support. The newer keyloggers are able to watch your keystrokes and even your screen, in those cases, even a bank pin isn't safe.

The best you can do is having up-to-date anti-virus software and not download supicious files.

Aight, first off you need to make it so that when you hover your mouse over one of the numbers, ALL numbers disappear.

Because keyloggers works like this (or they can, work as this):

Everytime you click the mouse, it takes a blackandwhite screenshot of the screen with very low quality.

Because of this, the image becomes very low in size, and can be sent withour much fuzz to the person who sent it to you.

This is why a keylogger can get you're bank pin, it gets the four clicks, the person who sent you the keylogger looks at each one of them, and sees what numbers are gone. And voila, they know your PIN!

Now, if we made it so that all numbers dissapear on clicking, people making keyloggers would have to make a screen record feature, and they'd have to make it enabled all the time since they obvioulsy don't know when you're gonna log in.

That is 24/7 screen recording, even WITH low video quality, it would be a big big mess to send those extremely large video files over the internet.

If you read hot_mountain's post, you will see how making all the numbers disappear will work.

f203f1850c.png

If you read hot_mountain's post, you will see how making all the numbers disappear will work.

No it wont, the numbers have to be up for you to click. The programs would just redesign their structure to take a pictures a few seconds before or even activate video recording when a certain url for instant http://www.runescape.com is activated (viewed).

What are you going to do then? Deliberately swirl around on different numbers to confuse them?

Even with video recording on a high speed connection you wouldn't be able to notice the difference.

The ultimate security is to be internet smart. I do not support. Although i do like the bank pin i don't see this as being any safer.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]