See, this is why 61% of the British Muslims want Sharia law

Faux

They're missing out on the lashing action

Gang-rape victim faces lashes

From correspondents in Riyadh

A SAUDI woman who was kidnapped at knifepoint, gang-raped and then beaten by her brother was sentenced to 90 lashes - for a meeting a man who was not a relative, a newspaper reported.

In an interview with the Saudi Gazette, the 19-year-old said she was blackmailed a year ago into meeting a man who threatened to tell her family they were having a relationship outside wedlock, which is illegal in the ultra-conservative desert kingdom.

After driving off together from a shopping mall near her home, the woman and the man were stopped and abducted by a gang of men wielding kitchen knives who took them to a farm where she was raped 14 times by her captors.

Five men were arrested for the rape and given jail terms ranging from 10 months to five years by a panel of judges in the eastern city of Qatif, near the woman's hometown.

But the judges also decided to sentence the woman, identified by the newspaper only as ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅG,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharia law should be banned for violation of human rights, especially against women.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Sharia law should be banned for violation of human rights, especially against women.

Racism!!!111one!!1sjoift./

And no lol why do you always want to get stuff from John Lewis. Its over ̣̉300 more then than what i paid.

John Lewis is a great, great shop.

Muslim countries are SO lucky their country is chalk-full of oil. If it wasn't, we'd have probably already wiped them, and likely Islam with it, right off the face of the globe.

Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I totally agree!

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I'm told that she actually got off lightly - in some places rape victims get sentenced to death. The same goes for children who are victims of sexual abuse - since the age of consent under sharia law is nine.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

Why doesnt AI get involved in such a blatant violation of human rights?

Or is sharia law untouchable incase they offend people who are religious?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Ding ding! We have a winner!

Offending religious people seems to be a big no-no in the Western world, for whatever convoluted reason.

Ding ding! We have a winner!

Offending religious people seems to be a big no-no in the Western world, for whatever convoluted reason.

Due to that fact, the stronghold religions have on the western world is worrying to me. If someone has a religous view which impinges on someone elses liberal existance, then I believe it should be societies duty to uphold thier freedom and not wimp out and concede to political correctness.

Once again, another horrific event caused by religion.

It's not so much the religion's fault as it is a bunch of idiots' with a ridiculous interpretation of a religious text.

I have nothing against Islam. Just fundamentalists.

It's not so much the religion's fault as it is a bunch of idiots' with a ridiculous interpretation of a religious text.

Actually sharia law is official Islamic Law and is a legal framework for many middle eastern countries and Islamic communities in other countries such as the UK are trying to lobby the government to allow it to be made legal here too. It's not just a bunch of fundamentalists with a flawed interpretation, this IS what Muslims want and is based directly from the koran and hadith.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Actually sharia law is official Islamic Law and is a legal framework for many middle eastern countries and Islamic communities in other countries such as the UK are trying to lobby the government to allow it to be made legal here too. It's not just a bunch of fundamentalists with a flawed interpretation, this IS what Muslims want and is based directly from the koran and hadith.

Exactly. Its not what the people think it says, it is what it DOES say. I must admit it is partly the idiots fault's, but you have to admit, religion always causes problems. Not just the people.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

Exactly. Its not what the people think it says, it is what it DOES say. I must admit it is partly the idiots fault's, but you have to admit, religion always causes problems. Not just the people.

That's pure unadulterated BS. Religions cause nothing. People cause everything.

Religion is like a gun. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Um.. anyone missing the part where she went AGAINST the damn law? So she brought it upon herself. I do feel sorry for her, but I'm in no position to question the law as I haven't lived in any Islamic country; nor are you.

Proud founder of the Myriad

Ha, and you have the gall to say what they wrote was crap.

When'd I say what they wrote was crap?

That's pure unadulterated BS.

What else did that stand for, Ball swallowing?

And you jump to conclusions, that was in regards to evilperson. Bravo! =D> =D>

Um.. anyone missing the part where she went AGAINST the damn law? So she brought it upon herself. I do feel sorry for her, but I'm in no position to question the law as I haven't lived in any Islamic country; nor are you.

Thats stupid.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Thats stupid.

It's the LAW.

And she isn't being punished for being a woman. She's being punished for doing something that isn't allowed.

You wouldn't know how it is because you haven't live there. If you've also noticed she isn't the only one being punished.