New Bow Proposal

Eonrogue

I have been thinking, (not a good sign), and I realized that there are three Runescape trees that aren't used for very many things. Teak, Mahogany, and Arctic Pine. Now I did some internet research and found a type of bow called the "recurve". A recurve is essentially a longbow with the tips of the limbs curving away from the archer, allowing a greater amount of accuracy then longbows, shortbows, or composite bows. This bow was used during the Middle Ages which is the time period set for Runescape. My proposal is to use these three trees to make recurve bows. If anyone has realized it, the bow choices for higher levels isn't very big, and I think that with the addition of recurves, rangers can have more options and become more flexible. So, I'm thinking:

Teak Recurve- 50 Range

Mahogany Recurve- 60 Range

Arctic Recurve- 70 Range

Tell me what you think!!!!!

Tip.it's official Ninja

i think this is a fairly solid idea.the bows may give a LITTLE bit of defence bonus (due to extra hardness(get yer head outta the gutter! :P )), as well as increasing (as if they got 3, 4, & 5 more levels in range than they do, respectively) the max damage of the arrow they have.and though they may be harder to bend than other bows, that dont make it impossible.the only 2 problems are what are the stats of the bows, and will it throw the triangle even more out of whack than it is now?(imo mages are signifigantly weaker than the other classes, eslecially on f2p (im a meleer btw, so updates for them can turn bad on me in wild, i just want a challenge).

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Nice idea, but be honest with me - have you been watching the History Channel tonight? They had an episode or two about the middle/dark ages - one of which prominently featured the recurve bow.

Not to take away from your suggestion if you were - I was just wondering.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

yes make a bow with a ranged lvl of 96!!!

yeah pretty good additions to ranging equipment....

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

arctic pine is from teh freem isle quest

no i did not watch the history channel

i think they should be able to break when making but not once made

and its just that the trees are used fro something and we've got enough longs and shorts

Tip.it's official Ninja

how about..... we just mkae a quest were you get a boomerang or we get a slingshot and pellets

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"