Let's discuss the validity of pures

JudasAddiction

Well, in the wildy, you bring food, so if you get hit, you just eat, while you kill the other person with your killer offensive stats.

wanna know why?

pure lvl 70 for example 60 attk 90 strength and 70+ hp 1 def

def noob lvl 70: 60attk 60 strength at most? and like 50-60 def.. ooh a pure would like murder that.. you think 1 def you can own like a few hits? roflmfao your hella funny.. pures have high mage.. high range.. you gona come in with armor all pures do is ice barrage we own you... then take out range.. you take off armor we dds you and you just dieee

for example my pure: 1_S_e_c_k0

84 strength

50 attk

1 def

31 pray

lvl 62 combat

owns mostly everything my lvl.. i always have and always will... 33s with maul pot and pray.. you guys have nothing on that...

for one thing, you seem to be a little "self-centered" in your opinion, but ill respect it. #2, "def n00b" is getting old, just because someone has defense does not make them stupid. Now getting on with my point, you may be 62 combat... but what happens when you get higher? lets say you get 60 att, 99 str, 70 range, 52 pray, 82 mage. With 80 hp, that would put you at around 78 combat. Now what happens when someone level 78 comes along with 60 attack, 90 strength, 40 defense, 80hp, 1 prayer, 70 range, 82 mage. For the most part, you'll be mostly evenly matched, but if he has full black d hide on, you won't hit him that often with melee or magic. You might own now, but if you get any higher, you'll end up getting killed a lot. I've killed 4 pures at level 86 before, im only 71 attackm, 76 strength, 72 hp.

Tip It's Stats:

Tip_It.png

Slayer for Airuts, Mining for Rune, and Prayer for all 70+ skills

Tip_It.png

Tip_It.png

Tip_It.png

newsig.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like pures, have owned a few, and my current one is great fun, I love fighting other pures, seeing myself hit high while having to watch myself because they also hit high, pulling out a DDS and watching them eat like crazy, its all fun.

I don't pk for money, I just pk because on a pure, it seems fun \'

Well, in the wildy, you bring food, so if you get hit, you just eat, while you kill the other person with your killer offensive stats.

wanna know why?

def noob lvl 70: 60attk 60 strength at most? and like 50-60 def.. ooh a pure would like murder that.. you think 1 def you can own like a few hits? roflmfao your hella funny.. pures have high mage.. high range.. you gona come in with armor all pures do is ice barrage we own you... then take out range.. you take off armor we dds you and you just dieee

84 strength

50 attk

1 def

31 pray

lvl 62 combat

owns mostly everything my lvl.. i always have and always will... 33s with maul pot and pray.. you guys have nothing on that...

You, really annoy me because you talk it up likeyou'll never die, yet ALL pures die, and at your level you'llbe fighting other pures your level like me, and yeah, Mauler pures aren't that great at your lv, once your out of specs boom, Rune scimmy ftl, while your getting smacked around with a D scimy and DDS, your not so tough.

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~

I've leveled a few pures, and I can identify with the bloke who said:

but if i found some one with def who wasnt afraid to risk good gear, id get beaten to a pulp

Now, this mainly applies to melee pures. As mage's are generally better of farcasting.

I would contend that THE reason pures 'own' is gear based.

At low levels, a guy decked out in his full Mith / Addy set can put up a decent fight against a pure str character. Often beat it. However, how many low levels are willing to risk their shiny new armour on the wilderness?

Most venture out in iron / steel. Or even one item.

The main benefit of the defence skill, is not the skill itself - but the armour it allows one to wear.

Clearly, someone with 1 defence, 40 attack and 60 strength who wears iron armour, will be at an insane advantage compared to someone who has 30 defence, 30 attack and 30 strength yet still wears iron armor.

The same applies to higher levels - If your main bonus in training defence is the Barrow's and Dragon armour sets, yet you fight in full rune Vs 45 defence pures who have maximized their damage whilst still pulling out similar defence stat's, then you will be at a disadvantage.

The divide between impures and pures swings further towards the impures the higher level you play at. The only real reason for this that I can see is that generally speaking the higher level you are, the richer you will be, and therefore feel more comfortable with wearing the expensive armour sets that play to your strength's Vs Pures.

Another factor is the element of skill, that a pure character develops. Most pures spend a LOT of time in PvP. They learn when to pot, when to eat, when to safe and when to go for a KO. Generally impure skillers, who like to pass an hour here and there daytripping in the wilderness fail to develop these 'Skills'. Not to say that there arent skilled impures and unskilled pures, its just a factor to consider.

My two pence.

- Gid.

[/wave to all the oldies ^.^]

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

I personally like pures, have owned a few, and my current one is great fun, I love fighting other pures, seeing myself hit high while having to watch myself because they also hit high, pulling out a DDS and watching them eat like crazy, its all fun.

I don't pk for money, I just pk because on a pure, it seems fun \'

wanna know why?

84 strength

50 attk

1 def

31 pray

lvl 62 combat

You, really annoy me because you talk it up likeyou'll never die, yet ALL pures die, and at your level you'llbe fighting other pures your level like me, and yeah, Mauler pures aren't that great at your lv, once your out of specs boom, Rune scimmy ftl, while your getting smacked around with a D scimy and DDS, your not so tough.

naa.. i barely die.. like 1 time every few days.. sometimes to pjers or sometimes dds just overwhelm me clicking food. other than that.. maul blam blam blam 34 34 34 if i ever get lucky enough to. most its like 30 25 and another 20 or something.

and rune scimmi doesn't hit that bad.. 26s aren't bad.. maybe 27.. only seen 26 soo far.

but if i found some one with def who wasnt afraid to risk good gear, id get beaten to a pulp

Now, this mainly applies to melee pures. As mage's are generally better of farcasting.

At low levels, a guy decked out in his full Mith / Addy set can put up a decent fight against a pure str character. Often beat it. However, how many low levels are willing to risk their shiny new armour on the wilderness?

The main benefit of the defence skill, is not the skill itself - but the armour it allows one to wear.

Clearly, someone with 1 defence, 40 attack and 60 strength who wears iron armour, will be at an insane advantage compared to someone who has 30 defence, 30 attack and 30 strength yet still wears iron armor.

The same applies to higher levels - If your main bonus in training defence is the Barrow's and Dragon armour sets, yet you fight in full rune Vs 45 defence pures who have maximized their damage whilst still pulling out similar defence stat's, then you will be at a disadvantage.

The divide between impures and pures swings further towards the impures the higher level you play at. The only real reason for this that I can see is that generally speaking the higher level you are, the richer you will be, and therefore feel more comfortable with wearing the expensive armour sets that play to your strength's Vs Pures.

Another factor is the element of skill, that a pure character develops. Most pures spend a LOT of time in PvP. They learn when to pot, when to eat, when to safe and when to go for a KO. Generally impure skillers, who like to pass an hour here and there daytripping in the wilderness fail to develop these 'Skills'. Not to say that there arent skilled impures and unskilled pures, its just a factor to consider.

My two pence.

- Gid.

nooo noo.. most pures that fight like barrows and stuff already is like 90+ attk and 99 str.. and commonly equipped with barrages.. soo i wouldn't think pures would lose... we would commonly kill barrows people.

Really believe that?

Ok.

Head to the duel arena. Take with you all your RS savings.

Look for an impure staker who knows what he's doing.

Willing to bet those savings?

Now, i know Staking =/= PKing. However, we're simply talking 1v1 builds here. Assuming both players know what they are doing, the staker build > low def and high att + str.

Mage / Range pures? At high levels, players can max range and mage whilst also training def to a suitable level. High range + def > High range - def.

Simple.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

My two pence.

- Gid.

nooo noo.. most pures that fight like barrows and stuff already is like 90+ attk and 99 str.. and commonly equipped with barrages.. soo i wouldn't think pures would lose... we would commonly kill barrows people.

Right, i mean couse with your 99 str at 90 combat your max damage is 39 or so with whip, however a lvl 90 with say 85 str in dharoks can hit up to about 60 on your low crappy def, doesnt take many of those to ko.

And far casters blow, a high lvl impure ussually has enough range that they can switch to black hides and range you till you move in close then ko with dharok.

My two pence.

- Gid.

Right, i mean couse with your 99 str at 90 combat your max damage is 39 or so with whip, however a lvl 90 with say 85 str in dharoks can hit up to about 60 on your low crappy def, doesnt take many of those to ko.

And far casters blow, a high lvl impure ussually has enough range that they can switch to black hides and range you till you move in close then ko with dharok.

rofl you make it like dharok k0s and hit like 60 everytime.. you need like really low hp.. by the time your low hp i'll be pulling out my dds and smaking you wit like 35 specs.. and trust mee.. 1 spec would take you out lol.... make it like some idiot is gona eat the whole fight wit full dharoks and hit 60s on me with full hp. then whats the point of pking in full dharoks lol.

Really believe that?

Ok.

Head to the duel arena. Take with you all your RS savings.

Look for an impure staker who knows what he's doing.

Willing to bet those savings?

Now, i know Staking =/= PKing. However, we're simply talking 1v1 builds here. Assuming both players know what they are doing, the staker build > low def and high att + str.

Mage / Range pures? At high levels, players can max range and mage whilst also training def to a suitable level. High range + def > High range - def.

Simple.

pures die quick without food because of the high amnounts of damage they may take due to low defence. Mage/range own em at duel arena.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Dm me right now newb, back up your mouth, we will see who gets koed.

Heh, 123, he won't.

pures die quick without food because of the high amnounts of damage they may take due to low defence. Mage/range own em at duel arena.

Yup, but the damage is more angled towards damage per sec. Not the insane burst damage they themselves can pull off.

Don't get me wrong here, I love pures. I've currently gone back to playing my old rune pure I never finished. However, I do accept that pures arent the best stat build around anymore.

Rock_Hard.png

Hehe, thanks mate. Feels good to be back. :P

Nuclear's under someone else's control now though. >_<

I'll work my way back up with this level 60 newb. xD

Rock_Hard.png

My two pence.

- Gid.

rofl you make it like dharok k0s and hit like 60 everytime.. you need like really low hp.. by the time your low hp i'll be pulling out my dds and smaking you wit like 35 specs.. and trust mee.. 1 spec would take you out lol.... make it like some idiot is gona eat the whole fight wit full dharoks and hit 60s on me with full hp. then whats the point of pking in full dharoks lol.

and you make it sound like you'll always hit your max with a ddp++

if he gets down to low hp in dharoks, low defence would make it a much greater chance of hitting high enough to kill you, and if you've already used your specials, what would you use for the kill?

70+ defence with good armor could beat out your dd, and basically how you'd win on a pure is hope that you get lucky.

Well, this is my first debate post, so I don't know if what I say will be meaningful. I started 3 months ago, after reading up a bit on the game and being introduced by a friend. I am f2p and fairly new, so my perspective definitely differs from most of those who have already posted. I chose to have a pure main, mainly because it left me the option to train defense and prayer at a later time. I am still in the training process, but my atk is 40, strength 56, hp 52, mage 54, and range 51. It's not great, but for the casual player, it does leave one open to options. As a pure main, I generally have the cash to risk the armor/weapons and suck in low level wildy, but I do not. Why? Because it is extremely rare for a person not to run/telly. At the higher levels of wilderness, lower level/mid levels rarely travel there alone, from my experience, making it not a wonderful experience to try to pk, as generally someone 20 combat levels + above mine will be the first person i see in lv 30+ wildy. Therefore, my conclusion is this. At low to medium levels, being pure doesn not really give any practical pking benefits given the general f2p wilderness environment. However, like I said earlier, you can start as a pure, and then get def, but you can't do it the other way. My 2 cents.

i think its so u r al lower lvl but u hit higher than u should at that lvl

eg:lvl 70 with 40 att 60 str and 1 def will hit higher than someone whos got a balanced character

also i made up those lvls i dont think 40 att 60 str and 1 def will make a lvl 70

• 2 weeks later...
i think its so u r al lower lvl but u hit higher than u should at that lvl

eg:lvl 70 with 40 att 60 str and 1 def will hit higher than someone whos got a balanced character

also i made up those lvls i dont think 40 att 60 str and 1 def will make a lvl 70

that's the reasoning behind it, but is it truly worth it to sacrifice defence for that?

*in a way i'm a form of a pure, i sacrificed combat for skills, although not as much as some*

• 3 months later...

This is kind of unrelated-most of you guys are talking about melee, but i think i have a point. Magic, in f2p, is much better tahn the the others at a lower level. So a mage pure is much better than a balanced char. However, i fopund taht at high levels, melee is teh best. I have no stats, just personal experience, but thats wat i found. This is f2p only though.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

to continue this thread--

i've only seen one pure in two years that wasn't an arrogant idiot. if you can point me to another, then you get something

that and most pures nowadays have all similar names... it's quite disturbing

What does being an arrogant idiot have to do with being a pure?

Being a pure doesn't mean you're automatically a moron. It's just something players do to compete.

Sure, alot of pures might be arrogant, but they're not that way because they're a pure. It's simply their nature. Therefore, discussing a pure's behavior is completely irrelevant if you're discussing the validity of pures. <.<

Jagex put in the lower levels of the wilderness for a reason. If players want to PK there, but have to be a pure to do it effectively, there's nothing stopping them.

Having said that, I really think Jagex should fix the combat system whenever they can. That way pures can just train defence and they'll be less flaming. :P

I believe that a part of all the resentment of pures is the inability to realize that some people are different than you. Sort of like "I'm doing things this way, and unless you do things the exact same way i'm going to flame you until you do".

I mean come on it's pretty selfish to flame pures for doing things that don't even affect you. :?

People keep saying the combat system is unbalanced but they are wrong, look at it this way.

a 60 99 1 at lvl 80 or so might kill a 75 75 75 pretty easy with dds specs, but is that unbalanced?, lets look at the exp it takes to build these chars..

75 75 75 - about 4 million xp.

60 99 1 - about 13.4 million xp.

Notice the difference?, if you train 3 times as hard to reach the same combat lvl you deserve an advantage.