UEFA Champions League/Cup - Euro 2008 - Leagues & Cups

Risen_The

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He, have fun Bubs! That the best may win. Go Milan.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Harry Kewell shoul die.

Xabi Alonso didn't really do much.

And the ref blew a bit early.

But well done Milan, although it's a shame they had to ruin it by rolling around like fairys to waste time.

iteme3721.jpg

ref blue 20 sec before minimum added time, and he should of added more because of subs and dam the fluke goal :( I'm feeling more upset now than when my nan died.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Wabaahahahahahahahah Liverpool lost.

This is brilliant, they play the most boring football and dont deserve to be on television. If you want high quality watchable football, Liverpool is not the team to watch.

~Jimmie

boring football? last years final wasnt boring :P

Still that random goal at then end had me thinking "omg, theres no way they could come back could they?"

but they didnt :(

Every clan has their own requirements. Take DI for instance. Be a little kid with bad grammar that likes to flame and play runescape all day and you would be accepted.

^ sad but true :(

Proud member of DarkSlayers

In the words of Jose Mouhrinho, the better team lost. I'm absolutely gutted.

Inzaghe's second goal was pretty special though.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Milan took their chances and that was the difference between the teams. In that respect, they deserve it and credit to Milan.

For all our endevour we never looked like finding the finished product. 2007 gets from bad to worse for this poor old scouser Tommy.

Milan took their chances and that was the difference between the teams. In that respect, they deserve it and credit to Milan.

For all our endevour we never looked like finding the finished product. 2007 gets from bad to worse for this poor old scouser Tommy.

Oh well, Barclays Asia Cup here we come. :-k

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Neither teams were really good. Milan was especially quite dissapointing. They never really found eachother in the passing. Liverpool wasn't really inspirational either. Inzaghi's second goal was good. Deserved win for Milan, I guess.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

[Forbidden] Liverpool lost.

This is brilliant, they play the most boring football and dont deserve to be on television. If you want high quality watchable football, Liverpool is not the team to watch.

~Jimmie

...As opposed to Rangers in the Scottish league? Don't make me laugh.

I still had an awesome night though. The atmosphere in Liverpool was like no other. At the end of the game people were going to those on their knees and raising their spirits. Everywhere I went people were still singing YNWA. That's the Liverpool way, truly love for the club.

The football keeps on coming though! This bank holiday weekend sees the football league play-offs in England, which are always cracking games. Be sure to watch them if you're near a TV.

Personally I'll be rooting for Blackpool and Derby, but I'm going to enjoy it for sure.

The football keeps on coming though! This bank holiday weekend sees the football league play-offs in England, which are always cracking games. Be sure to watch them if you're near a TV.

Personally I'll be rooting for Blackpool and Derby, but I'm going to enjoy it for sure.

Scottish Cup final on Saturday.

Celtic - Dunfermline

The Pars will be up for this one so it might not be a walk over you might expect.

sig2ho7.jpg

Scottish Cup final on Saturday.

Celtic - Dunfermline

The Pars will be up for this one so it might not be a walk over you might expect.

It's going to be the biggest game the pars will have in a long time, division one football next season. Still can't see them winning it personally, Celtic have been able to grind out so many undeserved victoroes this season when the chips have been down. You never know though.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Ha. Gareth Bale is almost as overrated as Theo Walcott.

How do they get ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10mil for that and we go and flog class acts like Lennon and Simon Walton for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1mil and ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500k and getting our youth stolen for next to nothing by the 'shysters from Siberia' as Ken Bates put it.

iteme3721.jpg

How do they get ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10mil for that and we go and flog class acts like Lennon and Simon Walton for ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1mil and ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã500k and getting our youth stolen for next to nothing by the 'shysters from Siberia' as Ken Bates put it.

also what confuses me is that Spurs had a Bid accepted in January (also ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10,000,000), Bale didnt go as we could still make the premiership at that time. During that time period he wasnt as good as that start of the season and he only had one year left on his contract. I would have expected somthing in the region of ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã4,000,000 but ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10,000,000 is insane!

also what confuses me is that Spurs had a Bid accepted in January (also ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10,000,000), Bale didnt go as we could still make the premiership at that time. During that time period he wasnt as good as that start of the season and he only had one year left on his contract. I would have expected somthing in the region of ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã4,000,000 but ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10,000,000 is insane!

Well, it won't be 10 up front, that's for sure. What it is more likely is a deal like this:

2.5m up front

2.5 over 18 months

2 after 30 internationals (almost a given)

1 for Uefa cup qualification

2 for Champions League qualification (dream on)

Something like that, I'd imagine. Probably with a 15% sell-on clause too.