[Spoilers Inside][Large Images] Bungie Annoucnment.

limpbizkit

BUNGIE's announcement on Sep 25, 2008:

Teaser trailer posted. Go to Bungie.net main page.

"Prepare To Drop"

UPDATE: According to Xbox Live the mystery is a new campaign experience. The trailer download page on Live includes the text, "High action and deep mystery await players in this new Halo 3 campaign experience. Prepare to Drop!" This is getting interesting!

-------------

Kotaku.com writes:

custom_1222351972950_keepclean.JPG

------

xbox360fanboy.com writes:

picture-3.jpg

picture-4.jpg

picture-10.jpg

picture-11.jpg

picture-12.jpg.

picture-13.jpg

picture-14.jpg

picture-15.jpg

picture-16.jpg

picture-17.jpg

picture-20.jpg

picture-18.jpg

picture-6.jpg

picture-7.jpg

picture-8.jpg

picture-9.jpg

-----

another lead in the story

Link

I honestly wasn't excited for some more halo..but more campaign sounds nice if it is done right.

Also, release date posted on Joystiq, 01/06/09

bungie-date-reveal-490.jpg

To anyone like on the last thread of mine .. If you think there's a problem pm me / Use report button.

Discuss.

Am I the only one that HATES hype? Like, being really excited for something that won't come for a long time?

How can you play a game from Bungie without some sort of hype. It is impossible!

Bungie is made for their hype. Thats why millions of people favourite gaming company is Bungie.

The H3 story bored me.

Who said it was about Halo 3? That is New Mombassa, which got destroyed in Halo 2. People on B.net believe that it is a prequel to Halo 3 or even before that, like Halo 1 Prequel.

Cool. This screams being ODST. Looks like what happened in early Halo 2 (the ship jump in-city).

Yes, I've read the books. They were pretty good. Have to say I'm a halo nerd, just because I love space and stuff, and with the novels, it's quite a neat space junk.

But I'm not surprised that there's a large chance of them continuing the series. Too good not to milk it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I'd actually say that they're milking Halo the way a cash cow should be milked. Instead of re-doing the games that already exist, they're putting out new things which expand the Halo universe, if what I'm getting from the trailer is correct. Yes, this definitely looks like ODST-involved stuff. Maybe a squad/crew based Halo? Sort of like a futuristic CoD.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

That doesn't actually seem too much like slip-space to me. Looks like just the pods penetrating the atmosphere, or being fired upon. If you look even closer, the flashes of light appear on pods that are already visible.

Also, it seems like the city was trashed/looted. See the burning car, lack of people, and overall gloom.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

it is an EMP blast, but this happened when the Aegis Fate followed the Prophet of Regret's ship through the slip space portal. If you look closely you should see the prophet's ship going towards the area of where the EMP blast comes from.

And, I also have the discussion forum with me on B.Net.

I'd actually say that they're milking Halo the way a cash cow should be milked. Instead of re-doing the games that already exist, they're putting out new things which expand the Halo universe, if what I'm getting from the trailer is correct. Yes, this definitely looks like ODST-involved stuff. Maybe a squad/crew based Halo? Sort of like a futuristic CoD.

That would be a good idea, but it'll probably be a first-person-shooter.

Then again, didn't they give permission for Halo Wars to be made? Hm, maybe they would make a squad based Halo... With the movie possibly coming out soon, a lot more attention'll probably be on Marines and junk.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

That would be a good idea, but it'll probably be a first-person-shooter.

Then again, didn't they give permission for Halo Wars to be made? Hm, maybe they would make a squad based Halo... With the movie possibly coming out soon, a lot more attention'll probably be on Marines and junk.

The MOVIE COMING OUT SOON? We Wish.

And no, Bungie didn't give permission for Halo Wars to be made. Bungie doesn't own the Copyright for the Halo series. They only own the Halo Bible which everyone must follow by rules of Microsoft.

Microsoft can give the Copyright to anyone under Microsoft Game Studios, and then some. Bungie though dosen't really care unless its not like their evil twin company Eignub.

Man, Bungie will do anything to keep Halo 3 in the limelight eh? :P

Trailer looks pretty good, may get it when it comes out (Any date?) I always thought the Halo story was really well done even if it was a bit predictable.

keen.png

Trailer looks pretty good, may get it when it comes out (Any date?) I always thought the Halo story was really well done even if it was a bit predictable.

Bungie has been working on it for what we believe a couple of months. And knowing Bungie and the time they put into the game, it will be another 1-2 years, especially with the graphics you see in the video.

Bungie has been working on it for what we believe a couple of months. And knowing Bungie and the time they put into the game, it will be another 1-2 years, especially with the graphics you see in the video.

And its the big thing .. The longer they keep doing it the longer they have rights to the game which is obviously what they care about.

And its the big thing .. The longer they keep doing it the longer they have rights to the game which is obviously what they care about.

Bungie will ALWAYS have rights to the game. They own a small portion of the copyright for Halo, but they don't really care who Microsoft lets use Halo. Bungie was the Developer of the original Halo, and the start of the franchise, and the person who (so far) made the most money with the Halo name.

• 2 weeks later...

People crap on bungie for halo and i think that is completely wrong.The halo series is in no way a bad game, its one of the only examples of a FPS on consoles that is built from the ground up as a console game, which sounds like a [developmentally delayed]ed notion but most first person shooters on consoles are developed on pc and ported to console with movement speeds and enemy density lowered.Halo is created hwo it was designed and it has become a phenomenon in the single player area and multiplayer area.

Unfortunatly this extracontent will be monetized, if microsoft took anything away from valve with steam its that you dont charge for extra content after a person has bought a game, its an incentive to not pirate the game, it increases longevity and its a sign of good will to youre consumerbase that the game you may have bought will see even more content in future.

tifsdac6mc.gif

People crap on bungie for halo and i think that is completely wrong.The halo series is in no way a bad game, its one of the only examples of a FPS on consoles that is built from the ground up as a console game, which sounds like a [developmentally delayed] notion but most first person shooters on consoles are developed on pc and ported to console with movement speeds and enemy density lowered.Halo is created hwo it was designed and it has become a phenomenon in the single player area and multiplayer area.

Unfortunatly this extracontent will be monetized, if microsoft took anything away from valve with steam its that you dont charge for extra content after a person has bought a game, its an incentive to not pirate the game, it increases longevity and its a sign of good will to youre consumerbase that the game you may have bought will see even more content in future.

I crap on them because they wanted out .. And there still petting there game ..

People crap on bungie for halo and i think that is completely wrong.The halo series is in no way a bad game, its one of the only examples of a FPS on consoles that is built from the ground up as a console game, which sounds like a [developmentally delayed] notion but most first person shooters on consoles are developed on pc and ported to console with movement speeds and enemy density lowered.Halo is created hwo it was designed and it has become a phenomenon in the single player area and multiplayer area.

Unfortunately, Halo: Combat Evolved was created for Mac, but then Microsoft bought Bungie, they chaged it to work with Xbox.

Why does it say >Halo 3?

Call me controversial, but halo is one of the most crap, untuitive boring FPS's I've ever played.

Half of it is all solemn and even "horror-like" while the other half is a vague attempt to be funny with small elf thingies running around going on about how you killed thier best friend.

All the weapons are the same, and the cars handle like melted gravy.

And thier idea of a new weapon for a sequel, is the same weapon, but in another hand. Great.

But hey, whatever turns people on I guess.

And i just noticed, but, Krisc6 said

People crap on bungie for halo

Yes, yes I do. :D

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)