Th3 Crusader's guide to power mining Granite! Updated 2-5

Th3_Crusader

rh0a51.jpg

Hello and Welcome!

I'm here to help you on your mining levels.as you can tell

Firstly to use my method, you need to have.

Requirements

*60+ mining level,

*Lunar Diplomacy,

*Patience.

*Lunar book ON

*68+ Magic

Inventory

If you have done "Dealing With Scarbs" quest, bring the enchanted water tiara, instead of bringing waterskins.

35aoc1z.jpg

And here is what you should wear. (Doesnt have to be what I wear, just similiar)

dcc5eu.jpg

*Enchanted Water tiara, so you don't need waterskins. (Dealing with Scarabs)

*You do NOT need arrows appearently.

*Desert robes & boots highly recommended.

*You could have ROL or no ring at all.

*Cape/hood you do not need.

*rune pickaxe HIGHLY recommended.

*shield doesn't matter

*A glory or ROD to teleport back to al kharid when needed.

*You could also wield a staff of fire/water if you'd like, Im sticking with pic in my hands though. :) (thanks Tryto)

*If you have a steam staff, that is also optional if you want to bring it.

*Ava's Accomulator is also an option (Eradicate It)

*Varrock Armor's if you have it, it has a chance to get 2 ores in 1 rock!

*Slave Robes are better than desert robes while in the desert, although you need to do "The Tourist trap" if you haven't already. -Cha0sx

For this method, you should have in your inventory; 100-300 Astral and fire runes, and what ever ammount of astral runes, times it by 3 to get how many water runes are needed.

You will be using Humidity lunar spell, which fills certain vessels with water. Takes 68 magic, 1 astral, 3 waters, and 1 fire rune.

3005j7s.jpg

Now for the mining part

You will be mining granite at the granite Quarry where you start Enarkha's Lanment. Heres a map of the Mining area. BUT beware! I'm always in w99! and this is where you'll usually find me here and this spot.

2ylo4gh.jpg

Now, when your there, go between the rocks (where I'm standing in my banner.)

Your 2 options

1)Mine away! When you in an inventory filled with granite, drop it all, then mine again! keep repeating it and you'll gain experience like crazy!

2)Mine 2 of the granite rocks, and before the rocks respawn again, drop the 2 granite blocks. That way you wont have to waste time dropping it.

Thanks to Wakka102, and Pokexpert.

When all 8 of your waterskins hit 0, Use Humidity and it'll fill all them up!

So you'll never have to leave until you run out of runes, or just bored!

Mining granite is the fastest method in the game so far. If your levelmaybe 50-59 you might want to try powermining iron in the mining quarry between the legends guild and ardy.

So that's all you need to know about powermining granite!

If I left anything out, or you have a question regarding this guide, just post a comment on this or my blog and I'll get back to you ASAP!(Just got 68 mining while typing this btw)

MINING EXPERIENCE PER HOUR:45k-50k

I hope you like this method, And i hope you use it!

Thank you to Wakka102 for coming up with the Humidity spell idea! Thanks!!!

~~Th3 Crusader

Thanks for help from:

*Wakka102

*Eradicate It

*Pokexpert

*Tryto

*Cha0sx

If curious on quest that give mining experience here's a list.

1) Another Slice of H.A.M.: 3,000 XP

2) Between a Rock...: 5,000 XP

3) Digsite Quest: 15,000 XP

4) Doric's Quest: 1,300 XP

5) Enakhra's Lament: 7,000 XP

6) The Giant Dwarf: 2,500 XP

7) Heroes Quest : 2,575 XP

8) The Lost Tribe: 3,000 XP

9) Plague City: 2,425 XP

258uo8n.jpg

Shouldnt u wield a staff to save runes, and keep your pik in your inventory?But still, informative. You might want tro include xp per hour at x lvl.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Very nice guide. Well written and explanitive-ish/able.

Possibly an estimate on how long you could stay there with that amount of runes?

9.9/10 if it is a rate.

Will do, and thanks.

Shouldnt u wield a staff to save runes, and keep your pik in your inventory?But still, informative. You might want tro include xp per hour at x lvl.

Thanks, ill add that.

If you do that method then it will take longer than if you mine, drop existing ore/granite then mine again quickly. Using this way you get and drop a ore before the rock respawns thus making this more effective.

yes you could ^.^ I'll add that to an option on that. thank you

hawt

i know. \'

258uo8n.jpg

thnx for updating the exp per hour :) seems very reasonable, last time i went mining it was back on rsc and it was powermining iron which was 30k an hour lol

200TH TO 99 COOKING, JULY '05

ryles_reck.png

thnx for updating the exp per hour :) seems very reasonable, last time i went mining it was back on rsc and it was powermining iron which was 30k an hour lol

heh your welcome ^.^. and yea, mining in rsc was pretty awesome, you could camp there forever and the ores just dropped themselves. It was pretty sweet :)

258uo8n.jpg

Nice guide but I prefer banking every ore :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Just one more thing I would want to see in this guide:

You should leave your first column clear of items (at least 3 or 4 spaces free) to assist quicker dropping, after dropping 1st ore, mouse would be over 2nd ore.

Alternatively you can place items such that all ores appear in most bottom row of inventory, click on the most bottom of the item and your mouse will appear on drop option

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

for the people done Varrock diary - they can bring the armour (at least second lvl is needed for granite). you drink more frequently (no desert robe top), but you get 2 ores on occasion - and experience is given for the extra ore.

the guide sais - granite is the best exp/h, but i am not 100% sure.

tested both granite and iron powermining and both methods were pretty close. (I could not do an exact measurement due to several distractions)

do you have exp/h for iron?

one plus of granite powermining is - less clicking, because it is a bit slower than iron and in the end less stressfull on the fingers :)

Nice guide. Wish I had powermined granite on my way to 85 mining (which I got in February 2007). Due to my free to player status mining iron at Rimmington was really, really slow exp. If I had mined granite I would be 94 by now! =O

Btw, For the spell Humidify you need Dream Mentor Quest as well. =D

~Fish~

sigcg1.jpg

Proud Poster of I Had A Deal's Blog since Page 5!

Proud User of #tip-it and #Justchat IRC! =D