Tip.it Forums

Farewell

This is an anonymous letter, sent through a proxy under a fake account. I'm posting on behalf of my main, the name of which some of you will guess and many of you would recognize. I've participated in many threads over the years, and been an avid TIF reader since 2005. I've posted thousands of responses in Help and Advice, participated in many enjoyable arguments in the Rants forum, and enjoy reading Off Topic's opinion on serious issues affecting humanity. However, I've decided to leave, probably for good. From now on, I'm just answering PMs from good friends. Love the forum, tired of the mods. There were a few people in rants that I didn't always get along with, but overall it was a very good community - it was the overeager moderators who set me off. Posts removed without explanation, signature bans inexplicably given and retracted, conflicting advice from moderators, PMs that took weeks for a response, inconstancy with rules, many old friends being banned, threads locked with no explination etc. etc. I'm quite aware that this thread will quickly and ironically be locked, probably with the generic "Please post this in the Leaving sticky" copied and pasted from all the other posts.

Sorry TIF, but you've lost another old and experienced member. I'm not sure if I'll head for RSC or simply continue playing RS, but if you'd like to add me or have a chat, drop me a PM on TIF if your smart enough to figure out who this is. I'm aware that this will be promptly locked, so I'm also posting it in the Leaving TIF thread for greater visibility. Note that I will NOT respond to PMs to this account, so send it to my "main".

Goodbye forever, TIF. It was a good few years.

Good bye but whats the point of making a new account just to post this?

Trying to minimize damage to my account should I ever return, but it's not really a great mystery to the mods.

I'm sure if you reported the inconsistant moderators to the admins they'd be sorted. Did it really have to come to this?

It's not so much the mods as the fights. Having to fight over every single unfair post removal was taking away posting time and was a huge hassle I really didn't want to deal with. Some moderators did a good job, but many were simply adhering strictly to protocol and were very difficult to reason with.

Another totally ripped, awesome, tifer might also be leaving.

Goodbyd, pureprayer. Of course, it couldn't possibly be you... the mods forbade coming back if you were banned. I'm assuimg it's your evil twin. And sadly, I'm not that ripped. Reasonbly strong, but not as buff as I'd like to be :(

NOOOOOOOO DONT GO OLLYC3 :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Far as I know, olly isn't going anywhere :?

NOOOOOOOO DONT GO BUBSA!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

1288581197250-1.jpg

Hilarious :evil:

I know for a fact thats Compfreak

How?

Guise it's totally Andrew :|

:cry:

Oh hush.

Goodbye, mysterious person...

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Hilarious :evil:

I know for a fact thats Compfreak

How?

Guise it's totally Andrew :|

:cry:

Oh hush.

I see what you did thar 8-)

1288581197250-1.jpg

Sooooooo, what happened to your sig?

That's what I'd like to know.

It almost all fits - Rants forum, veteran Tip.it user...but hey, what do we care? It's better that he (this mystery person, whoever he/she is) leaves in silence rather than noisily.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Sooooooo, what happened to your sig?

Inside sources have informed me that it was removed.

Also note: this is officially my last post. Awaiting the onrushing hordes of moderators.

this is officially my last post.

That's what they all say...

Yeah, but I'm more honest then most. Mark my words, you'll never see another post from me or my main. Not that it matters, this is more of a rambling rant at moderators then an attempt to draw attention to my main.