Draco Mage - The Road To 83/99 Magic with 10HP [99 Crafting]

newmenu.png

Hello, my in-game name is Draco_Mage. I've been playing Runescape for almost 6 years & have enjoyed every minute of it. I'm not an old man, but rather a young adult that uses his spare time to enjoy life's little entertainment opportunities. I do work alot and I attend school when it is in. Most of my gameplay derives during the summer time, holidays, and evenings. I've been a gamer since I was 12-years old (much younger if we are discussing consoles) & I don't intend on growing out of my favorite past time. Even older generations play games, why does it matter so much what game that happens to be?

Yes, my character is considered a Mage Pure, due to the fact that it still possesses 10 Hitpoints. Magic is the only combat-related skill I've trained & it will remain so. Why? We all set goals for our characters, mine just happens to be that I want Level 50 Combat when I finally achieve my all-time goal of 99 Magic. Indeed, I do have Bunny Ears. This shows a sign of age and experience on this account, as lacking as the skills may be. Feel free to read on to understand my character a bit more. All forms of feedback are accepted and appreciated so don't hesitate to make an appearance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[hide=99 Cooking]draco_mage.png

This was my first 99 to achieve. Many of the people who achieve this goal only do it because it is known as the "easiest skill" or just to trim an existing cape; I did it to get my feet wet. I knew if I was planning on doing more 99 skilling, I needed to be fully aware, even if at a small extent, of what to expect during my path.

99c.png

ccape.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Fletching]draco_mage.png

This was my second 99 to achieve. Similar to 99 Cooking, people only achieve this goal for other circumstances while I did it, once again, to get my feet wet. After all is said and done, I feel much more knowledgeable about what is needed to achieve a 99 skill and am much prepared to tackle bigger goals.

99f.png

fcape.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Crafting]draco_mage.png

This is my 3rd cape and my first since I created this blog. Cost me alot of time and money but the reward is oh so sweet. Several of my greatest friends showed up and I had a few strictly Tip.it'ers show up/message me. Thanks guys! Got a few snaps of the party, the level-up, and a gathering of 2 of my best friends (Rut_Sim & 200m__XP) and their Crafting capes.

1.png

2.png

3.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Magic]draco_mage.png

This is my long-term goal that I'm slowly, but surely getting done. I did a little bit of Alchemy while crafting/fletching but it is very tedious work. I'm hoping, in the long run, to have this completed before the year's end.

83mage.png[/hide]

[hide=All Skills 70+]Click on the skill to see the latest snapshot

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png

draco_mage.png[/hide]

Feel free to come visit me while I'm training. I enjoy the encouragement, intellectual conversations, and the occasional "HYT" that passes by. I keep my Private Chat on Friends Only for obvious reasons but if you leave a message here or see me in-game, just give me a shout.

I'm always on World 99 and I'm currently: High Alchemy at: Edgeville

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[hide=Frequently-Asked-Questions(FAQ)]Q. Do you have other accounts?

A. Technically, yes. I had an account before this one that was a Combat pure. I hated combat, but loved Magic. I left it for dead and created this account and haven't looked back since. Combat training is overrated, in my honest opinion. However, I'm a firm believer in "to each his own".

Q. What's your bank look like?

A. I've posted a bank picture before but don't think I'll do it again. I'm not one for flaunting around my fortune, that's what skills are for. However, if there is a major spark of interest about it, I might be bothered to produce one more screenshot.

Q. How did you know how to make your account into a skiller/mage pure?

A. I've heard this question alot. People seem to be baffled that I was able to make a mage pure with an account that is roughly 6-years old. For the first half of my time, I spent it merchanting and exploring around. By the time skillers were getting a bit more popular, I decided to work on my magic. It was with a stroke of luck that I decided to work with curses instead of blasts, disabling my hitpoint gain.

Q. Do you own a Scythe?

A. No. Sadly, I was not on during Halloween Day to grab one of these. I happened to be too busy working on my costume for a party (I was Raoul Duke from Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas :twisted:) so I had no luck in logging in that day. Also, it is wise to remember that holiday drops back then were much harder to get, mostly due to the fact that it was only on THAT day and not the entire month.

Q. Why are your levels much lower than they should be?

A. Yes, it is true that my levels are significantly lower than that of a normal 6-year veteran. Not only have I taken alot of time off from Runescape, but I've only been a member for 3 consecutive months. I never thought the game was worth my money but soon realized all possibilities that were available for a mere $5/month.

Q. How do you make your money? (Thanks, hobgoblinpie)

A. Well, basically, this account was created around the time that the rares began to be distributed through the land. I was fortunate enough to collect a few during the hoarding times, and kept them on this account when I took my long-break. When I finally ventured back into the game (roughly 2 years ago), I noticed the huge price difference and sold them immediately. Even though the price "of living" in Runescape had greatly changed (money was rarer and harder to come back in those days) I still made out pretty well. Since then, I've been "spoiling" myself by updating my skills. As my fortune continues to deplete, I'll soon have to arrive with an idea on how to make money, but until then I'll keep living off my fortunate days.

Got more questions you'd like to have answered? Feel free to ask![/hide]

[hide=Friends' Accomplishments]Lunchdemon - 99 Cooking

lunch99.png

200m__Xp - 99 Farming

200mfarm.jpg

Rut Sim - 100m Cooking XP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTZQkmomr-8

Lakered - 99 Cooking

getting99cooking.jpg

Purezammy84 - 99 Hitpoints

zam99hp.png

Magicplayak - 99 Cooking

playak99cook.png[/hide]

dracomagecopy.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!

Good luck Draco Mage!

I saw you around 10 times in the last month, mostly at caterby bank lol :P

Best of luck with 99 mage and crafting, with 10 hp!!

I support you! :thumbsup:

Visit my blog if you have some time! <3:

~Gradeskip93~

Edit: 1st post! woohoo! :mrgreen:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Thanks! Yes, Catherby use to be my 'home' but all my friends migrated to the Den, so I followed suit.

UPDATE - 95 Crafting

95craft.png

After much discussion with Rut_Sim, he said it'll be fine to have the party at his house (99 Construction). All that is left is to determine when the party shall be. I'm aiming for mid-early next week sometime but won't get the time/date fixed until much closer in detail. Be sure to stay turned for further updates!

Everyone is invited! Contact me if you are interested in attending and want a personal upkeep on the time/date. Bring a Brown Apron if you wish to follow the train to the Guild.

dracomagecopy.png

Wow, have not seen a 10hp pure in a while! Always great to be something different :)

I have actually considered in a month when I begin college to quit playing on my main and just do skilling on my skiller while doing HW, etc. I had originally been thinking of making it a prayer pure but had considered mage as well, still debating. (If I remember correctly with 99 pray and mage and 10 hp it is like 68 combat)

I will be sure to keep up with this blog and watch your progress.

Good Luck,

Dwarve

Thanks guys!

I had originally been thinking of making it a prayer pure but had considered mage as well, still debating. (If I remember correctly with 99 pray and mage and 10 hp it is like 68 combat)

Close, it is actually 63. I considered getting 20 Prayer for multiple reasons, but mainly because it'll allow me to do quests in the Eastern-swamp region of Runescape & open new opportunities for my character. The secondary factor on that decision was so that I could wear Sara Robes to match my long-awaited Magic Cape. Still, it'll make my 53 instead of 50, and I don't like the odd look of that. I'd either have to do something else to even it off, deal with the odd number, or just stick with 99 Magic only.

I think teleport tablets would be a good way to train magic, I got from 55 to 83 (so far) making teleport tablets and made a decent 10mil+ profit out of it.

Yes, I always heard that tabs were a good source of funding but never experienced it. Not to mention, my Construction level is still relatively low so I'll need to work on that first. I'm good with funds, at the moment, and I'll be adding this 'question' to my FAQ-area as I get asked about it quite often, if not every other time I encounter someone.

dracomagecopy.png

Thanks guys!

Close, it is actually 63. I considered getting 20 Prayer for multiple reasons, but mainly because it'll allow me to do quests in the Eastern-swamp region of Runescape & open new opportunities for my character. The secondary factor on that decision was so that I could wear Sara Robes to match my long-awaited Magic Cape. Still, it'll make my 53 instead of 50, and I don't like the odd look of that. I'd either have to do something else to even it off, deal with the odd number, or just stick with 99 Magic only.

I was at work when I posted and was going off memory. I am still not sure if I wanna do prayer and mage because I have to raise money somehow.

peace,

Dwarv

I saw you craft there, didn't know you had a blog! ::'

(I hope you know that FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions)

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Thanks guys! Thanks, Mylz, for throwing up some pictures for my blog!

Pretty cool account to have good luck with 99 mage and crafting with 10 hp, I guese your combat would be around 50?

Yessir, it'll be exactly Lvl 50.

(I hope you know that FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions)

I'm not sure how I got it mixed up .. but thanks for pointing it out to me!

Update - 96 Crafting

96craft.png

As of now, the party will probably be early next week sometime. I'm consider 1 of 3 options for this "party", and hope to have the decision in the next couple of days:

1) Rut_Sim hosts the party in his 99 House, and we celebrate there.

2) 200m__XP is getting 99 Farming soon and I might join him and we'll level together.

3) We gather in mid-Falador and walk to the Guild and watch me level there, for a simple solution.

I'll be gathering votes for the party location so be sure to let me know what you guys think!

dracomagecopy.png

Grats on 96 craft!! only 3 left :thumbsup:

I'm f2p till september :cry: so i wont be able to attend your party :( Cant even pm, my list is full :l

Maybe, at least, i can add you on another acc (probably the one named "Gradeskip") for now and pm something for your 99 pic ::'

Edit: 100 views :mrgreen:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Update - 97 Crafting

97craft.png

My journey is coming to an end and I'm getting excited. I think, unless other plans are made, we'll be gathering in Falador and walking to Guild for my 99. Looks like, if the pace stays the same, I'll be able to get it sometime this weekend. I promise to have a finalized by the time I hit 98. Thanks for all the support so far!

A buddy of mine (Lunchdemon) got 99 Cooking earlier. I'll be adding more of my friends' accomplishments as they achieve them.

lunch99.png

dracomagecopy.png

Update - 98 Crafting

Untitled.jpg

(Lagged out as soon as I leveled, didn't get proper screenshot)

I've decided to just have a gathering in Falador center and we'll walk to the Guild for the actual level-up. Everyone is invited and I'll soon make an announcement regarding this. Plan on Sunday afternoon sometime, but it could be as late as Monday evening depending on what else I got going on. I'll be sure to give proper updates when I can.

dracomagecopy.png

Thanks, Grade :-D Your appreciation shown through my blog is more than enough. Feel free to join my Clan Chat if you wish to verbal congratulate me in-game.

[hide=Draco Mage's 99 Crafting Party]Draco Mage's 99 Crafting Party Schedule

When? 5PM Central Time*

Where? Rut_Sim's House (99 Construction/Under 500 Rank)**

World? 99

Who's invited? Everyone! Bring your friends!

Additional Comments: Meet at Taverly Portal and await Rut_Sim & myself to show up. Then, we'll proceed into his house for the party. Feel free to bring a brown apron if you wish to go to the Guild with us afterwards. I do not keep my Private Chat turned on so please join my Clan Chat ahead of time, if you wish. If you aren't going to make it but would still like to congratulate me, feel free to post here, on my blog, or in my clan chat.

* Need help figuring out what time it'll be for you? Post here with what time it is for you where you live & I or someone else will surely assist you.

** If for some unknown reason Rut isn't able to show up, we'll all migrate to Falador center and proceed, in train-formation, to the Guild where I'll gain my 99 outside of it.[/hide]

dracomagecopy.png

HUGE UPDATE

Party is going to be going off a little early due to other inconveniences. If you are online right now, join my clan chat to get the update. Sorry if those expecting it to be 5PM won't be able to make it now.

dracomagecopy.png

Thanks guys!

Update - 99 Crafting (finally)

This is my 3rd cape and my first since I created this blog. Cost me alot of time and money but the reward is oh so sweet. Several of my greatest friends showed up and I had a few strictly Tip.it'ers show up/message me. Thanks guys! Got a few snaps of the party, the level-up, and a gathering of 2 of my best friends (Rut_Sim & 200m__XP) and their Crafting capes.

1.png

2.png

3.png

dracomagecopy.png