Ready For Summoning? The Best Way To Prepare. (1k+ views)

hackmds

out of date, will remove in 1 week

[hide=MY thoughts before summoning was released]

Are You Ready For Summoning? The Best Way To Prepare.

There is a few ways to get ready for summoning.

First you will need to finish Wolf Wistle quest to do summoning

Also if you look on the picture in summoning development # 4, you will see that Summoning is coming out next week!

rsstats.png

a leaked image or summoning icon in stats, ty draynor.net

Section 1 : The supplies

Section 2 : Prerequisite skills / quests

Section 3 : Summoning equiptment / starting items

Section 4 : Spoilers / what we know

Section 5 : Feedback

Section 1 : The supplies

Since summoning is in every skill, you may want to stock up, because you dont know how much they will help you (pets). Only buy the things that you want to train.

[hide=Skills and recomended items]

Agility - You cant realy prepare for this, finishing monkey madness, getting a few hundred cakes, and some grappling hooks are all you can do.

Combat - Get super sets (if your high lvl), food, best armour, wepons, finish any quests that open up new areas ( shilo village, legends, underground pass, etc.), and get ready for some combat lvl ups.

Construction - Buy a few extra planks, limestone, and any other suplies.

Cooking - Get some extra raw fish

Crafting - Extra hides, gold bars, any thing that you can use to lvl.

Farming - buy seeds and a bunch of compost, who knows how this skill will be improved.

Firemaking - buy a tinderbox

Fishing - complete barbarian fishing training, buy every fishing device

Fletching - get a knife

Herblore - keep some unid pots, u never know the new summoning boosts that are involved,

Hunter - buy some supplies, especialy nets

Magic - get a few thousand of the basic runes, get extra nats and laws.

Mining - buy a extra pick

Prayer - get some bones, but dont bury

Ranged - get arrows, bows, and d hide

Runecrafting - get talismans, tiaras and essence, before price increases

Slayer - slayer exipment

Smithing - dont smith ur bars, keep extra ores

Thieving - get gloves of silence

Woodcutting - an axe[/hide]

Section 2 : Prerequisite skills / quests

Bellow is some quests and skills that you might want to have or complete.

As peopl have been yelling at me, hunter DOES tie into summoning a lot,mespecialy high lvls, so turn chat off, get 100gp, grab a net with soe traps and spend 1 hr getting 50 - 55 hunter from lvl 1.

[hide=Quests] Legends, heros (new items), recepie for disaster, underground pass, witches hous, Cold War (the penguin quest, for penguin eggs maybe), Eagles' Peak (because summoning will tie in with hunter a lot), and any quests that gives you acess to new areas

Lke herblore, and runecrafting, there will be a quest that needs completing to start rasing summoning.[/hide]

[hide=Skills] 30 + (at least) in everything, 55+ is beter, 60 prayer ( for protection from summoned monsters), 75 incase theres higher requirements for new prayers[/hide]

Section 3 : Summoning equiptment / starting items

[hide=Eggs]

Jagex released a few new items. It would be gould if you get 10 of the following eggs ( before skill comes out) :penguin, raven and vulture, and regular coloured eggs.

Raven, and regular coloured eggs are all from bird nests. Vulture eggs are avalible from killing vultures a little north on agility pyramid. It takes 5min. - 40min. to get a egg, but its worth it. I am personaly getting 50 vulture eggs.

[/hide]

[hide=Items]

If you read the last development diary, there is a answe to a anagram, it reveals "nets" and some "granite", the granite mostly refers to the rock ( mined in desert).

Lots of cash, 100k if your low level, i personaly saved 3mil becasue i want 80 summoning by febuary 1st. Every 8 summoning levels is 1 cb lvl.

[/hide]

Section 4 : Spoilers / what we know

Bellow is information that may spoil your experiance, that is if you want it to be a suprise.

[hide=Spoilers]

1. 25 new familiars , and 47 variations of pets and familiars will be released in febuary

2.summoning monsters are in pouches in your inventory, like cats or fish

3.Each creature has unique Summoning requirements, special moves, abilities, distinct personalities and hidden chat options

4. please post some more..

[/hide]

Section 5 : Feedback

None yet

Add this to your signature

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5604052#5604052]Are You Ready For Summoning?[/url]

Links to other Summoning Reads

1.http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5607866#5607866

2.http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5607872#5607872

3.http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=718 ... sc&start=0

4.http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=730813

Made by: Kingryanj

Corrections / help by(decent contrabution) :elementz_m, everyone basicly

* yes i did at the hunter importance bit

[/hide]

hackmds.png

RIP kingryanj Soon to be 99 FM 99 Hunt and 99 Fletch

I see a few mistakes here such as:

Lots of cash, 100k if your low level, i personaly saved 3mil becasue i want 80 summoning by febuary 1st. Every 8 slayer levels is 1 cb lvl.

Im guessing that should be summoning. Also, have penguin eggs been confirmed yet?

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

Penguin eggs have been confirmed. :wink:

So, are they just drops from any penguin? Zoo and fairy ring island? I haven't seen any threads that actually confirmed them :?

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

penguin eggs were confirmed in the fourth development diary. i agree that there are more in-depth discussions in "general discussion" with regards to summoning.

quests i would have thought should be added: Cold War (the penguin quest, for penguin eggs maybe), Eagles' Peak (because summoning will tie in with hunter a lot)

this is a well laid-out guide, and has some good information considering nothing is concrete. i especially like the idea of getting more net traps for hunter, i hadn't thought of that. i do think a lot of it is superfluous, however:

advice for people wanting to train firemaking with summoning - buy a tinderbox.

mining - get a pick.

i'm sure anyone who has ever levelled in most of the skills will have these (and other) basic items.

Dude just some advice, i don't think that you will need 50+ in all skills. I dont even think you'll need 1+ in all skills. Summoning is a skill on its own, therefore it won't have requirements in any other skill.

Look at the herblore quest - no other skill/quest requirement.

I could be wrong, but i think it will be stand alone

Sorry, but this guide isn't good, really. For instance, you didnt say anything about karamthulu as far as i read, which are confirmed to be a summoning familliar. Also, we dont know if its tied with ALL skills, even though we know it will be with alot of them. You cant prepare for those though, as we dont know how it works. Better armor might not be needed if you can summon a familliar to take the hits for you instead of yourself, right?. Also, its pretty stupid, "I've saved 3M myself as i want 80 by february", you dont even KNOW the exp rate. It could be 100K exp a hour, or 15K as slayer. Also, jagex said the skill will not be cheap nor expensive - I would say prayer, construction, etc. Is pretty expensive, and firemaking is cheap. That means somewhere in the middle of 4M and 80M, and thats around 40-50M. If we take it at 40M, then it would be 3-4 gp per exp, and thats 6-8M for 80 =o. So maybe you SHOULD save a bit more up. This might also only be the slowest way, so you cant get 80 before february ;p.

well...this is an alright guide, but it is definately missing A LOT of what could be valuable information.

To say the least, you're missing karamthulhus and how to get them. You dont say the best way to get eggs (MTK), you dont mention chicken eggs. You dont mention many animals that were discovered from the anagrams (unicorns, hens, granite grabs, gecko, many more...).

And last but not least in ur prerequisite skills, I mean come on!!! What about hunter?!?! You do know that jagex has stated hunter will play a large role in summoning, people should know that they should train it before summoning comes.

P.S. some pics would be nice too