Guide to Mage Arena -Low Lvl Pures- NEW PvP unlock method!

coza_17

*Please note that I have done mage arena on my main and on my pure when it was 43 combat (1 def and prayer)* I have used a few pictures from tip.it (i have given credit to them :D )

First thing make sure you have 60 mage (potions do not work you must have 60 mage)

Also make sure you have the best mage gear you are willing to risk, you will keep 3 items when you die unless you attack someone! I advise Mystic

top bottom and hat with fire staff. (If you can't wear mystic then wear mage robes.)

Also make sure you have 25 lobsters or higher and 200 death runes 800 air runes.

Always keep a knife or a slash wep on you (Dagger, sword, longsword Whip)

LEAVE ALL YOUR STUFF IN BANK. GO WITH ONLY YOUR KNIVE/SLASH WEP!

When you have all this go to Ardougne

ardyhutdq5.png

Go to alter to recharge prayer

ardyalterdp4.png

Then go to the hut with the lever

ardyleverzu2.png

You will end up here in lv 51 wildy

wildyhutco2.png

wildylevervk0.png

Run north til you find the web

slashwebs1wc3.png

From here on be very careful and run west along the route shown

routefromwildyhuttombvi1.png

Slash the webs and pull the lever

magebankwildyrp4.png

Now take your mage gear, runes, food and knife out of the bank, you can see if Lundail has any runes you like (good for buying cheap chaos and natures)

npcsofmagearenabh8.png

Put autocast fire blast on then talk to Kolodion and say you would like to learn his spells and accept his challenge to fight.

first5bj5.png

This picture shows the first five forms and what your invo should look like (I have no death or air runes on my lv 3 so therefore i had to edit the picture, my editing skills are bad :anxious: so dont flame because of "fake pic")

For the first five forms just use prayer/eat and cast your spells, for people with 37+ prayer fight the lv 112 demon as normal with prayer on. For people without 37 prayer this is what you do.

fightdemonbr5.png

This is quite tricky to get first time and you may die once or twice, when you die just go back, get more runes and say "fight again" and you will be on Demon and try again. This is the easiest way on a 1 def 1 prayer pure!

After the fight he will tele you back to the arena and you can step into the pool of water and claim your cape and Staff

Zammy staff temp reduces their Mage level

Sara Staff temp reduces their prayer level

Guthix staff (and Void Knight Staff) temp reduces their Defence level

They all hit 20 without charge (80 magic) and 30 with charge. You need to cast the spell 100 times in arena on the mages to unlock the spell so you can use it on other players and for 37+ prayer people this is easy, for 1 def 1 prayer pures the only way is stand there with food and your best dragonhide. The spells only need to be casted, not hit. Just clickcast the spell with dragonhide on for best defence and splash them all and it works.

rewardka0.png

Your first staff is free, if you want a different staff or a new one they are 80k each untradable, also when you lose your cape just pray at statue for new cape for free. You can only have one cape at a time and you cannot equip different staffs and capes.

Training the staff for PvP

trainingstaffva8.png

If you are 37 prayer it is easy, just use monk robes, staff and god cape (cape is not essential but gives a good mage offense and defence), take some prayer pots and a bit of food, just run in there and clickcast your 100 spells (they do not need to hit) and have a sip of prayer pot when needed.

If you are 40+ defence and under 37 prayer (I know this is unlikely but I will post it anyway) just take your best dragonhide body and chaps, staff and cape and run in there, clickcast your spells and eat when you need to. I advise you go down to 20 hp then eat back up to full hp. You won't get hit much if you use red dragonhide or black dragonhide.

NOTE: The reason why I advise you use dragonhide is so you last longer, remember your objective is to cast the spells, they DO NOT have hit any damage, and if the spells splash it counts as a cast. The mages obviously mage and therefore dragonhide is the best armour to use whilst unlocking PvP fighting mode with your selected God Staff.

If you are under 40 def and 37 prayer then use your best dragonhide chaps (and vambs if you want but not essential) and any top which gives any mage defence, staff and cape and only take 50 spells at the most as you will get hit a lot and 25 lobsters will not last more than 50 spells. After you have casted your spells and ran out of lobsters, leave when you have 2 lobs left so you can be on a decent hp when you run back into mage bank. Just bank, take more food and run back and keep clickcasting spells.

I know some people will think that running through a high level pking hotspot with 100k worth of runes is a bit risky, but if you bank everything other than a knife, go outside, check for pkers and slash all webs then quickly bank, take your stuff out and make a quick dash for it you should survive \:D/ (Disclaimer, do at your own risk, this is risky and the rewards ARE worth it)

After you have casted the 100 spells with your chosen god staff you can buy another staff and cast another 100 spells to unlock it (remember that you need a different amount of airs and fires for each spell but the number of bloods stays the same)

To Charge your staff (level 80 magic required) you must have the same God staff and cape equiped (Sara staff and Sara Cape) this means that you hit more often and hit 30s instead of 20s (if you have 80 mage then you can use a charge when you train your spells but it costs extra bloods and isn't neccessary)

This is a new section to the guide aimed at lower levels and 1 defence pures however it works well and is useful for all!

Training your staff without fighting the Battlemages!

First of all, you need a friend with at least 40 range and within 50 combat levels of you. He needs to be wearing this.

dummysetuphu8.png

And you need to be wearing this.

trainersetupdv9.png

(The escaping from pker tips have worked 90% of the time in my experience they are not 100% fool proof and some pkers are better than others. If you escape from a pker you should always world hop! Just because you escaped once does not mean you can escape again! If you have at least red dragonhide on and protect from mage that should give you enough protection for quite a lot of freeze spells to splash and some teleblocks to splash)

OK, your dummy needs to go first and slash all the webs (just realised I forgot to put a slash tool in my invo for pic) and give the "All clear" to the trainer who will then make a run from mage bank into the mage arena. Once inside the mage arena both the dummy and the trainer will run to the south side of the arena. The dummy will take auto retaliate OFF and will then cast his low damage spell, skulling on the trainer. The trainer will then cast the 100 required spells on the dummy, watch out because even though the trainer has low magic offense and the dummy has high magic defence you will still hit damage! (20's non-charged 30's charged) I also advise you dont charge, you dont want to hurt your poor dummy too much =;. While the trainer is casting his spells the dummy will continue to stand there and eating when your hp gets too low. If you see a pker as the trainer you have the option to log out instantly, take this option and leave the dummy to defend himself :P. After you have casted all 100 spells you will get a message saying "You have now unlocked this spell" Now it is the trainers turn to check the coast to mage bank as he is unskulled with 3 items and no runes, the trainer has nothing to lose. The dummy should still be skulled with his dragonhide armour. After the trainer has checked the coast, slashed all the webs both the trainer and dummy run into mage bank and your have successfully unlocked your god spell without having to fight those pesky battlemages :thumbsup:

Please post any typos/spelling and grammar errors and any incorrect information and I will update and correct it.

Hope this guide helps, please spare some time to post a comment so I can gradually improve this guide. :) :)

coza17.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guide, 8/10.

Not much else to comment :)

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Not a bad guide, but taking the long way, around the mage arena will afford a bit more protection from pkers. The fast that they tend to focus on the mage bank was kind of glossed over though.

A note to log if u see dots might be helpful. Who cares if you die with a knife though. It is however a pain to get back to ardo to tele to wildy to get to the bank again.

:evil: i wish i would have found this before i did it a few hrs ago :( anyways good guide and i dont think pics from tip.it will be a problem i have seen alot of guides with them lately...lazy people :notalk: and now i kno wat each staff reduces (i only knew zammy) and one more thing zammy owns. :D

sigsu1.jpg

*Please note that I have done mage arena on my main and on my pure when it was 43 combat (1 def and prayer)* I have used a few pictures from tip.it (i have given credit to them :D )

First thing make sure you have 60 mage (potions do not work you must have 60 mage)

Also make sure you have the best mage gear you are willing to risk, you will keep 3 items when you die unless you attack someone! I advise Mystic top bottom and hat with fire staff.

Also make sure you have 25 lobsters or higher and 200 death runes 800 air runes.

Always keep a knife or a slash wep on you (Dagger, sword, longsword Whip)

You should change that, it is not possible for someone with 1 def to wear mystic robes.

You can add me if you want, my chat is almost always on =)

Barrows guide...no prayer potions needed?

1200/1400 cw tickets. (updated every 100)

• 4 weeks later...
Funny how its for pures with 1 def yet you say you have to have mystic and you need 25 def for that :anxious: :-w

its 20 def for myst...

noobish guide > not your own mage arena pics...

saying pures... but you use prayer and mystic...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

• 1 month later...

Like jwrm22 said.... You should add pictures and by the way. Pures don't need 200 deaths same as normal people. I did the minigame with 80 fire blasts in inventory. I used up about 70 casts. Don't risk 200 deaths when you don't have to. :shame:

Also add readeble colors.

#4500 to 91 rc - 03-03-09

angel2w.gif

ehh... I'd rather not rate this because I don't have a P2p pure (mine will be f2p forever) and so I will have to be fair. I do think M.A is easy to finish if you get the hang of it, even for pures and avoiding pkers, it will be a success.

Never mind, I'll give this a 8.5/10, keep up the good work and you'll crop up more pures :P

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012