Harry Potter realese date.

easonadam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait until that book comes out, seeing as i loved all of the other books...I thought i heard something about it coming out on 7/7/07 but i guess thats wrong :? ...did J.K. Rowling ever mention if this is her last book?

So no-one here thinks that the main character to die just might be Voldemort? :o

Harry and Voldemort.

Harry is the last Horcrux and has to kill himself to kill Voldy.

This has been discussed before.

This is really just my belief, so don't go saying I spoiled ya cause it makes sooo much sense :P

korla3eaqd3.jpg

I'm looking forward to it too. It means it will finally be the beginning to an end.

Nothing against the books themselves, although I personally don't like them I can see where others might, but it means I won't have to put up with another obnoxious, snot-nosed Harry Potter fan.

sorry to hear about your experiences with hp fans bubsa, we're not all bad - honest =].

there were rumours about it being realesed on 7/7/07 but 21st july is teh confirmed date, on jkrs' website. Ibelieve it wasn't 7/7/07 due the london bombings.

this is indeed the last of the potter installments however jkr has said she may right a sort of harry potter encilopdiea (sp?) to tie up ALL loose ends. She will also be writing other books completely nrealted to the series.

I personally believe that rona dn hermoion will survie the last war and get married but that harry will sacrifice himself to destroy voldemort (I don't belive voldy will die in the normal sense)

Harry won't die. I'm quite sure of that. The series does have a sacrificial theme to it, but it is not Harry making the sacrificices. I'm thinking Snape will redeem himself and possibly sacrifice himself for Harry, but that would be too much like Tale of Two Cities. And then theres still Wormtail, he will probably have a role as well. I think it is a distinct possibillity that Dumbledore will be back in some form, just to point Harry in the right direction.

And even though I know there is like no chance of it happening, I really hope Ron gets killed off so he can't marry Hermione.

I have to disagree with th whole 'Harry is a Horcrux' theory largely to the fact that if he was dumbledore would have found it out after all the years being harrys mentor.

can you remember the 'in essence divided' speech made by dumbledore when finding out that voldy used harrys blood? i believe this to show that harry and voldmort are only conncted by the scar and by no other means i.e voldys soul in harry. the gleam of trimumph that dumbledore had at this point was because he found out for sure that harry wouldn't HAVE to sacrifice himself to dstory the horcrux inside him.

i wouldn't ind marring hermione myself - largely due to the fact emma watson plays her in the films <3:. can see somebody making a big sacrifice and would love it to be snap as it would also reinforce that it is 'our choices far more than our abiliteis that show us who we are'

Methinks that Snape will sacrafice himself for Harry, to "pay" long past debts to James. Snape and Voldemort will die.

Even though it was a children's book from the beginning, I think it's become a bit too serious and dark for that kind of happy ending, tbh.

I have to disagree with th whole 'Harry is a Horcrux' theory largely to the fact that if he was dumbledore would have found it out after all the years being harrys mentor.

can you remember the 'in essence divided' speech made by dumbledore when finding out that voldy used harrys blood? i believe this to show that harry and voldmort are only conncted by the scar and by no other means i.e voldys soul in harry. the gleam of trimumph that dumbledore had at this point was because he found out for sure that harry wouldn't HAVE to sacrifice himself to dstory the horcrux inside him.

maybe, or maybe dumbledore knew harry would have to be the one to destroy the other horcruxes in the end, and therefore he let harry stay a horcrux without telling him, cause otherwise he might do something stupid before having played out his role to the end.

I do not remember it, actually, which book is it? and how would it help dumbledore understand that harry was no horcrux? I don't really understand how him using harry's blood rules out harry beinga a horcrux, or becoming one at a later stage, for example a the end of book 4, when a 2nd person was killed by voldy in harry's presence.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Methinks that Snape will sacrafice himself for Harry, to "pay" long past debts to James. Snape and Voldemort will die.

Even though it was a children's book from the beginning, I think it's become a bit too serious and dark for that kind of happy ending, tbh.

That would not be a happy ending at all!

Snape redeems himself and then DIES. That is pretty depressing in my opinion.

Snape turns out to be a good guy and harry gets to live...? seems pretty happy to me.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Snape turns out to be a good guy and harry gets to live...? seems pretty happy to me.

You guys need to read A Tale of Two Cities. Snape really reminds me of a character in that story, and then you guys will see why it would be so sad.

it was in book 5. harrys blood is only important because it, along with the dream harry has in this book, is what got dumbledore to use his golden instrument (not the the penisive) to try adn find out and i belive the fact that the snake spilts into two shows that harry and voldemort hav two sepearte souls.

I can see where your coming from about dumbledore not wanting harry to do anything rash upon him finding he was a horcrux but i belive that if dumbldore knew he would of told harry, espeically after the whole 'I am now going to tell you what i should of a long time ago' speech (book 4, part of speech on the blurb)

I've never read a tale of two cities, is it a good read? if snape is similar to this character we can assume that the basics of what happens in tail of two cities could happen to snape. all great authours steal ideas from each other so i don't see why jkr can't be doing it here.

Edit: Ihave to go now, please carry on disscussions on what you think will happen, I'll be back toorrow.

Spoiler Warning!(Book 6): I think that Dumbledore isnt really dead but its a trick by him and Snape to weed out all the bad eggs at Hogwarts so that in the final book they could use Hogwarts as a secret base while still maintaining it as a school. In the end Voldemort will not die but become badly hurt then have his soul eaten by a Dementor!

/Spoilers

Sig

is this a discussion? like what will we expect from the book or something similar to that.

I heard 2 major characters die...i'm guessing Harry and Ron

But where did you hear that.....Unless directly from JK rowling herself I doubt harry dying. Mabye ron...but harry?

wewt!

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!