The Conclusive F2P Woodcutting Guide

The_Bacon_Man

The Conclusive F2P Woodcutting Guide

Hello, and Welcome to the Conclusive F2P Woodcutting Guide. I know there have been multiple guides about the same topic, but they are of such low quality, that I decided to make an acutally good one. So enought introductions - Let's get on with the guide!

-NOTE: This guide is made for inexperienced woodsmen, not high level woodcutters-

Starting Out

So you have decided to become a woodcutter. Maybe you've got your eye on those magnificent yew trees, maybe you want to work on another skill, or maybe you are looking for some money. All are great reasons to become a woodcutter. There are four types of logs that F2P woodcutters can cut:

logdatale8.png

As you can see, there are regular logs, oak logs, willow logs, and yew logs.

But we all need to start somewhere. To start - talk to the woodcutting tutor. Yeah, yeah, I know - all you high levels out there are like; Zomg why is this nubmuffin telling me to talk to a tutor for level 3's? But he has some good advice for starting out. For instance, he can tell you where trees to cut are.

woodcuttingtutorsi7.png

The tutor can give you a bronze axe if you are a low leveled, but I reccommend picking up an iron or steel axe from Bob's axes. When you gain levels, you can use different types of axes. It is always good to have a high level axe, and you can immediately start out at iron.

axedataqm3.png

Here is Tip.It's axe chart.

(Working on my own)

07feb16202452fm3.png

Bob's axe shop is south of Lumbridge castle. Here, you can get your axe fixed for a fee if it becomes broken, and purchase up to steel axes.

saxesks0.png

Now that you have your axe, you just need to find a spot to sit back, relax, and enjoy the sights right? Well, yes and no. When you cut regular trees, (which is all you can cut at level 1), you get 1 log per tree. I know, ripoff isn't it? So it involves a good amount of clicking. Location is just as important as paying some attention to the screen. You will want somewhere you can easily cut without being bothered.

I reccommend the forest west of Lumbridge, and east of Draynor. It looks like this:

startingoutvm6.png

Alternatively, you could go to the forest west of the Varrock west bank. It looks like this:

alternatestartingbj1.png

So you cut regular trees down until level 15, where you then can cut down oak trees. Oak trees give multiple logs per tree, so knock your self out until level 30 woodcutting. At 30 woodcutting, you move on to willows.

Willows

willowdatahy4.png

Willows are possibly the best experience trees in F2P. It's a good thing, since there are no more trees inbetween 30 and 60.

This is the main area where people cut willows. It is just south of the Draynor bank, as you can see, and is often crowded.

draynorbankactualwk7.png

If you find yourself not getting enough experience, you can always go to an alternate area to cut willows. These include; in the forest east of Draynor and west of Lumbridge, south of Rimmington, and across the fence west of Draynor.

This is the area across the fence west of Draynor:

alternativewillowsbf2.png

You will be cutting willows for quite some time if you intend to get level 60. My advice is to stick with it, bank all the logs you cut, and multitask. Other guides can explain this more, but it is common knowledge.

Yews

yewdatafh9.png

Congratulations, you have made it to 60 woodcutting. Or, you are just reading the whole blog. Either way, yay! When you achieve 60 woodcutting, you can cut yews. However, I reccommend cutting willows until at least 75 woodcutting before you cut yews. Why? Because I told you to.

Ok, that's not the real reason. The real reason is because you will not get any yew logs. There is an average of 6 yew logs per tree. Out of that, 5 usually go to macroers. [Depends on how many macroers] Yews are totally swamped by macroers. In this section, I will also be teaching you how to distinguish between a gret low level, and a macroer.

identifyinganautowb2.png

howtobesurevq6.png

howtoreportanautodi5.png

Macroers are usually level 3, but can range from 3 to 20 combat. If the user is higher than 40 combat, I reccommend against reporting him/her. There is simply too much work to lose by being a macroer at that level, so they are usually just players.

Remember, users could just be AFK, (Away From Keyboard), or have their chat off, so give them a little time to respond.

That should help clear things up. Remember, not all level 3's with 60+ woodcutting are macroers, or autos as they are commonly called. Some are skillers, someone who trains skills over combat.

Maps

Here is a collection of some of the best spots to go woodcutting.

Edgeville:

Red - Yews

edgevillewq7.png

Draynor Woods:

Red - Yews

Yellow - Willows

draynorwoodshh9.png

Fallador Woods:

Red - Yews

falladorwoodsjd0.png

Fallador Woods Actual:

Red - Yews

falladorwoodsactualhd8.png

Rimmington:

Red - Yews

Yellow - Willows

rimmingtonmaplj2.png

Rimmington Yews:

Warning - Lots of Autos and far from bank.

rimmingtonyewswf0.png

Varrock:

Red - Yews

varrockaq6.png

Random Maps

Evergreens:

Evergreens are normal trees, just called Evergreens.

evergreensno5.png

Wilderness:

Blue - Dead Forests. There is no reason to train here. They are just regular trees.

wildernessae9.png

Desert:

Here be sand. Sand and cacti. No trees.

desertis3.png

Randoms

Here is Tip.It's Woodcutting Randoms -

(Until I can get pictures of them myself)

07feb16225640kq0.png

Best Places to Train

-In my OPINION; No flaming please-

1-15: Draynor Woods, west of Lumbridge and east of Draynor.

15-30: Draynor Woods, west of Lumbridge and east of Draynor.

30-60: A) Banking - Draynor Bank: south of the Draynor Bank.

B) Powercutting - Rimmington woods, south of the crafting shop.

60+: A) Draynor Bank or B) Edgeville: (Willows or Yews)

A)Just south of Drayor Bank. B) North of Barbarian Village and south of the Edgeville Bank.

F.A.Q.

What is this guide about?

-Woodcutting.

Why are there so many pictures?

-To get the point across.

Will you have my babies?

-I adore my fans, but not that much.

Why?

-Because.

Yes?

-No.

Did you know that the Varrock 'Red' is blue?

- Yes. \'

Credits:

Tip.It's Woodcutting Guide

Runescape World Map

Closing Comments

Ok, I hope this was a good guide, and better than most others. So a tip of my cap to you, and Happy Woodcutting!

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

I have a few problems witht his guide. All of your pictures are taken from tip.it. 1. that's nto allowed, 2 u didn't even give them any credit i dislike your guide right away. second there are tons and tons of woodcutting guides just use the search button and come up with soemthing original. although good grammar!

I have a few problems witht his guide. All of your pictures are taken from tip.it. 1. that's nto allowed, 2 u didn't even give them any credit i dislike your guide right away. second there are tons and tons of woodcutting guides just use the search button and come up with soemthing original. although good grammar!

I don't know what THE HELL you mean. Nearly every picture he uses that use Tip it's has "Pic from tip it".

Um, learn to read. :?

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

one well writtten guide u say? I suggest looking at other guides out there. most of His guid is stolen pictures and all information is allready know. expect to be locked. no offence or anything

one well writtten guide u say? I suggest looking at other guides out there. most of His guid is stolen pictures and all information is allready know. expect to be locked. no offence or anything

Wow. You know nothing.

I guess it counts as "stealing other people's pictures" when they have HIS RUNESCAPE NAME. :roll:

Just leave.

Wow. You know nothing.

I guess it counts as "stealing other people's pictures" when they have HIS RUNESCAPE NAME. :roll:

Just leave.

Exactly... The only stolen pictures are the tip.it ones (which he has given reference) and the Jagex maps, and honestly, all decent guides have Jagex maps in them...

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

Wow. You know nothing.

Just leave.

Exactly... The only stolen pictures are the tip.it ones (which he has given reference) and the Jagex maps, and honestly, all decent guides have Jagex maps in them...

I was hoping I wasn't the only one seeing that Skate's posts were wierd. :?

Fantastic, but you should add you own thoughts on where the best place to train is. I know it's somewhat in there, but make it more recognizable.

9/10 =D>

Ok, thanks for the comments, skate, I'll make the refrences to Tip.It a little bigger, and give the Runescape Map some credit. I'll probably write a section about where I feel is the best places to train too. Thanks everyone.

Tetris is about using the equal force of the working power to build up the glorious people's republic of Russia....

good guide except the spirit doesnt come from woodcutting to long (once I chopped down a tree after not havign doen so for 2 weeks and got the tree spirit random)

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

Well, it's random. You could have gotten it at any time. Some people get it on the first swing, and some people get it on the thousanth tree. And my answer is still, no, I will not have your babies. :anxious:

An amazing guide. I have to give it to you, you put a lot of time & effort into this, but it really shows. Thanks for contributing this! You honestly just have to smile when you see guides this good! :)

9.5/10 :P

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Thanks a lot guys, it means a lot to me that the work I did is showing. I'm still working on my own axe and randoms charts, so expect to see them soon.