Macroers, blah blah blah

Scorpiona

Just looking here, I'm seeing hundreds of people complaining about macroers, and giving so-so "solutions" to the problem. A quick search returns thousands more posts like this, and I'm forced to ask myself if anyone has looked at the big picture here.

Lots of people have posted very creative, if ineffective, ideas to add a speed bump to the free ride that macroers have been getting, but since the majority of people here don't seem to know much if anything about RuneScape cheating, I don't think they truly understand the problem they're facing.

I've been cheating in RuneScape for over 4 years, although I stopped after creating my latest main. Many of these suggests are essentially new randoms, small annoyances that will not actually deter botting players except for a few days while their scripts are being updated to include them. Many people seem to think that macroers are some king of dumb, "click-move-click-bank" system which will be fooled by a simple thingummywhat. Such macros exist, but bots, REAL bots, are advanced scripting engines that allow cheaters to write their own commands to macro. They have anti-randoms, and will solve virtually any problem that comes their way, and if they can't deal with it, they log out and switch to a next pre-prepared macroing account and leave their owner to deal with the broken one.

Also, you have to understand the drive of macroers: to be able to make money without doing real work. That's all there is to it, money. After macroing goods for themselves, macroers either sell it for GP, or transfer the items to their main for their use.

I think everyone is getting off-center, you can't truly stop macroers, because whatever anti-macro protection you add, if a normal human is still able to get past it, a macroer will be able to as well. However, that being said, I think there is one often overlooked problem with macroing:

It's self-destructive.

Since macroers macro only for money, if they sell their goods for GP, they also want to be able to sell that GP for cash, or else they've just got worthless pixels for their "work." Think about it, if all the randoms, all the macro protection, everything which Jagex worked on was gone, what would happen? Macroers would flourish, and the game would be overtaken with them. Every single world would be maxed out at 2000 players as everything would be macroed. Due to the high supply of previously expensive goods, and low demand (due to many players disgust and inability to use the game fairly), the market would plummet, and the economy would crash. GP-to-USD prices for RuneScape would sink from dollars to tenths of cents, macroers wouldn't have a reason to keep macroing, and they would leave to find an easier game to cheat at. Therefore, the balance of fair use-to-cheat use must remain intact, because if there isn't a degree of difficulty involving in macroing, there wouldn't be a market for the goods that macroers would collect. Since all these ideas for new randoms and other technicalities would only make it slightly more difficult for randoms to work, while still not actually preventing them, they're only keeping the balance in check and allowing macroing to flourish further.

In my opinion, the two only possible solutions to the macroing problem as a whole are:

1. Take down the RS GP market. I commend RuneScape for their efforts against real world trading, as this is what drives macroers.

2. Economy rehaul. Outdo or underdo macroers, so that the supply and demand for the goods they're collecting will be out of balance, and there will be no reason for them to continue macroing.

This might seem rather drastic, but I felt I had to speak my mind. Thanks for reading. :)

~Scorpiona

Do not reply unless you have something worth saying. Also, if you misunderstood anything, be sure to read this post.

Ex-cheater.

Web designer, PHP programmer, security analyst, and occasional goat milker.

ESCAPE WINDOWS! Dedicated poweruser of Ubuntu Linux.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so what you are saying is that we should kill our runescape economy like the Great Depression? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :oops:

Primeaction.jpeg
Not all F2Pers are beggars or scammers, some are respected members, but these respected people are over-populated by these beggar and scammers.

Ok so what you are saying is that we should kill our runescape economy like the Great Depression? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :oops:

No, I'm saying you should stop wasting your time on things which are only trivial, passing distractions for the macroers, since the only thing that will actually solve the macroer problem is a crash in the RSGP-to-USD market.

Ex-cheater.

Sry I meant to say for a solution..... but yea its impossible cuz nobody is gonna sell a d chain for 50gp in a store....... or yews for 2gp ea...

Primeaction.jpeg
Not all F2Pers are beggars or scammers, some are respected members, but these respected people are over-populated by these beggar and scammers.

very drastic idea indeed, far to out of hand to be made possible though.

Plus, if you make a low demand for items the bots will move on to something, with a higher demand, or simple more bots will be made to collect those items even faster so the can make the same amount of gp as before.

No matter what you do you can't eliminate the greed of players who use bots have.

Even with this bot problem, I think jagex is doing a good job with the bot problem. Yew prices have went up. ::' (Cuz of bots being banned)

Primeaction.jpeg

You haven't even suggested anything. You say that they need to go after the gold market, but how? You say they have to ruin the economy, but how? I'm sorry, but I hate it when people say we need to do something, but don't actually suggest something with detail.

runemsanta,nomar4.gif

The idea on redoing the RS market system wont work IMO...however there idea on jagex working on getting rid of real world trading could work... however that would be hard to do, sence so many places do that

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Ok so your saying destroy the RS gold market, 2 problems:

1. Jagex cannot keep up with the gold farmers.

2. To take down the gold market Jagex would have to make a pact with the Chinese government, which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

<.<

Note: Im not being racist, Im just saying most gold farmers are from China.

Pasty.png

To answer everyone above, I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying you should kill the entire RuneScape economy, although that would be a perfectly viable solution.

I'm saying that all these suggestions for killing macroers, implementing some small annoying feature, leading flax macroers to their death, etc, will accomplish nothing. By making it more difficult for macroers to acquire their goods, but not stopping macroers entirely, the amount of macroed goods will decrease, while the demand for those goods will stay the same. The economy will become unbalanced and RSGP-to-USD prices will skyrocket, making a bigger incentive to macro.

The point is that macroing has a dramatic effect on the economy and by making it harder for macroers in some inconsequential way is counter productive, it would only exacerbate the problem.

I'm not saying kill the RuneScape economy, I'm not saying sell sharks for 1gp, I'm not saying cause a great depression.

All I'm trying to do is get people to focus on the big picture of this macroing epidemic, and the solution to it, by eliminating the RSGP-to-USD market.

Ex-cheater.

I've been cheating in RuneScape for over 4 years, although I stopped after creating my latest main. Many of these suggests are essentially new randoms, small annoyances that will not actually deter botting players except for a few days while their scripts are being updated to include them. Many people seem to think that macroers are some king of dumb, "click-move-click-bank" system which will be fooled by a simple thingummywhat. Such macros exist, but bots, REAL bots, are advanced scripting engines that allow cheaters to write their own commands to macro. They have anti-randoms, and will solve virtually any problem that comes their way, and if they can't deal with it, they log out and switch to a next pre-prepared macroing account and leave their owner to deal with the broken one.

~Scorpiona

Wow i hope you get Perm banned :lol:

Your saying kill the economy.... Basically saying lets make a Runescape great depression....... :-k

Also the Real world item trading thing might work by putting a filter that doesn't allow you to trade more than 100k without anything in return also filter multply trades of money in a short amount of time. The filter will lock the account immediatly. Then examine it for Real world items trading. This might cut down on donations but not many people donate more than 100k.

Also Gold farmers are hard to deal with and Jagex would have to make a "deal" With chinese Gov't which will not happen.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

~Scorpiona

Your saying kill the economy.... Basically saying lets make a Runescape great depression....... :-k

Also the Real world item trading thing might work by putting a filter that doesn't allow you to trade more than 100k without anything in return also filter multply trades of money in a short amount of time. The filter will lock the account immediatly. Then examine it for Real world items trading. This might cut down on donations but not many people donate more than 100k.

Also Gold farmers are hard to deal with and Jagex would have to make a "deal" With chinese Gov't which will not happen.

First of all, try actually reading my post instead of making another worthless waste of bytes clogging up this thread.

Incidentally, if you had strained your truly superb intellect a few syllables further you would've seen that I am an ex-cheater.

As you have obviously not taken the time to read my second post, I'm not going to bother with responding to your first completely ignorant and repulsive exclamation.

Putting a filter on trades would do nothing but infuriate actual traders while doing nothing to actually shutting down real world traders, as they can easily trade through other means. In fact, more trusted traders who have been around for a while now force their buyers to stake them for the GP they're selling, and then deliberately lose to them. As of yet, I haven't heard of a single person being banned for real world trading that's used the staking method, so it's obviously not all sunshine and daisies on Jagex's end.

Gold farmers exist. Live with it. If someone wants to powergrind to make a few GP, there's not a whole lot you can do. None of your disgusting comments change that.

Thank you for wasting my time.

Ex-cheater.

• 4 weeks later...

why would jagex have to speak with the chinese government over a game? the government cant enforce a block on trading virtual cash for real cash, and if anything they would say no because if anything it helps them by getting more money into their country. the only thing jagex can do is to start mass banning ips or even isps, and get better proxy scanning etc, but i think they care more about the money from their memberships than fixing an e-economy which suffers basically next to no damage from the gold farmers.

you are all acting like the whole of china are goldfarmers and that their goverment is supporting it/forcing people to do it/ knows about it/cares about it, thats not true AT ALL. some of the "Bots" are goldfarmers (mostly chinese), but some are computer programs run by people from america/uk etc. if you went to the police/goverment about it at all, i doubt they would care.

why would jagex have to speak with the chinese government over a game? the government cant enforce a block on trading virtual cash for real cash, and if anything they would say no because if anything it helps them by getting more money into their country. the only thing jagex can do is to start mass banning ips or even isps, and get better proxy scanning etc, but i think they care more about the money from their memberships than fixing an e-economy which suffers basically next to no damage from the gold farmers.

you are all acting like the whole of china are goldfarmers and that their goverment is supporting it/forcing people to do it/ knows about it/cares about it, thats not true AT ALL. some of the "Bots" are goldfarmers (mostly chinese), but some are computer programs run by people from america/uk etc. if you went to the police/goverment about it at all, i doubt they would care.

(deep breathing, counting to ten)

Try actually reading my post first. It had nothing to do with working with the Chinese government, or blocking China from playing RuneScape, or anything even remotely similar! Jagex doesn't ban IPs for obvious reasons (I wrote a post about it, find it yourself, I'm not going to humor you), and proxy-scanning is far more complex than you realize, and in certain cases impossible or infeasible for Jagex. Take Tor: Do you realize how much of an extra load it would put on Jagex servers to check every incoming IP to see if it had port 9050 open? The amount of permutation allowed for each proxy would make it ridiculous to assume they could implement "better proxy scanning."

You made that post without reading my original article at all, and it's completely irrelevant -- you're speaking against the exact same stupid arguments which drove me to write my original post.

Ex-cheater.

~Scorpiona

First of all, try actually reading my post instead of making another worthless waste of bytes clogging up this thread.

Incidentally, if you had strained your truly superb intellect a few syllables further you would've seen that I am an ex-cheater.

As you have obviously not taken the time to read my second post, I'm not going to bother with responding to your first completely ignorant and repulsive exclamation.

Putting a filter on trades would do nothing but infuriate actual traders while doing nothing to actually shutting down real world traders, as they can easily trade through other means. In fact, more trusted traders who have been around for a while now force their buyers to stake them for the GP they're selling, and then deliberately lose to them. As of yet, I haven't heard of a single person being banned for real world trading that's used the staking method, so it's obviously not all sunshine and daisies on Jagex's end.

Gold farmers exist. Live with it. If someone wants to powergrind to make a few GP, there's not a whole lot you can do. None of your disgusting comments change that.

Thank you for wasting my time.

How do we even know your a so called "ex-cheater"? :shock:

I agree with this dude, I hope all your accounts are banned you hacker puppy! :x And btw.. who died and made you king(queen?) of the world? You go around attacking people for posting on "your" topic when it's not even your forum (i.e this makes it not your topic but Tip.it's) -.-

Back on topic... you say theres no point in leading flax bots to their death and random events are useless.. Well, at least it prevents the lower-quality bots somewhat and killing the flax pickers is simply a way for players to vent their frustration on a common enemy... There will be no end to the bots unless Jagex does what they did to RSC and close the game to new players. No matter how advanced Jagex's detection systems get there will be no end to this problem because of hackers like you who either think they can "train" their Java skills on this game or are so incredibly lazy that they have to spoil the game for others so that they can get stuff without any effort. These hackers will always find a way, no matter what, to cheat. Therefore, as long as human greed and laziness(this includes not just the hacker puppies but the Chinese sweatshop owners and the noobs who buy gold from them) exists, then this problem shall persist. Thus, I see no end in sight my friends unless Jagex can really kill off all real-world item trading and ban all the hacker puppy's mains.

So, off-topic, scorpia or whatever your name is go find a poor noob lvl 10's account to hack and stop harassing people for expressing their opinions. <.<

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

What are you, some kind of moron or something?

Try actually reading my post first. It had nothing to do with working with the Chinese government, or blocking China from playing RuneScape, or anything even remotely similar! Jagex doesn't ban IPs for obvious reasons (I wrote a post about it, find it yourself, I'm not going to humor you), and proxy-scanning is far more complex than you realize, and in certain cases impossible or infeasible for Jagex. Take Tor: Do you realize how much of an extra load it would put on Jagex servers to check every incoming IP to see if it had port 9050 open? The amount of permutation allowed for each proxy would make it ridiculous to assume they could implement "better proxy scanning."

You made that post without reading my original article at all, and it's completely moronic -- you're speaking against the exact same stupid arguments which drove me to write my original post.

Get off my topic.

if you actually read my post you would realise i was supporting you that its IMPOSSIBLE to stop cheaters by bans etc and that mass banning ips is impractical, you are obviously only here to flame and show off to 12 yr olds who dont even know what an IP is and are impressed by rambling on about stuff they dont understand, so rather than bother replying to all that ill reply with this...

donotfeedthetrollig5.png

(goodbye, not posting on, or reading, this topic again)

I disagree with the "all ur accounts knead 2 b b4nd" point of view. Look at other forms of technology. Anti-virus companies pick up virus writers while security companies pick up ex-hackers in order to get a first point of view on how to stop such a thing that those people once did.

So I suggest Jagex start hiring people who know a lot about bots, in order to be more effective at detecting and stopping them.

If I were Jagex, I'd be offering scorpiona a job right now in the new anti-bot department (or old since it probably exists already) after making sure he/she really knows what 'es talking about.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

How do we even know your a so called "ex-cheater"?

(1)I agree with this dude, I hope all your accounts are banned you hacker puppy!

(2)And btw.. who died and made you king(queen?) of the world? You go around attacking people for posting on "your" topic when it's not even your forum (i.e this makes it not your topic but Tip.it's)

(3)Back on topic... you say theres no point in leading flax bots to their death and random events are useless.. Well, at least it prevents the lower-quality bots somewhat and killing the flax pickers is simply a way for players to vent their frustration on a common enemy...

(4)There will be no end to the bots unless Jagex does what they did to RSC and close the game to new players. No matter how advanced Jagex's detection systems get there will be no end to this problem because of hackers like you who either think they can "train" their Java skills on this game or are so incredibly lazy that they have to spoil the game for others so that they can get stuff without any effort.

(5)These hackers will always find a way, no matter what, to cheat. Therefore, as long as human greed and laziness(this includes not just the hacker puppies but the Chinese sweatshop owners and the noobs who buy gold from them) exists, then this problem shall persist. Thus, I see no end in sight my friends unless Jagex can really kill off all real-world item trading and ban all the hacker puppy's mains.

(6)So, off-topic, scorpia or whatever your name is go find a poor noob lvl 10's account to hack and stop harassing people for expressing their opinions.

1. If you're going to attack him, don't post here, this post isn't a chance for you to make pot-shots at him for cheating. He stopped, and owned up to it, there is absolutely no reason why you should come in and say something like that.

2. last time i checked, disagreeing with people isn't flaming. Don't get all "MeEH YOU DON"T OWN ANYTHING! U DIDN"T BUY IT! BLAH OWNZ IT" on us...it doesn't give anything to the discussion, it's just kind of annoying. All he's doing is commenting on what people say.

3. Thing is, we have pleanty of these randoms, and they are effective against these low quality bots. We don't need more of these "random" suggestions, that would seem to work, but don't. I don't know much about macros, but i know they do have the ability to easily recognize colors, and can script things for randoms.

4. Yes, the macros won't stop...cool, we agree. Except there was absolutely no need for you to flame him like that at the end. You flaming him like this, is the EXACT equivalent to say...an alcoholic who has come out with his problem, and you ranting about how people like him ruin life, or even someone who is gay, coming out, and you taking the opportunity to say how bad they are.

5. Huzzah! You didn't say something insulting! Woo, agree.

6. That is extremely unacceptable. Did you not read:

I've been cheating in RuneScape for over 4 years, although I stopped after creating my latest main
? Guess not. Why do you have to assume that he is an awful person, and hacks people. Why do you have to assume that he is such a bad person, for disagreeing with people. Short answer: You don't.

Overall, i think i'd be pretty steamed too if people blatantly say i hope you get banned in my thread, that doesn't have to do with that. I think this is a very good post, and well thought out. If i actually may make a comment of my own, i'd say that i read once somewhere on how jagex bans these macros...They register the accounts that use illegal 3rd party software, via their programs, and flag them. Then they come back and ban them. I agree with whoever said this in saying that it would make things a lot easier if they just auto-banned them. Though i'm not sure this is the system, and if it is, that's probably pretty tricky :XD:

Sorry to Uno if i came out somewhat harsh possibly, but some of those comments were out of line.

~Dalcyte

Cheating for 4 years is a long time. You're the one man I;ve seen to actually admit to it in the open. That's suprising, to be honest. Even though you do claim to be an ex-cheater, you are still liable to be banned... Like I said, 4 years is a long time. I doubt Jagex would very much think twice about locking all of your accounts. :? You seem to believe you're free from this bannable offence because you "quit". That's really like saying a murderer can get away with his crime if he hides for 40 years without hurting so much as a fly. It just doesn't work like that. Honestly, I believe you should be banned from Runescape. I might sound harsh, but it's just simple facts here.. Yes, you stopped cheating. Good job. But did you cheat before? Yes. And this isn't a minor offence.. This is 4 years of cheating you've admitted to... Jagex can't just let that slide.

Now to adress what you seem to be claiming here... You're saying the Runescape market would crash without macroers. I honestly don't see how that matters at all.

The Runescape market was made by players, and is changed by players. Prices aren't set in stone, and have to go by it all the time. I could go out and sell a phat for 1k if I wanted to (and had one). Or I could sell it for 1bil. That doesn't matter. Macroers do not matter. Macroers are cheaters... Cheaters who are too damn lazy to play a game themselves, and greedy for pixels for whatever reason. Maybe they just want to get that cool santa, or shoot for a phat. Maybe they want to sell it for real world profit. Whatever they chose to do, they're choosing to cheat the game, and should be punished for it. That punishment is IP banning. That shouldn't change, or be excused for any reason. So what if the market prices change because of it? Macroers are an infestation. A plague that has riddled the yew trees, and cluttered the shops all over Runescape. What happens to plagues and infestations? They're removed. That's simply how it should be. ::'

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

In the process of editing above post. I'm forced to make a second post as my computer is going incredibly slow in submitting my edited post. Disregard the current comment.. I was too abrupt in posting it.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

How do we even know your a so called "ex-cheater"?

(1)I agree with this dude, I hope all your accounts are banned you hacker puppy!

(2)And btw.. who died and made you king(queen?) of the world? You go around attacking people for posting on "your" topic when it's not even your forum (i.e this makes it not your topic but Tip.it's)

(3)Back on topic... you say theres no point in leading flax bots to their death and random events are useless.. Well, at least it prevents the lower-quality bots somewhat and killing the flax pickers is simply a way for players to vent their frustration on a common enemy...

(4)There will be no end to the bots unless Jagex does what they did to RSC and close the game to new players. No matter how advanced Jagex's detection systems get there will be no end to this problem because of hackers like you who either think they can "train" their Java skills on this game or are so incredibly lazy that they have to spoil the game for others so that they can get stuff without any effort.

(5)These hackers will always find a way, no matter what, to cheat. Therefore, as long as human greed and laziness(this includes not just the hacker puppies but the Chinese sweatshop owners and the noobs who buy gold from them) exists, then this problem shall persist. Thus, I see no end in sight my friends unless Jagex can really kill off all real-world item trading and ban all the hacker puppy's mains.

(6)So, off-topic, scorpia or whatever your name is go find a poor noob lvl 10's account to hack and stop harassing people for expressing their opinions.

1. If you're going to attack him, don't post here, this post isn't a chance for you to make pot-shots at him for cheating. He stopped, and owned up to it, there is absolutely no reason why you should come in and say something like that.

2. last time i checked, disagreeing with people isn't flaming. Don't get all "MeEH YOU DON"T OWN ANYTHING! U DIDN"T BUY IT! BLAH OWNZ IT" on us...it doesn't give anything to the discussion, it's just kind of annoying. All he's doing is commenting on what people say.

3. Thing is, we have pleanty of these randoms, and they are effective against these low quality bots. We don't need more of these "random" suggestions, that would seem to work, but don't. I don't know much about macros, but i know they do have the ability to easily recognize colors, and can script things for randoms.

4. Yes, the macros won't stop...cool, we agree. Except there was absolutely no need for you to flame him like that at the end. You flaming him like this, is the EXACT equivalent to say...an alcoholic who has come out with his problem, and you ranting about how people like him ruin life, or even someone who is gay, coming out, and you taking the opportunity to say how bad they are.

5. Huzzah! You didn't say something insulting! Woo, agree.

6. That is extremely unacceptable. Did you not read:

I've been cheating in RuneScape for over 4 years, although I stopped after creating my latest main
? Guess not. Why do you have to assume that he is an awful person, and hacks people. Why do you have to assume that he is such a bad person, for disagreeing with people. Short answer: You don't.

Overall, i think i'd be pretty steamed too if people blatantly say i hope you get banned in my thread, that doesn't have to do with that. I think this is a very good post, and well thought out. If i actually may make a comment of my own, i'd say that i read once somewhere on how jagex bans these macros...They register the accounts that use illegal 3rd party software, via their programs, and flag them. Then they come back and ban them. I agree with whoever said this in saying that it would make things a lot easier if they just auto-banned them. Though i'm not sure this is the system, and if it is, that's probably pretty tricky :XD:

Sorry to Uno if i came out somewhat harsh possibly, but some of those comments were out of line.

~Dalcyte

Perhaps I was a little harsh, and i apologize for being so uncivil and flameing people... (I get a little rabid about people who have/had used macroers :shock: ) But my main point is, that marcoer will continue to macro, and they will find ways to macro, no matter what kind of technology Jagex implements. Causing some sort of a great depression will only hurt the business of the still legit player who play this game.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Cheating for 4 years is a long time. You're the one man I;ve seen to actually admit to it in the open. That's suprising, to be honest. Even though you do claim to be an ex-cheater, you are still liable to be banned... Like I said, 4 years is a long time. I doubt Jagex would very much think twice about locking all of your accounts. :? You seem to believe you're free from this bannable offence because you "quit". That's really like saying a murderer can get away with his crime if he hides for 40 years without hurting so much as a fly. It just doesn't work like that. Honestly, I believe you should be banned from Runescape. I might sound harsh, but it's just simple facts here.. Yes, you stopped cheating. Good job. But did you cheat before? Yes. And this isn't a minor offence.. This is 4 years of cheating you've admitted to... Jagex can't just let that slide.

Now to adress what you seem to be claiming here... You're saying the Runescape market would crash without macroers. I honestly don't see how that matters at all.

The Runescape market was made by players, and is changed by players. Prices aren't set in stone, and have to go by it all the time. I could go out and sell a phat for 1k if I wanted to (and had one). Or I could sell it for 1bil. That doesn't matter. Macroers do not matter. Macroers are cheaters... Cheaters who are too damn lazy to play a game themselves, and greedy for pixels for whatever reason. Maybe they just want to get that cool santa, or shoot for a phat. Maybe they want to sell it for real world profit. Whatever they chose to do, they're choosing to cheat the game, and should be punished for it. That punishment is IP banning. That shouldn't change, or be excused for any reason. So what if the market prices change because of it? Macroers are an infestation. A plague that has riddled the yew trees, and cluttered the shops all over Runescape. What happens to plagues and infestations? They're removed. That's simply how it should be. ::'

I think you misunderstand me. I have six mains, four of them are banned. After a little over four years and burning through four mains, I decided to stop jeopardizing the real work I put into my mains by no longer cheating. I have, through the course of several years, cheated, and been banned because of my slip-ups. If you want to get high-and-mighty and go judge and jury on my [wagon], feel free, but don't expect me to praise you for stating the obvious. Cheating is wrong. Boo hoo. My current work in RuneScape is entirely legitimate, and you have no grounds for dissing it. If I was still cheating, why would I be on a legitimate RS forum trying to educate people about getting rid of cheaters?

I'm saying that macroers are an integral part of the RuneScape economy. Having too many or too few macroers would drastically reshape the market as we know it.

The RuneScape Market was made by players, but it is no longer dominated by players, it's dominated by macroers. That's why the market doesn't crash as long as macroers keep the balance. Remember finishing Darkness of Hallowvale when Drezel (if I got his name right) told you about the Guthixian Edicts? Things have to be in balance: too few macroers and the price of common goods skyrockets, creating a lucrative market for skillers, and, you guessed it: gold farmers and macroers. Too many macroers and the price of common goods would plummet, allowing easy access to goods for lower levels and low-skilled players, who would raise the price of items by creating demand for them. However, if macroing were to run unchecked, then the price of common goods would crash, nullifying any real cash value of RS GP, and removing the incentive that drives macroers and gold farmers to doing what they do. However, since players and Jagex both try to fight macroers and gold farmers by making their job harder, but not making their job impossible, macroers can still make a living, and they will simply flourish even more because the harder it is for them to make GP, the higher the USD-to-GP price will be, and the more they'll be driven to macro.

Like I said, it all balances out.

Your rants are an unnecessary waste of space. Refer back to previous:

Cheating is wrong. Boo hoo.

Also, Jagex doesn't IP ban. Yes, macroers are a plague, but they aren't being removed. Their job is being made temporarily harder by mediocre stumbling blocks that Jagex pops out every once in a while, like a new random.

Ex-cheater.