Gielinor Tribune: 10th Edition (Oct. 13th) - NEWEST -

unorclan

TGTsupsig.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 13th, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gielinor Tribune is the oldest Player-made Runescape Newspaper on Tip.it (Tip.it Times does not count). We've been working hard since May 2007 (the first opening) to make the best RS Newspaper out there and to always keep our reader's expectations.

1. Gielinor Tribune News by Book(GT Manager)

2. An Amazing Month by Randox

3. Blah! by Moneyman6369

4. Part 3-Story: Always a Bigger Fish by Andufus

5. Comics by Dkw0101

6. History of the Gielinor Tribune by Book(unorclan)

7. Imponderables by Book(unorclan)

8. The Drunken Dwarf's Tip.iter Pick! by Yours Truly

9. Gielinor Tribune Accepting Guest Articles

10. Gielinor Tribune Staff List

~ Part One: Gielinor Tribune News by Book

Gielinor Tribune Celebrating our 10th Edition!

As you might of already noticed, this is our amazing, double-digits, 10th edition! Everyone at the Gielinor Tribune is very proud and happy to have been able to produce 10 editions for all our readers to enjoy and we hope to be able to continue doing it as long as possible.

Since it is our Double-Digits Edition you'll find some plenty of information about the history of the Gielinor Tribune and all about us. Hope you find it interesting and enjoyable. Thanks.

- Book(Unorclan)

Gielinor Tribune Manager

~ Part Two: An Amazing Month by Randox

The month of October looks like it might be one of the best (update wise), we have seen in a while. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get me wrong, we have already had some incredible releases, the most notable of which is the God Wars Dungeon. I have to say that October is always a good month because it has a holiday event in it, the first in a series of 3. The Halloween event takes place only about 2 months after school has started for the year (in most of the world), and about 2 months after that we have the Christmas event. Then, after a slightly longer break, we have the Easter event, which will mark the end of the holiday event series for the next 6 months. But thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s for later; first I am here to discuss that which has already been released upon us.

The Behind the Scenes Part:

The first part of this is the customary monthly graphics update. This time to edgeville, which any Abyssal Rune Crafters along with many of our Tip.It readers, will be familiar with. I had a quick browse through there while I was on my way to the monastery from the canoe station (I was doing rat pits quest). It does look nice and was well done. You have to admit that RuneScape graphics leave something to be desired, but no one can do with Java, what the people at Jagex HQ can do with Java.

Next up, is the biggest update of the month, the shops. This may not actually hurt autoers, which I felt was implied by the way this announcement was written, but it does negate the immediate effects of those pesky bots who continually buy out all the stock in certain shops. The shops that were most being affected by this were rune shops. Now almost every shop (there are a few exceptions), has an unlimited stock of certain items. To go along with this, the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åbuy-xÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Good read, but there is one thing I'd like to throw in...

Lets now bring OnyxTimes into the picture. This was yet another newspaper...excuse me...portal created by Skill_caster. At first the Gielinor Tribune viewed this portal as a threat, competition, whatever you want to call it. But soon, and quickly, we saw that it posessed the strength to succeed unlike the many other newspapers popping up around us. Junka and Skill_caster talked and they decided to join forces in order to be the best. Ha! That didn't last long. Unknown to me, we, for some reason, broke bonds with the OnyxTimes and yes, they vanished.

1st of all, it started as a newspaper. It was created on the same day as the Gielinor Tribune, so I hope you are not trying to imply anyone copied anyone.

Secondly, Skill_Caster(lets just call him Skill from here on out) decided to join forces with you guys, and it went well for about a week. Then when you guys broke ties, the OnyxTimes did vanish, and then it became Project Onyx. Skill liked the idea of a portal better than a newspaper anyways.

Then, Project Onyx died, I think because Skill took a break from RS. He is just now getting back from his break.

Not really making a big deal out of this, just wanted to clarify a little bit. Other than that, great job :)

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Nice newspaper, but your sig is gross.

What's wrong with his signature?

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Lets now bring OnyxTimes into the picture. This was yet another newspaper...excuse me...portal created by Skill_caster. At first the Gielinor Tribune viewed this portal as a threat, competition, whatever you want to call it. But soon, and quickly, we saw that it posessed the strength to succeed unlike the many other newspapers popping up around us. Junka and Skill_caster talked and they decided to join forces in order to be the best. Ha! That didn't last long. Unknown to me, we, for some reason, broke bonds with the OnyxTimes and yes, they vanished.

1st of all, it started as a newspaper. It was created on the same day as the Gielinor Tribune, so I hope you are not trying to imply anyone copied anyone.

Secondly, Skill_Caster(lets just call him Skill from here on out) decided to join forces with you guys, and it went well for about a week. Then when you guys broke ties, the OnyxTimes did vanish, and then it became Project Onyx. Skill liked the idea of a portal better than a newspaper anyways.

Then, Project Onyx died, I think because Skill took a break from RS. He is just now getting back from his break.

Not really making a big deal out of this, just wanted to clarify a little bit. Other than that, great job :)

Thanks for clearing that up :) Plus, not to intend to insult, but, the OnyxTimes was the actual first newspaper. We released during the time you had your planning topic out, making us technically the first newspaper.

tipitsig.png

Thanks for clearing that up :) Plus, not to intend to insult, but, the OnyxTimes was the actual first newspaper. We released during the time you had your planning topic out, making us technically the first newspaper.

Lol, thats what you say. I say otherwise. But we've had this disagreement for a while now, no biggy.

I didn't throw in all that extra detail because the article wasn't about OynxTimes/Project Oynx ::'

Anyways...moving on. Hope everyone enjoys the edition

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Great work guys!

Just one thing, on the Imponderables.

There are 13 in a Baker's Dozen since bakers would include an extra roll of bread if you bought 12. So 13 came to be known as a Baker's Dozen.

Either that or they can't count :P (No offense to the actually Bakers reading this).

Of course :) Great article, btw, excluding that little issue.

onyxdtribunecomparisonlt5.png

Err... did you just prove yourself wrong?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Hmmm, I think he did prove himself wrong.

Anyways, we are sorry that there was no Interview this time. We do try but it didn't go through in time for this addition. We migth be able to include 2 interviews in our next addition, but no promises, there are other things going on at the moment that may mean that we just let that go.

Anyways, it's good to see people still enjoy what were doing. As always we (or at leat myself) had as much fun putting this together as you do reading it. I am also happy to see that the advertisments don't seem to bother people as they help us get publicity else where (we provide ad space for peole who give us ad space in return ::' )

Actualy, you can't see her underware. That bit of fabric that shows between here legs is actualy teh front of here dress. It's PG-13 enough, and I pesonaly never even noticed or thought about it untill it was pointed out.

Actualy, you can't see her underware. That bit of fabric that shows between here legs is actualy teh front of here dress. It's PG-13 enough, and I pesonaly never even noticed or thought about it untill it was pointed out.

Its still gross tho.

Nice newspaper, but your sig is gross.

What's wrong with his signature?

-.- A girl with her under ware showing, maybe?

I barely noticed, because you told me. It is just her dress though.

PS>You basiclly have to be studying that picture to see that TBH...

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

funny how the conversation shifted from a newspaper to a girl's underwear... and skill, according to your pic, it says the tribune was posted 5 DAYS before you posted your newspaper...

i think that he was showing the date of the planning thread, where junka was recruiting for the Tribune.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

funny how the conversation shifted from a newspaper to a girl's underwear... and skill, according to your pic, it says the tribune was posted 5 DAYS before you posted your newspaper...

I know, it was a mistake, I forgot to upload the second half of it. That was there planning topic, NOT their first issue.

tipitsig.png

I know, it was a mistake, I forgot to upload the second half of it. That was there planning topic, NOT their first issue.

Holy crap people move on, who cares anyways? we're still the best, deal with it. :D

and stop the crap about my sig...i've gotten rid of it on all my post on this thread just to make you people happy.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Jeez, give it up already. It doesn't matter. Anyway, who's saying that having an edition done makes it the 1st anyway? Too many variables...makes my head hurt :XD:

Anyway, I didn't like how you kinda demonized us in your paper, ok, portal.

Anyway, we have made 10 whopping editions! :D Let's give ourselves a pat on the back \:D/

userbarunorbv1.png