What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Saw Scott Pilgrim. Easily my favourite 2010 movie so far... actually, I'm not sure I've actually watched any 2010 movies bar this. Hm.

On my to-do list: Inception, Predators, The Expendables.

Also watching season 1 of Carnivale. Which is awesome.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I would have thought Scott Pilgrim would do great in the box office since it has really broad appeal and is a decent date movie. Expendables isn't really a date movie (though for whatever reason, people found it a good idea to take their kids)...

Then again, I'll admit, me and my friends go to the quiet theater on the north side while my dad thinks that by going to the theater at the bad part of town it's just as good as being at the good side. Never had a problem at the north side theater. The south side theater is where everyone yells, screams, jokes around, and is generally an idiot and ruins the movie for everyone else.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I think the problem with Scott Pilgrim is Michael Cera. He's a decent actor, sure, but his voice really annoys me and I've never liked a movie I've seen him in.

I'm essentially the opposite. I haven't seen a movie with him in it I DON'T like.

I saw Predators and The Expendables last night. Predators was good, though one thing bugged me about it. The Expendables was good, too.

[spoiler=Spoiler]What bugged me in Predators was the new Predator killing the old one. I know it was necessary but the old ones were so much better.

@indy, I go to movies all the time and I've never had obnoxious people in the theatre. By contrast, they stand up to leave in just about every single pirate DVD.

Well if you are getting CAMS when getting pirated DVDs you are doing it wrong, those always suck. I haven't watched one of those in years because I just can't stand them. As for never having obnoxious people in the theatre that is just impossible, though I guess it really depends on what you mean by all the time and how long you have been going to see movies.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I guess it's not impossible, it happened :grin:

The first movie I saw must have been in like 98, and I've seen a new one every month or so since. The WORST I've ever head is someone's cell phone rings for a sec before they shut it off, and even that is rare.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The box office numbers have come in.

1. Expendables

2. Eat Pray Love

3. The Other Guys

4. Inception

5. Scott Pilgrim

So I guess Scott Pilgrim is gonna turn into a niche movie, more a cult classic than a box office hit. For god's sake, it got beat out by Will Ferell and some random romance movie, and a movie that's been out for quite a few weeks.

Maybe Expendables was at the top of everyone's list this week and next week everyone will head to see Scott Pilgrim.

Expendables was a decent enough movie though and I don't think it deserves number one, but the fact it has so many action stars is the reason everyone and their brother went to see it. I personally thought that it would be one of the losers for the box office this week because it only had a certain appeal, but I saw a lot of people in the theater yesterday for it, old people, children (why their parents let them come is a question I can't answer), people dating. It has a wider appeal than Scott Pilgrim I guess, which is the opposite of what I thought. I thought Scott would have a much wider appeal to audiences.

Grave of the Fireflies

saddest animated 1:26:30 you'll ever watch.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

1. Expendables

2. Eat Pray Love

3. The Other Guys

4. Inception

5. Scott Pilgrim

So I guess Scott Pilgrim is gonna turn into a niche movie, more a cult classic than a box office hit. For god's sake, it got beat out by Will Ferell and some random romance movie, and a movie that's been out for quite a few weeks.

Maybe Expendables was at the top of everyone's list this week and next week everyone will head to see Scott Pilgrim.

Expendables was a decent enough movie though and I don't think it deserves number one, but the fact it has so many action stars is the reason everyone and their brother went to see it. I personally thought that it would be one of the losers for the box office this week because it only had a certain appeal, but I saw a lot of people in the theater yesterday for it, old people, children (why their parents let them come is a question I can't answer), people dating. It has a wider appeal than Scott Pilgrim I guess, which is the opposite of what I thought. I thought Scott would have a much wider appeal to audiences.

i saw the box office results earlier today, i was shocked expendables beat scott pilgrim. i saw both of them yesterday and scott pilgrim was great, it was witty and entertaining. in a few years the expendables will be on tv every saturday.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

1. Expendables

2. Eat Pray Love

3. The Other Guys

4. Inception

5. Scott Pilgrim

i saw the box office results earlier today, i was shocked expendables beat scott pilgrim. i saw both of them yesterday and scott pilgrim was great, it was witty and entertaining. in a few years the expendables will be on tv every saturday.

I agree. It was a fun movie, but Expendables is something FOX will be playing every week eventually. Which I actually wouldn't mind because that final scene at the mansion was just so good...I was shaking of testosterone.

I'm going to take a guess and say that Scott Pilgrim will be a cult classic. But who knows?

most recently, fargo. I was craving it to see it again after being away for two weeks in the desert.

sometimes i doubt your commitment to sparkle motion...

Too many movies on today. I flipped between Airplane! and Mr Bean's Holiday, and then Bean's Holiday and Die Hard With a Vengeance, and then Die Hard With a Vengeance and The Bourne Supremacy. To clear that up a bit...

Airplane!- great fun.

Mr Bean's Holiday- typical Bean, so I like it.

Die Hard With a Vengeance- Might be my least favourite of the Die Hards but I love them all.

The Bourne Supremacy- Another good action movie.

Watched Broken Arrow last night and The Scorpion King 2 today.. along with two movies I've already seen (The Shawshank Redemption and part of The Italian Job).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

An American Carol.

I watched it a few weeks ago. I liked it. I wouldn't have liked it if it was a pro-left movie, it's not so much pro-right (but obviously a bit). I liked it because it was making fun of Michael Moore and the whole left movement. There's very few movies like this, most movies make fun of the right.

The plot is not particulary hard hitting, but quite a lot of funny jokes and moments.

As i said, few weeks ago since i watched it so i don't remember too much, but i'd recommend it.

Holy Water

The plot sounded really funny.

But the movie... Wasn't. I had expected to rate it at a 7 after i'd seen it, but i'll give a 4. Ok if you don't have anything to do or anything else to watch+a bag of crisps, otherwise i'd not recommend it. Nothing happend, it sounded like a comedy, but it was a very dry film.

-----

I might watch Icarus tonight, but the plot sounds a bit iffy. Former assasin and everything, so far great. But then you read the plot and "save his family blahblahblah". I don't want any romantic family stuff, give me some guns and bullets, chicks yes, but in biknis!

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I also recently started watching Carnivale, and I like it, but the first season dragged and made too little sense for my liking. Season 2 is about a hundred times better and I'm only four episodes in.

Been on a TV binge lately. I've now seen all of Six Feet Under, almost all of Carnivale, and the first seasons of Deadwood and Dexter. I really like them all, though SFU is by far my favorite.

p2gq.jpg

I also recently started watching Carnivale, and I like it, but the first season dragged and made too little sense for my liking. Season 2 is about a hundred times better and I'm only four episodes in.

Been on a TV binge lately. I've now seen all of Six Feet Under, almost all of Carnivale, and the first seasons of Deadwood and Dexter. I really like them all, though SFU is by far my favorite.

Six Feet Under is pretty decent. A really good series finale. If you want some more death related stuff then check out Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies, they both tend more towards comedy than drama though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Is Anchorman really that funny?

modmarkl.jpg

Is Anchorman really that funny?

Eh, it's one of Ferrel's best movies, but that doesn't say much. Seems like it set the tone for the rest of his movies after that.

Some foreigns I've seen recently/rewatched

Noroi: A Japanese horror filmed documentary style, I'm not one for horror in general but I found this to be pretty well done.

Old Boy (south korea): Do I even need to describe this? 10/10

OSS 117 Lost in Rio and OSS 117 Cairo, Nest of Spies (France): I usually hate spoof comedies, the jokes are obvious and predictable, and the characters are complete incompetent bafoons. I was glad this wasn't the case in the OSS movies, I love them both. They're both spoofs of Bond movies, and the main actor has the best [cabbage] eating grin EVER (and his laugh)

Survive Style 5+ (Japan): I don't know how to describe this one aside from good, it's filmed sort of like Pulp Fiction (5 different stories inter mix), it's got some laughs and the end is really great and I'd even say heart warming.

A man continually trying and failing to get his wife to stay dead; a self-absorbed ad agency creative director who comes up with one unworkably inane idea after another; a Brittish hitman who only wants to know everyone's function in life; and an unfortunate office worker and father whose brain is left scrambled after a stage hypnotist is murdered in mid-performance. Starting off as unrelated plot lines, they intertwine with each other as they continue on their respective ways.

Taegukgi AKA Brotherhood [of war] (South Korean): It's pretty much the South Korean Saving Private Ryan, except filmed about the Korean war. It's a great movie and turned me on to South Korean movies

The Good, The Bad, The Weird (South Korea): Insanely fun, wasn't a boring moment in it. Here's a gif from it that I love

9runw3.gif

The story of three Korean outlaws in 1940s Manchuria and their rivalry to possess a treasure map while being pursued by the Japanese army and Chinese bandits.

Dellamorte Dellamore (Italy): A movie about a man who lives in a grave yard and works as the caretaker. This graveyard however is special, the dead come back to life at night. What I love about this movie is it's no big deal to the main character, it's pretty much routine at this point. It gets more interesting and really reminds me of Army of Darkness, and the main character even looks like Ash.

Kung Fu Hustle (China):

In Shanghai, China in the 1940s, a wannabe gangster aspires to join the notorious "Axe Gang" while residents of a housing complex exhibit extraordinary powers in defending their turf.

A perfect mix of kung fu and comedy (really good comedy), and I usually do like martial arts type stuff.

Flame and Citron (France): What I think Inglourious Basterds SHOULD have been.

A drama centered on two fighters in the Holger Danske World War II resistance group.

Based on real guys

And one of the best for last:

Tropa de Elite AKA Elite Squad (Brazil):

1997, Captain Nascimento has to find a substitute for his occupation while trying to take down drug dealers and criminals before the Pope comes to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

It's about Brazil's elite force (The BOPE) that takes down drug lords in the favelas, it's really great. It shows how corrupt the Brazilian police is and how brutal the BOPE can be.

yes.png

The Devil Wears Prada

lololololololol pretty good movie. seen it before

modmarkl.jpg

I want to see Dead Snow, but God I hate subtitles. If I have to read the movie, even when the movie is in English anyway, my eye is always drawn to the bottom of the screen no matter what and I miss the whole thing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.