level 3 treasure trails

Treasure trails is entirly random and impossible to predict....i've gonna on streaks of 25-30 clues with less then 100k worth. But then again i've gone on streaks where i get 500+ on 4 out of 5 clues.

My Best Rewards: 3rd Age Range legs, 2 Robin hood hats, and a ton of god trimmed rune armour

Jesus_Statuz.png

I used to do them nonstop, and the most common was a bunch of runes, a rune item or two, then maybe some ores or bars. You are basically guaranteed a rune item, so worst case was usual around 50k for me. I probably did some number in the hundreds, but my best drop was only like a zammy plate, which was something like 1.5m at the time. God pages weren't too uncommon which was cool, along with that ugly trimmed (t4) or something I can't remember.

Anyway, I really wanted 3rd age, but don't regret it. Treasure Trails are really fun for me, I love killing things to get them (I killed Jellies mostly, great experience!) and I love solving the clues. You are guaranteed a reward, so while it's disappointing getting no really valuable items, it's worth the time.

I look forward to hearing other people's experiences.

Dang man, all you guys are talking about level 3 clues? Anyway I just did my first clue (level 3 clue from abbys) and I got runes and junk. But I'm cool, I decided I'm going to screenshot every TT I do until I get something nice.

I've done 30 clues in 7 weeks now, mainly because I'm getting slay to 85 asap.

I've leveled 6 levels so far (halfway to 82 atm) and I get a clue almost every assignment (if the mobs drop clues ofc ;))

This is the best ones I got, all +500k

2ewmzib.jpg

mvthkp.jpg

nedwjt.jpg

2prem2s.jpg

2n1w5rl.jpg

20aapds.jpg

I guess this gives you 20% chance of getting a 500k+ reward :) not bad if u ask me for 15mins of work

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

*stares at Judas's clue rewards*

Oh wow, I would love to be that lucky.

I've been slaying lately too and keeping a log of my clue scrolls. Out of the last 20 level 3 scrolls...

None had a total reward of over 1 mil.

1 was over 500k.

2 were between 200 and 500k.

5 were between 100 and 200k.

7 were between 50 and 100k

The remaining 5 had rewards worth less than 50k.

All rewards were priced at mid G.E. price using the price checker.

So, with my statistics (and terrible luck) I've got about a 1 in 20, or 5% chance of getting a reward of over 500k.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Wrong. Its all luck. There isnt a 20% chance you'll get a clue worth 500k or more. Or any % for that matter. I haven't gotten any thing good in my clues for a while.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Wrong. Its all luck. There isnt a 20% chance you'll get a clue worth 500k or more. Or any % for that matter. I haven't gotten any thing good in my clues for a while.

Wrong? How can you say it's wrong? It's pure math: I did 30 clues and got 5-6 +500k rewards so that makes 20% chance of a good drop for me?

I will repost my stats after 100 clues, but now I did 6 more in the meantime and guess what: 2 more rewards of +500k...

The others were rubbish hardly hitting 75k value. But: the zammy body sold 1.561Mil, so is that worth the efforts?

Definately!

2ee8vmh.jpg

Zammy body sold over 1.5 mil here :)

oizt5w.jpg

Here total inventory was worth 910k, so CptBaker, I don't get your point :)

I will keep doing these, even if you get 10 in a row with rewards that are only worth 50k or something, it's still worth risking your chance, no?

The average clue takes me 15-20minutes, so I don't know.

Having a decent chance to get 1mil in 20 minutes seems fair enough, especially since cluehunting ain't as boring as non-stop woodcutting or merching...

SOJ

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Wrong? How can you say it's wrong? It's pure math: I did 30 clues and got 5-6 +500k rewards so that makes 20% chance of a good drop for me?

I will repost my stats after 100 clues, but now I did 6 more in the meantime and guess what: 2 more rewards of +500k...

The others were rubbish hardly hitting 75k value. But: the zammy body sold 1.561Mil, so is that worth the efforts?

Definately!

SOJ

What it is that in those clues, 20% of them gave you a reward of 500k+. You can do 100 more and the % can either go up or down. I doubt it will stay the same for the lifetime of clues that you do. I bet if you included those 30 clues and the 5-6 rewards with the 100 more you do the % won't stay the same.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

No ofc not, as I said it's pure math. I got 20% very good rewards, so who says someone else wouldn't get about the same chances of good rewards?

I do realize it's still random, and yes: I've gotten rubbish rewards but that's just how the dice rolls.

Anyway, you won't get extremely rich of doing clues but I do belive it's a nice adding of some gp's a week if u do 'em.

I think they're great fun and treasurehunting acts as a break from slaying :)

Best reward I've ever gotten was ranger boots from a level 2, and really all levels are just totally random though I usually break about 100k a clue with no unique rewards.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

There random.

The last good level 3 reward I got was over 40 clues ago. The last lot have all been about 100k each.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I only remember my last 2 level 3 clues.

First: 1 rune gold helmet and zamorak plateskirt, rune c'bow and some minor things I don't recall.

Last: rune battleaxe, 16 purple candy, saradomin page x and some runes.

On average I think level 3 clues are worth doing, especially puzzles (I love puzzles :mrgreen: ) are a nice variation to things. The rewards usually are 50K+ so 'least you get something.

To me, Level 1 clues are the frustrating ones. I usually only do them when on my farming runs to not waste extra teles and time on them. Level 1 clue rewards can actually be as low as 1k, although black gold armour is fair you have to be lucky.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Well to be honoust I never spent a second on Level 1/2 clues. Simply because I usually don't kill low creatures except maybe the banshees & aberrants, but I never bother doing those clues. First of all: I'm too lazy to buy all the items needed for the emote action things.

Like u got one something like 'do a raspberry in fishing guild while wearing blue chaps,r warhammer & elemental shield'.

I got a bank-section with all clue-like things and simply can't be bothered to get more of these items to get 20k rewards in the end :s

Dunno if it's worth for lower cb-leveled players do actually do these clues? :rolleyes:

You guys are soooo lucky! i've just about killed 100 Blue Dragon's with rune hally and have not gotten ONE Clue scroll..... Kinda pisses me off but am i doing something wrong or something?!

You did 100 blue dragons? And you expect to get a clue already?

I've been slaying 50k Slaying xp every single day in a row. I've done 112 assignments non-stop this month, so I've gotten alot of clues.

But don't expect to get a clue every 100 kills. If you're lucky you get one every assignment (where the assigned creatures are clue droppers, otherwise you won't get a chance ofcourse :mrgreen: ).

An assignment can vary from 55 iron dragons to 192 fire giants.

Not every creature is a clue dropper and not every clue dropper will 100% drop a clue per assignment.

Am I lucky coz I got 38 clues out of 112 assignments? Not sure, but I don't think so.

I'm not a clue hunter, I'm not killing mobs for clue scrolls. I'm killing mobs to get slay XP & the clue drops are just a nice extra.

Nothing more. Just don't think about clues and you will got one in the end.

Good luck!

Well, in my last 10 or so clues, the best I've gotten is 2 zammy pages, not in the same clue obviously.

I'd guess you get a rare reward item about 1:20. Usually when I get a rare reward I notice I get a lot of puzzle boxes during the clue, but I can't say for sure that that guarantees a rare item. I've had a clue before with 3 puzzle boxes and the reward sucked.

Lagatag.png

You guys are soooo lucky! i've just about killed 100 Blue Dragon's with rune hally and have not gotten ONE Clue scroll..... Kinda pisses me off but am i doing something wrong or something?!

You did 100 blue dragons? And you expect to get a clue already?

I've been slaying 50k Slaying xp every single day in a row. I've done 112 assignments non-stop this month, so I've gotten alot of clues.

But don't expect to get a clue every 100 kills. If you're lucky you get one every assignment (where the assigned creatures are clue droppers, otherwise you won't get a chance ofcourse :mrgreen: ).

An assignment can vary from 55 iron dragons to 192 fire giants.

Not every creature is a clue dropper and not every clue dropper will 100% drop a clue per assignment.

Am I lucky coz I got 38 clues out of 112 assignments? Not sure, but I don't think so.

I'm not a clue hunter, I'm not killing mobs for clue scrolls. I'm killing mobs to get slay XP & the clue drops are just a nice extra.

Nothing more. Just don't think about clues and you will got one in the end.

Good luck!

Makes sense :D Thanks!

Oro

I find all clues of every level fun and worth it. From I would be very sure would be atlesat 80+ lvl 3 clues my best reward was a saradomin plate which I sold fo 1.8m.

Once when I was low on cash I killed men in edgeville for a week, picked up the herbs and did the clues. I made 10m because I got items like flared trousers twice in the same day and gold trimmed wizard so I think they are VERY worth it! (bad grammar?)

Overall whether I get a good reward or not there fun and get me excited. :-D

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

Well i just got a 1.3m (sara kite) for a 5 minute clue.. Seems alright for little effort. I tend to do all clues now since i've unlocked every area apart from Fishing Guild.

its hit and miss... If a clue takes an hour and get 50k, it seems like a waste. WIthout taking opportunity cost into account, you have nothing to lose from doing them.