Tip.It Times: Dagganoth kings and more!

Eeeeediot

This week's version of the Tip.It times has been released. Feel free to have a read and post your comments or have a discussion on this topic.

Dagganoth kings and more!

oddfaery2

This week, Jagex brought us the first dragon weapon that is obtained by a drop, and also, the first dragon item used for non-combat skills; namely the dragon axe. Those hoping for some new dragon armour were gravely disappointed. Aside from the hardcore woodcutters, most people were let down by the dragon axe. It...

Click here to read the rest of the article

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call; that was meant as the first NPC-specific drop. That is, only the dagannoth kings drop the dragon axe, whereas many many NPCs of much lower level drop spear.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Mages aren't allowed to complain about this weapon. It can't be protected, costs 4 or so mil, and it can be totally circumvented. You guys didn't get a NERF like rangers and melees.

Mages face the risk of getting seercull'ed

Melees and Rangers face the risk of getting tangled and bound

Melees face the risk of not being able to attack or move at all

Rangers face the risk of the abyssal whip and no way to get away from melees

All I have to say in the defense of the Ranger/Warrior...

HA! Now you can't freeze me.

Well in truth was it really fair to introduce a special that can hit up to 30 twice in a row, at 8 different intervals? Was it fair to introduce spells that could hit up to 30 whilst binding for extended periods of time?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Aren't dragon legs NPC specific? (metal dragons...)

Anyways, I'm going to read it now...

Dragon legs are a weapon?

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Mages aren't allowed to complain about this weapon. It can't be protected, costs 4 or so mil, and it can be totally circumvented. You guys didn't get a NERF like rangers and melees.

When a ranger is entangled they can still hit back on a rather defenseless mage (mystic robes provide no defense from range or melee). When a melee is entangled they are able to move within seconds. Lowering stats lasts for a very long time in comparison.

The point is that if a melee or range has their attack/range lowered, they can still use their weapons, they just don't hit nearly as well. If you lower magic on somebody, they can't even cast anything they were carrying the runes for, unless they brought low level stuff too, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

So for range/melee, your ability to use an attack is dependent of your base level, whereas your ability to cast spells is dependent on your modified level.

Lastly, I can complain about whatever I want... nobody says you have to have the same opinion. My reasons are justified.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Good article. The thing i enjoyed most, though, is about the super restore pot. That's really sweet, I should go try obtaining some of those :)

oilertaych6.gif

[Admin Edit: Religious text Not permitted]

~108 combat~

5.9k dusties killed / dragon chain :D

ah well.. jagex probaly knows what their doing.

i think the daganoths are great.. they add a more strategic part to the game, which gives more variaty

and for the axe... make it lvl 60 instead of 41.. whatever they say

Mud l00ks g00d

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

True, it looks more like a guide to me :D , but who cares?

I agree, make the axe need 61 Woodcutting! Perhaps noobies will completely stop spamming the weapon and the item discussion forum of RS... :roll:

10y3vig.png

proudtitan.png

Aren't dragon legs NPC specific? (metal dragons...)

Anyways, I'm going to read it now...

Dragon legs are a weapon?

Yes they are. Equip no weapon, use Kick, and voila! You've got yourself D Legs as a weapon :P

Very informative news, again :P

Bring the next one on, its always great to read it :)

Don't go telling everybody about the super restore pots! I don't want snapdragon seed prices to go up.

Restoring 25 prayer is false, they restore prayer similarly to prayer pots. For me super restore pots recover 21 prayer points, and prayer pots recover 20 prayer points (53 prayer). It's 22 and 21 respectively while holding the holy wrench.

Beigo.png

lol i guess everyone else noticed that d spears are monster drops too o a stat restore pot isnt that big of a deal to bring u get 3 drinks a ranger only gets 1 special

CnConrad - RIP 10-12-07

1650+ Total lvl Pre-Summoning

106 Cb lvl Pre-Summoning

Quest Cape Pre-Summoning

9ab2a6cefd.png

Thats a very well written article and guide to killing the dag kings.

The bit about the super restores is good to know. It just doubled my supply of pray pots and to me seems a lot more useful for barrow runs as it cures the special problems produced by ahrim and karil. Just for that bit of info you get a BIG THUMBS UP. :lol:

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

When a ranger is entangled they can still hit back on a rather defenseless mage (mystic robes provide no defense from range or melee). When a melee is entangled they are able to move within seconds. Lowering stats lasts for a very long time in comparison.

The point is that if a melee or range has their attack/range lowered, they can still use their weapons, they just don't hit nearly as well. If you lower magic on somebody, they can't even cast anything they were carrying the runes for, unless they brought low level stuff too, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

So for range/melee, your ability to use an attack is dependent of your base level, whereas your ability to cast spells is dependent on your modified level.

Lastly, I can complain about whatever I want... nobody says you have to have the same opinion. My reasons are justified.

Did mages lose the only way to get kills and damn them to be the weakest of the three classes even until today?

Did mages get a two consecutive nerfs to the two strongest weapons they had making it even harder for them to get kills?

When a melee gets entangled, you can just auto an ice spell and they aren't going to have enough chances to hit you to kill you. when you freeze a ranger, you can just run away out of their range and not have another worry.

The seercull still isn't going to get any exposure in the wilderness until it gets into the lower hundred k price.

While it might be wrong to tell you you have no right to complain, your reasons are very baseless.

Shadow raises good points. Every Ancient mage I see in the wilderness is NEVER a pure mage. They will almost always be toting a whip to beat rangers or meleers who pray against magic and rune armor if their target gets unfrozen. You will never be left without an offense and a defence if you learn to PK as a hybrid.

Secondly, no IDIOT would take the Seercull to PK. First off, like Shadow mentioned, is the price. Too impractical for something you can't protect. Secondly, you use a whole Special Bar to have a *chance* to hit, say, a 20? What's saying you won't hit a 0 or a 1? Also, the speed; why do you think you never see people PKing with a Crystal bow.

So point being, even if by some lucky chance you happen to find someone PKing with a Seercull, get your magic lowered so you can't Ice barrage, it's your fault for not knowing how to PK.

Melee/Ancient mage hybrids will have no problem getting around the Seercull special.

all we need now is a dragon pik and dragon hammer (smithing) lolz

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

imagin a dragon plate, with wings and everythingin the back lol,the draong legs should have a dragon tail on it as well,

anyways, yeah, i was pretty disappointed with the d axe, but, it looks like the end of a hally, except more curved

Don't go telling everybody about the super restore pots! I don't want snapdragon seed prices to go up.

Restoring 25 prayer is false, they restore prayer similarly to prayer pots. For me super restore pots recover 21 prayer points, and prayer pots recover 20 prayer points (53 prayer). It's 22 and 21 respectively while holding the holy wrench.

Wouldn't know, all the detailing about super restore pots was an edit.

Shadow2290, obviously you have some issues with range updates... you're getting just a weeee bit worked up lol. The seercull bow won't change how I PK (which is a rare event in itself), and I really have nothing against the spec. I just don't like that having mage level lowered keeps me from casting spells. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if getting your range level lowered (which as far as I know can only be done by an NPC anyway) kept you from using magic bow.

Keeping a restore pot in the inventory isn't that much of a hassle for non-hybrids anyway...

tipitcrewex8.jpg