Tip.It Times Presents: The Rares Market

oddfaery2

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

The Rares Market

Duke Freedom

When people talk about RuneScapeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s economy, you just know the word ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅrareÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank You, Duke Freedom, that was both informative and interesting. I also enjoyed the graphs. A job well done! :D

When you are learning, you are growing. If you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, you die. Train hard, eat fried chicken, and take a one-a-day. (And cook that broccoli 'til it's yella and pour cheese all over it)

slowmethusel.png

during the 30m period of half wines, i was talking to my mate about it, he didnt have a clue they were soo expensive. a few days later, he told me a mate of his who had quit, cant remember name, had 42 of these half wines stored in his disused bank.

i got a free wine for making him a fortune, which i sold for 33.2m.

welll thats about it, and btw, duke freedom, WOW, upmost respect to you.

he told me a mate of his who had quit, cant remember name, had 42 of these half wines stored in his disused bank.

Yeah, I heard similiar stories like this (one person owning like 50 of them) and I think I know who it is. If it's true, this was probably also the main reason why half wines went down so much after their peak.

Thanks for all the positive reactions :).

An awesome article. I remember that one Dec. year when Santas were normally 600k, then went to 900k just on X mas. Lol, and right after I read the article, I checked the Rares forum on RS and the red masks jumped like 2 mil+. I'm so angry, I had to settle for 11.8 for one instead of the 8.7 I wanted yesterday... :x

61784167.jpg

Great article, Duke.

It's amazing how much people will pay for a silly colored hat...... :shock:

My former mentality completely! I used to make it a point not to own rares and get everything from skills, but finally caved after I got 85 slayer and had WAY more gp than I could use at once.

Rares are a good "investment" if you have the gp stocked up and aren't going to be using it. I'd never go crazy and put all my effort into making gp for a phat, but if I had 80m saved up and nothing to use it on, I'd definitely buy one just to sit in my bank for a while.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

500 million for a phat at the end of the year...

Who is going to pay cash for that? :?

Thats a pretty exclusive market.

Those things only have value if somebody is willing to trade cash for them or the items they offer up in trade.

I think phats will increase until a point that nobody can break into the market and then theyll just be exchanged around by phat merchants until they crash.

They'll crash back some when the merchants want to liquidate them to get new exclusive stuff if Jagex comes out with lots of new desireables at once. (e.g. Lvl 80 equipment)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Back when I ran a jewelry company, I made like 2.6 million in profits. I wanted to invest it for Christmas, so I bought 16 Santa Hats (back when they were 200k each). Oh man, too bad I got my account stolen...that could have been over a hundred million. Meh, at least I got my stats back.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

What do u think about the pumpkin's price ? It is worth around 2mil atm, do u thing it's price will increase and when ? In my opinion the pumpkin should be the most valuable rare, it was the first rare drop in the game, it is eat-able so lots have eaten which makes it even more rare the problem is that it's not wieldable like phats and masks...

Tell me what u think.

Another enjoyable article.

Good Job, Mr. Freedom. Well thought out, well researched, and well written. I hope to see more articles from you in the future. I, being a math nerd, found you charts and analysis for future predictions very interesting. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

The Llama 79

(Insert fancy signature here.)

I think ive never hoped so much before that ones calculations turned out to be wrong :D

but i think that the smaller rares will increase maybe by 50% but not much more as after the rise of...around june 2005 they are relatively stable thus i think its better to look at the last 9 months if you want to predict the prices

dakgootje17.gif

Ex-quest-caper since combat 81

Lost due to the defence 65-requirement