Tip.It Times Presents: I hate Jagex and Jagex hates me!

Kiara_Kat

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure it's constructive! :D

I hate Jagex and Jagex hates me!

The Editor

It's starting to sound like the run up to one of those pay-per-view wrestling matches: Players vs. Jagex in a no-holds-barred grudge match!

The truth is both players and Jagex are not opposing sides but two halves of a symbiotic relationship. Take away either one and there's no game left. Without the players, RuneScape is just a bunch of pixels idling away on a server or two. Without Jagex, the players get to sit around and...

Click here to read the rest of this article.

thread has been cleaned- jaklumen

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Armagedon46disabled

i read it, and its pretty good, somthing that i usualy say when people are like wow jagex sucks they cant even maintain a game, well what i say to those people are, "your still playing it arent you?"

A decent article.

I agree with it as-is, but I'm curious about the author's opinion on Rule 8 with regard to drop trading since some opinions were given about some of the other rules.

I can agree with the rule against logging into two accounts at once and having them interact with each other. I do feel it would not be of harm to Jagex to allow the risky act "drop-trading" though.

OK, you've made some money quickly, but you haven't done it yourself. It's the difference between working for a living and having a printing press churning out $100 bills in your basement.

i'm sorry but a printing press that rolls out $100 bills would pwn. besides you have to operate the press, aint it nice how you can extend a metaphor.

That was an excellent, balanced editorial. Thanks for reminding us all and providing a little reality check.

I like the idea of jagex courtesy weekend, or omething along those lines.

[qfc][/qfc]jewelfire.png

Hmm i support this courtesy week.. nice idea... well done editor and well done tipit admins :D .

Why courtesy "week"? Why not Courtesy ALL THE TIME?

As for drop trading, this is one of those fair-and-balaced things. Each character needs to stand on his own or her own skills and talents, and drop trading (or any other interaction between characters owned by the same player) an unfair advantage.

Technically, there's no difference here for my "Main" to trade some stuff to a trusted friend, then log out, only to log back in with my 2nd account and receive that stuff.

Is it "right?" That's a tough question! I'd say the answer is "no" because it gives one of those characters an unfair advantage.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

also i find that people dont so much hate jagex in general it is a particular action of thiers that agravates people, construction costs, pure ess and the world 111 things being good example.

While jagex does indeed do a superb job in general their recent handling of various situations has been poor. Things like pure ess could have been handled much better by simply asking the gamers in a poll whether this would be acceptable to them. The split between jagex and players has grown wider over many petty things which could have easily being avoided.

Myself and several others have commented that jagex has become too profit orientated and feel that it would be good to go back to basics, it is now almost impossible to ask jagex a straight question. Instead we now have the website equivilent of "press one for banning enquiries".

Two examples here come to mind:

1.recently i was muted for a day, i recieved a message telling me i was muted but gave me no reason, puzzled i log into the "appeal a ban" section and was greeted by "congratulations there are no offences against this account" and the glorious green flag. So i dutifully sent a query (after searching the site for 30 mins to find the link) asking what was wrong. That was a month ago i have had no official explaination or apology.

2.I was trying to write an article on j-mods and p-mods in todays game, and was trying to find out the approximate ratio of player mods to players i.e 1 in every 500 players is a player mod. I searched and searched the knowledge base to no effect, i then decided to ask about in the forums where a fantasticaly briliant forum mod offered to pass on my request to jagex for me, i accepted and less than an hour later she came back to me saying sorry jagex dont know and there is apparently no way of finding out. To me this is quite important if jagex themselves dont know how many p-mods they have then it seems to pose the question what else do jagex not know about.

I close with the point that since 2001 they game has increased in players by at least 2000% however there has not been marked rise to the same scale in customer services employies

Aaron R

Adam D

Adam Z

Aidan L

Alex E

Andrew M

Andrew W

Andy W

Ben H

Ben W

Carl W

Charles J

Chris G

Chris H

Chris J

Christoph V

Conor S

Daniel B

Daryl B

Dave P

David R

Emilee M

Florian P

Frank B

Fraser P

Gary W

Gordon H

Graeme N

Guy K

Guy V

Holgar G

Ingrid J

James B

James H

Jason P

Jay V

Jesse B

John H

John S-H

Jonathan H

Kaiyan A

Karen M

Kayleigh O

Kevin B

Kris M

Lucy B

Marcello Z

Mark H

Martin F

Matthew P

Matthias P

Michael E

Michael H

Neil D

Nick A

Patrick S

Paul M

Philip K

Phillip Y

Poppy B

Rebecca O

Richard A

Rick B

Rob W

Robert M

Robin M

Ross H-H

Samantha G

Samir A

Sarah B

Sarah J

Saunders H

Simon B

Simon B

Simon P

Simeon A

Soeren H

Stephen F

Stephen W

Steve A

Tara T

Tarquin U

Tim J

Tim P

Tobias B

Toby R

Tom B

Tom M

Tom T

Vicki M

William D

Zachory A

all those names are the customer support staff. FOR OVER 200000 PEOPLE AT ANY ONE TIME!

If you went on fourms after the new quest all you saw was complaints that you need 60 mining and 40 deff. Then you had the people who were complaining that it was a stupid idea. Things like "Jagex, apperently you have run out of ideas" and "WTF im paying for this game and this is all i gt"

But i think they need a congrats because theve kept true to the update a week. Sure i get annoyed that its another quest but theve kep me playing 4 2years and they gt me hooked

Congrtz to Jagex =D>

I close with the point that since 2001 they game has increased in players by at least 2000% however there has not been marked rise to the same scale in customer services employies

[names removed to save space]

all those names are the customer support staff. FOR OVER 200000 PEOPLE AT ANY ONE TIME!

Pardon me for saying so, but do you actually work for Jagex? Because if you don't, how do you know that list is accurate? You don't. It is possible that they haven't updated their staff list in a while -- you cannot know how recent that list is. Updating staff lists and directories can't be too high on their list of priorities.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

@Last1Left

i totally agree the quest rewards are fairly good therefore it should be a hard quest i myself cannot do it due to requirements but i feel that is a good thing, something to work towards

good article, i agree... there are so many rants now in the official forums with topics like "jagex get it together!" and "jagex you ****!" i don't know, maybe they just want attention or they are stupid, because they know their thread will be locked anyways...

Byaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

newbankofrsyq0.gif

As for drop trading, this is one of those fair-and-balaced things. Each character needs to stand on his own or her own skills and talents, and drop trading (or any other interaction between characters owned by the same player) an unfair advantage.

Technically, there's no difference here for my "Main" to trade some stuff to a trusted friend, then log out, only to log back in with my 2nd account and receive that stuff.

Is it "right?" That's a tough question! I'd say the answer is "no" because it gives one of those characters an unfair advantage.

- Sligo

You make a fair point and it's well taken. Let me ask you to defend it in more detail if you don't mind.

Before we can determine what is an unfair advantage, we must determine what we consider an advantage of any kind. As the author stated, there is no "winning" this game and if there was a way to win it, wouldn't it have to do with leveling skills? Levelling skills would take longer between two avatars than it would with just one (as long as the rule forbidding logging in two accounts at once remains intact).

If the implied advantage has to do with player versus player combat, I can see where you might think a combat pure might have an advantage over other PKers because of his high-level smithing main who supports him. However, if you're dividing your time between the pure and the smither, how are you different from a combat pure with high smithing?

Finally, unfair advantages aside, I think it would be a wise business decision to adjust Rule 8 to allow drop trading. I currently don't drop trade because I prefer to avoid getting banned. Therefore I have one paid membership and a F2P avatar I haven't used in months. Remove the drop-trade clause, gain another $5 per month from me (and probably others).

I agree I mean Jagex Created this game people are complaining but there still playing sure its not the best game you can play but its sure got me hooked And For that thing common curtisy week it should be like that all the time and i dont agree with any ways of drop trading or getting things to your other accounts its a way of cheating or giving and upfair advantage I think players should just play the game the way its meant to be played And should very much thank jagex for everything they've done! And and i forgot to mention nice article this week :mrgreen: Keep up the good work Tip.it! and an Extra thanks to Jagex :mrgreen: \'

darthdudeli9.gif

being kind in runescape isn't too hard

but when you get people that constantly ask you for things it can get annoying

otherwise im willing to help

why can't more people know about tip.it and read the guides so they can stop asking stupid questions

phat_eddie.png

yhe one time i got ticked off at jagex was when they didn't update for over a week (remember by construction?). i was all "they owe us an update!!" but i realized that it was stupid to complain, because its their game, so the updates are up to them... as are rules, and mutes and banishments... so if you have a problem; tough.

i know the feeling jagex must get when people complain about the game. i personally program video games, and its really annoying when everyone complains about "graphics" and "gameplay" and "impossible bosses"...

ahh... the good old days, when 30 attack got you on the high-scores.......

An orthodox Jew and proud of it!

I support the be nice week. It doesn't mean going around giving out free stuff, it means answering questions nicely, not breaking the rules, etc. etc.

Infact, I'd support general courtesy year. Every year. 365 days of every year.

But a week would be a start, esspecially if it wasn't an annual thing.

I rather enjoyed this article. It gets right to the point. It also describes how there is no use in complaining or hating Jagex. Nicely done!

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)