Tip.It Times Presents: I hate Jagex and Jagex hates me!

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of the lanuguage section. may i remind "the editor" that when u join runescape u need to me 13 years or older. if a 8 year old bypasses it by saying he is 13 and sumone swears... its not there falt he dosent play anymore cuz mommy saw that person. he did sumthing rong by verifying the rong age.

(and for the record i dont belive in swearing being bad. i think it is a creation of anger, or stress)

that is my 2 cents.

untitled6kv7.gif

we don't hate jagex we just don't like the unfairness of the game i mean i play and my mom plays 2 and we try to log in on seperate acc on seperate computers on the same world and we cant i mean it's to seperate names owned by to seperate ppl whats up with that?

Haha, I loved that article. Sounded slightly cynical towards the players who keep complaioning, but that's what makes it spicy.

Jagex needs these rules to protect itself from lawsuits and bad publicity in the unlikely event of a player meeting up in real life with a stalker he/she met through the game. At least one of the teen journaling sites is in danger of either facing lawsuits or being shut down because of that sort of activity.

That's the one part I kept trying to explain people who can't do anything but say: 'hey this rule is stupid, and that one is useless'.

Perhaos they should pay a visit to the audit cnetre of big companies; they'll be stunned by all the 'stupid' rules and 'useless' requirements. Rules are always there because something happened that shouldn't have happened. Then the authorities make a rule, so that this wrong doing will not happen unpunished again. It's not that hard to understand, now is it? It'd be chaos and anarchy if there weren't and silly rules.

Thanks for the read Kiara!

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

yhe one time i got ticked off at jagex was when they didn't update for over a week (remember by construction?). i was all "they owe us an update!!" but i realized that it was stupid to complain, because its their game, so the updates are up to them... as are rules, and mutes and banishments... so if you have a problem; tough.

Not quite sure i can agree there, yes it's thier game but were the ones paying for it and by doing so we enter a contract with jagex. Their adverts claim "regular updates of the game" most people (wrongly) take this as once a week and so feel that when no update turns up they have been wronged, it doesnt make them stupid or immature but merely misguided.

"as are the rules, and mute and banishments"

Indeed it is up to them who they banish/mute though in the contract you take part in its says "no player will be banned/muted without the reason being given....and opportunity to appeal against offenses will also be provided".

It is therefore a matter of contract that jagex cannot ban someone because they feel like it.

In the case i made in an earlier post i was muted but no reason was given nor oppertunity to appeal the mute, in doing so they broke their legal contract with me and in doing so left themselves open to a lawsuit albeit a petty and stupid lawsuit. I could in theory claim compensation for that one days mute but of course i won't because it would be dumb.

"so if you have a problem, tough"

unfortunatly for some this is indeed true but it should not be this way. As i said it is time for jagex to go back to basics and think of ways to amend these increasingly common problems.

For those of you who have had no problems with jagex, you are lucky (or maybe i'm unlucky) and should be thankful though it does not mean the problems arn't there. If you do have a problem just remember that in their contract jagex have promised to basically look after you providing no rules are broken.

i know what u mean ,seen the forams just after an update(theres hell and hate mail).

i begin to wonder if lower player pay there member ship to moan about how bad the game is beacuse they cant get over how some people are hard working and do better than them.

wish i was about when runescape was in its early years, less crowded, more polite and greatfull...

But realy i found out on miniclip and it was the fist game id ever downloaded so i cant complain, i think that learning the game bymyself helped my to insted of people giveing newbie cash gifts of millon where as i was greatful for a bronze axe(never begged) but there only being nice.

i think if they added about 100 more world that might help but i dont know.

restin peace the old fogoten hope. O:)

newbankofrsyq0.gif

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2306/1kw4.gif[/img]

~ÃÆââ¬Â Ã¢ââ‰â¢ÃÆââââ¬Ã¡ÃâìÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¦R ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâàHÃÆââââ¬Ã¡Ãâì ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâöNÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâÃ

Catchy article - I liked it.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

The rules restricting bad language are again, there to protect the younger players (though it often seems that they are the ones who most abuse those rules). Unfortunately, the rules are based on the English language, and don't necessarily work well with other languages.

This emission taken from the above article is false. Jagex takes action against people using offensive language in many languages. They obviously have people working for them with various second language knowledge.

The above has been confirmed by a Player Mod and by Jagex muting my character for swearing in spanish.

Rkolegendkil.png

Technically, there's no difference here for my "Main" to trade some stuff to a trusted friend, then log out, only to log back in with my 2nd account and receive that stuff.

Is it "right?" That's a tough question! I'd say the answer is "no" because it gives one of those characters an unfair advantage.

- Sligo

You make a fair point and it's well taken. Let me ask you to defend it in more detail if you don't mind.

Before we can determine what is an unfair advantage, we must determine what we consider an advantage of any kind. As the author stated, there is no "winning" this game and if there was a way to win it, wouldn't it have to do with leveling skills? Levelling skills would take longer between two avatars than it would with just one (as long as the rule forbidding logging in two accounts at once remains intact).

If the implied advantage has to do with player versus player combat, I can see where you might think a combat pure might have an advantage over other PKers because of his high-level smithing main who supports him. However, if you're dividing your time between the pure and the smither, how are you different from a combat pure with high smithing?

Finally, unfair advantages aside, I think it would be a wise business decision to adjust Rule 8 to allow drop trading. I currently don't drop trade because I prefer to avoid getting banned. Therefore I have one paid membership and a F2P avatar I haven't used in months. Remove the drop-trade clause, gain another $5 per month from me (and probably others).

The point of unfairness has to do with a couple things. Combat really wasn't in mind when I wrote that original post, but it does apply as well.

Mainly, especially when "cross polinating" between P2P and F2P, the F2P character gains a distinct advantage because it has access to the resources available in P2P. Things like raw materials and tools provided (for free) to the F2P character will help that character level faster in those skills.

Conversely, the F2P character can gain access to some other resourses easier and quicker than the P2P, though not to as great a degree.

Between the symbiosis, both characters can benefit unfairly.

This doesn't mean to say that a F2P character who received a charitable donation from another player won't help - it will. It's more the motivation behind the process that is unfair.

Truthfully, if they dropped the rule about trading between your own characters, I really wouldn't care. I think the game has grown to the point where it really doesn't matter that much in the large scheme of things.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

I talk to my friends about politics, not on the forums. it's a shame people don't talk about the important issues more, democracy depends on a market of ideas. I find the garbage that the corporate media puts out far more offensive than any bad language, so I would really prefer that people talk about issues rather than getting their news from the corporate media. Bad language is appropriate when it makes sense in the context of the sentence.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg[r]

hmmm this changed my view about jagex. So what if its not perfect. Who cares if its a boring skill. Runescape is all about that one click of the mouse and trying to annoy all that spam at the banks. And jagex aren't our enemies, because of what they have done we can spend one or two hours a day living in our own fantasy lands. The game isn't perfect I admit but jagex has an entire MMORPG to take care of and you cant blame them for everything bad that happens to you!

P.S. With the name of the topic I thought it would be another one like biased banning raises brows :shock:

P.P.S. Great work editor! Another good article. Keep them coming 8-) We need more articles about Jagex-player relationships and how its all our fault :XD:

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

This is an article that highlines the point of all the problems. Well done. The only thing i noticed conspicously missing was the problems with bans and customer service. This being a problem, i find that this is the source of most of the problems. Either Jagex increases customer support, or we all suffer. The reason Jagex can't answer all the appeals is because of the lack of customer support personal.

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

There are several things that could be changed in runescape to make it all better, the problem is that the game is growing too fast in amount of players. Jagex just can't handle it. With the massive increase in players, they should try to do things that are possible, and have a positive influence on the players that play the game.

Personally, i feel that a set of staff members assigned to playing the game so that at least one was online at any given point would be great. they could even organize large events to see the players, and change them. What would you do if you said "omg stupid!!!!" and a jagex mod replied, "please try to be positive". how about team events organized by a staff member? I think that jagex would get so much less hated that it would be worth it.

Even official worlds would make the comunity more happy. just a post saying that a good world for so and so is that and that. then again, if you look back through the news jagex used to be personal, apologetic, and not all "professional" (in lack of better words), right now if they went back to the more homemade family company style where they honestly show that they're doing their best that would be great. Even short reminders every once in a while in the news would be great. A diary of a j mod through every day?

A newspaper where users could send in their stories (maybe not but a monthly post where each of the mods could post a coupld sentances about what they've done that month? maybe even weekly? It would be awsome to see what they do at work every day like a logg, or any special requests or wishes they have from us players, posts for events they'll arrange if they want and the like)? Publicly viewable numbers of how many players are online at different times of day, how many ban appeals they've gotten, amount of players banned each day and the like would also put everything into context. If they one single day posted that they got 40 000 ban appeals and 23123 (random number) of queries on any given day and had so and so many staff members to handle it, people would try to understand i think.

Jagex are doing a great job, but there still isn't a way for us players to effectivly tell them what we want more of, or possible solutions on how to make us more satisfied with them that are do-able. we have to help them helping us like we want them to help us

The tip.it comunity could make a huge difference. Just a post on the main tip.it site that tip.it is doing some sort of campain to improve the game would be awsome. We get positive things from the game, so we might as well try to help make the game even better. If the main page said something like "please post atleast one message of praise on the forums every day to make jagex feel good" or, "please support us in trying to get jagex to ..."

the tip.it comunity could really change runenescape. If 10 000 players want something and swamp the public forums with a ceritan wish, it will make a difference. tip.it official policy could change the face of the game in any direction the tip.it staff wants.

sorry for the read, but i feel really strongly that the tip.it staff are some of the most important runescapians in existance. with a tiny little bit of effort, they could change the game! It's the equivalent to the power of the largest newspaper in the world, and could therefore make a huge difference. Tip.it week of doing good could become, tip.it's weekly policy that we would like our members to follow to improve the game. For a final example, the policy for the week starting on monday could be: "please support tip.it in trying to get saff members to make a weekly newslatter where they post what they've been doing that week in a couple of sentances to bring the players closer to jagex' mind" with a link to a forum topic ingame.

I'll stop now, but if a staff member thinks this is a good idea, don't hessitate to contact me in any way. i'd love to be able to help us help ourselves!

I agree, We should thank Jagex, not rant and rave about how stupid they are for small ban mistakes or something ( I mean really, people got ticked off because there was a spelling mistake on a sign that hardly anyone reads anyway :roll: :wink: :?

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

I agree, we should be thanking jagex, not hating them, because without them

this website, and many other things would not exist.

And they should be loving their members seeing as how they wouldn't exist without us.

The+Team.png

i'm sure people want to flame my post for some reason, but thats life i guess? No it isn't life *hopes people look outside the window,* go "flame" people out there, you get a nice supprise :XD: < like no teeth.

nice job this week i personally dont see how drop trading is cheating i mean u still have to work for the stuff and u cant trade skills so how can it be cheating i mean yes u could get money or armor but money doesnt get u on the highscores and like i said earlier u still have to work for it whether its on ur main avatar or not it doesnt really matter u just work on it on a different acount. now theoretically u could trade runes or arrows but thats just like someone nice giving stuff to u of course u could use someone elses account but like i said u cant trade a place on the high scores or skills so i dont think it matters. I can however understand why they band it at least one reason why like say u hacked someone elses account and then u could drop trade his hard earned stuff to u for only nothing

so jagex keep it up

\' :wall: :wink: :x :) :D :D :lol: :lol: : :!:

life without humans would be heaven however heaven is a human concept so it would be great

if u read this and like it paste it in ur sig box

Bobby1167, at least they're paying attention to the banner, which is, in my opinion, better than ignoring it completely.

Right now, Jagex is making a nice standing with users. How about a little more data-mining (and I really mean it!) like user profiles and such. That would make RS a perfect place!

And, for us humble users, just play it without breaking the rules. That will be the best way to repay Jagex for this great game, no matter if you paid $5 every month or not. (I swear I'm completely neutral between the F2P/P2P Borders in this message) It's just business, but the spirit of mutual relationship is another thing that is and will not be correctly defined by anyone in the world.

I might be spamming with not-so-nice wordings (sarcasm and such), but my spirit is always true.

As conclusion, I AM NOT DYING OR GETTING JAILED/CONSCRIPTED/Whatever, nor it will be a huge sandstorm in Europe or snow in Thailand, thanks. (for those who might think it's a special occasion)

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

This was a good, well written article that many people can relate to. Good job on it. I agree with all the points in the article, and it helps clear up the reason behind rule 11(?), the one about talking about websites. Many people do not relieze this is for their own good, nor do they research into it and/or think about reasons for it. Also I do agree that we should mantain some sort of peace with jagex, but I know many people will just make more "0mg jagx is awful, i hte them!!!!! jagx scks!!" type of posts, because some people aren't mature, and don't know the effort needed to make a game of this scale run fairly smoothly.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

I like the article. It explains the rules and the purpose of them. Mostly the reason many people get flooded with complaints is that they do not believe that it is against the rules in same way.

Jagex are actually all very nice! I talk to them on PMs and they have good sense of humor. British thing yar.

Technically - in the terms and conditions - all accounts are owned by Jagex. Let me find the quote

Aha

You agree that your RuneScape character and account and items are and remain the property of Jagex. You may not sell, transfer or lend your account to anyone else, or permit anyone else to use your account, and you may not accept an account which anybody else offers you.

Legend%20Gaara.jpeg

Legendary F2P Skiller