Import\Tuner Cars

mrgregg2

What do you guys think of these cars? I've been in love with them for some time now. I can't wait until I can drive and get my '94 Toyota Supra. But anyways, tons of Americans stick with the American Muscle, which are O.K., I like both, but perfer Imports. So what are you, American Muscle, or Import? Either way, what's your favorite car? Umm, and anything else I'm forgeting. =P~

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone has been playing too much NFSU2... What type of race? HA!

Anyways, Mazda Rx-7 90's edition. Rotery Engine FTW. I personally like the Initial-D type drifting though. Tak rock your boxers.

siknikmy7.gif

darkwebz16oa.gif

C'YEA H0'KAY

I drive a 94 z28....I hate ricers with every ounce of blood in me. If you do indeed plan on being a "tuner" just remember that there are alot of fools out there giving you guys a very bad name. I'm not saying that all import drivers fit in this category. My friend drives a 240SX with the SR20 swap, and its insanely fast, because its done right. Just keep that in the back of your mind.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I prefer...

Something that runs :)

although a Tesla Roadster would be nice 8-)

Tesla Roadsters waste electricity, which is an endangered species. Why don't you

1) Do some research before you post

2) Start caring about our precious environment

Do you want your children and your children's children to live in a world without electricity? I bet you do.

lordringsbattlemiddleeamo1.gif

I prefer...

Tesla Roadsters waste electricity, which is an endangered species. Why don't you

Do you want your children and your children's children to live in a world without electricity? I bet you do.

Please don't hijack this thread, his post was both relevent and harmless.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I prefer...

Why dont you..

1) Settle down.

2) Stop being a [puncture].

3) and yes maybe no electricity would be nice, I mean really, we wouldn't need lights with all the freak'in Unessesary FLAME you are giving off on this post.

Gosh.

Forums are for fun, not party poopers.

siknikmy7.gif

darkwebz16oa.gif

C'YEA H0'KAY

I drive a 94 z28....I hate ricers with every ounce of blood in me. If you do indeed plan on being a "tuner" just remember that there are alot of fools out there giving you guys a very bad name. I'm not saying that all import drivers fit in this category. My friend drives a 240SX with the SR20 swap, and its insanely fast, because its done right. Just keep that in the back of your mind.

*Raises hand* Agreed! It sounds like your friend actually knows what he's doing and the 240SX is a nice car.

But just driving by the local high school I see people in their dorked-out Honda's with coffee can mufflers. If they didn't spend all their time playing NFSU they might realize a bigger exhaust tip it NOT a "extreme" tuner upgrade.

But the question is, do you remember real American muscle? I own a '64 Chevy Impala SS, that in my mind is the real American muscle. \'

boogityboo04.png

rotalsnarT laciffO

Solving the confusion once and for all

*Raises hand* Agreed! It sounds like your friend actually knows what he's doing and the 240SX is a nice car.

But just driving by the local high school I see people in their dorked-out Honda's with coffee can mufflers. If they didn't spend all their time playing NFSU they might realize a bigger exhaust tip it NOT a "extreme" tuner upgrade.

But the question is, do you remember real American muscle? I own a '64 Chevy Impala SS, that in my mind is the real American muscle. \'

Naturally, true muscle is older...my car is fuel injected, so I will never get the true, deep raspy sound older cars have. Regardless, I hope this thread averts a few would-be ricers from embarrasing themselves with poor car-modding decision in the future. :)

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Americans only then? :/

Not like I'll ever own an American muscle car, as you guys put the steering wheels on the wrong side. :wall:

I love Japanese cars, I wouldn't say I'm into tuner cars... But I'd love to work my way up to an Evo or Impreza.

At the moment I'm just working on handling what little power I have from my Vauxhall Calibra. Once I manage to keep that under control. I'll think about an upgrade.

To be honest, the thing that interests me about cars. Isn't how fast they go. It's how well you can control them.

Especially with the most recent stuff coming out of Japan. Hell I'd even love to try out an old(ish) R34. Would have to be a GTR though. =D>

I know for a fact that I'd depend more on the electronics in a car than my own driving ability, as I've already noticed the difference power steering has had on me. My first three cars didn't have it... I drove my mum's car the other day and it was near impossible for me to turn the wheel. :XD:

Anyway enough rambling. Time for bed.

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

The "wine" sound of a tuner car is signature. Just like classic muscle cars roar down the streets. But your right, it isn't the first thing I'll be upgrading on my car.

ARRRGH! (sorry, pet peeve) but it isn't a whine like a real turbocharged car, if anything it sounds like a flatulent goat. If you want your car to sound turbocharged, buy a turbocharger! Just getting a big, stupid muffler will not emulate the sound of a turbo spooling up and the waste gate shrieking.

I will admit, if I could have any car at all, short of $200,000 of course, it would be a Mitsubishi Evo VIII, but I certainly wouldn't get some big plastic body kit for it.

0,,137791,00.jpg

340 HP out of 2 litres!

boogityboo04.png

rotalsnarT laciffO

The American made cars do little for me, with the possible exception of the Dodge Viper which I have always been fond of.... but that might be because of a TV show with a car of that name in it.

I currently drive a Toyota Hilux Surf (3L turbo diesel) which is not exactly fast, Its top speed is around 160km/hr and that was off the clock. But it is a good truck which goes well off-road where I often drive. It does need a few modifications to make it excellent.

I am currently half heartingly thinking about buying a Porsche 944, 924 or a 928 but can not really justify such a purchase. Would be fun to drive. I also quite like the look of a Holden Monaro (Pontiac GTO) .

I prefer...

Stupid IDIOTIC people like you are an endangered specie. Why don't you.

1) Cry me a river

2) get off this post/this forum/this world

... :roll:

The "wine" sound of a tuner car is signature. Just like classic muscle cars roar down the streets. But your right, it isn't the first thing I'll be upgrading on my car.

Problem is, it's signature for "dork" to most people. Tuner cars sound EXACTLY like crotch rockets, which is kinda' silly.

I like the way some body kits look (most spoilers, or wings I should call them, because they're THAT big usually...look really dumb) and stuff like that, but modifying a 4 cylinder engine with anything but a Turbo Charger (two if you're lucky :P) is a waste of time. I won't deny it, cars with Turbo Chargers, no matter what they are, are fun to drive. I don't race or anything stupid, but turbo's sound really cool and they make your car really quick. I know some dude with a Subaru and his car accelerates way faster than mine. :shock: I drive a 1967 Mercury Cougar, 351 Cleveland with almost 400 HP.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

340 HP out of 2 litres!

its 276 bhp @ 6500 RPM :-w

If you want your car to sound turbocharged, buy a turbocharger! Just getting a big, stupid muffler will not emulate the sound of a turbo spooling up and the waste gate shrieking.

It will also reduce the needed backpressure required at low-end, therefore making the car have slower launch times :thumbsup:

But back to the actual question at hand , both :)

In the winter I drive a '99 Honda Civic with a B18C5 swap , in the summer I drive a '00 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

340 HP out of 2 litres!

I thought that sounded fishy because on Top Gear they said there was a 340 one, so I looked on wikipedia and it seems that here in the UK there are indeed ones which come in at 320, 340 and 400 BHP - named the FQ320, FQ340 and FQ400 respectively.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I prefer...

Stupid IDIOTIC people like you are an endangered specie. Why don't you.

1) Cry me a river

2) get off this post/this forum/this world

... :roll:

I hope to God you're not referring to me, because you may have just opened a huge can of worms.

Especially when I was simply defending the topic from an irrelevent post such as his? Seriously, simply read niks post to understand that his comment were unnecessary. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.

If you have a previous beef with me (usually the case with these random flame explosions against me) specify it, instead of making a blubbering fool out of yourself in front of everyone... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

There is no car on the market I'd buy thats a model after the 70s except a Mini Cooper and a Chrysler 300 Touring Edition. I also hate people that try to trick out their car by putting huge spoilers on it and ugly bod kids making it even uglier than it was before hand.

There is no car on the market I'd buy thats a model after the 70s except a Mini Cooper and a Chrysler 300 Touring Edition. I also hate people that try to trick out their car by putting huge spoilers on it and ugly bod kids making it even uglier than it was before hand.

They're called ricers, and yeah, you're right :)

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

340 HP out of 2 litres!

I thought that sounded fishy because on Top Gear they said there was a 340 one, so I looked on wikipedia and it seems that here in the UK there are indeed ones which come in at 320, 340 and 400 BHP - named the FQ320, FQ340 and FQ400 respectively.

Yup, wouldn't mind an Evo IX FQ360 though, might have less power than the flagship Evo VIII. But I like it's backend more. :mrgreen:

dwmafianw7.jpg

Notoriously Trollish.

Hehheh, today I was at school and there was this guy in the parking lot with one of those huge spoilers, everyone thought it must be such a fast car. I wonder if he has any idea that that wing is actually producing lift and that lift is a bad thing when racing. <.<

boogityboo04.png

rotalsnarT laciffO