Weekly Poll: If you use one, what is the MAIN reason you...

Kiara_Kat

This week's poll, If you use one, what is the MAIN reason you use a toolkit program to play RuneScape? is up on the main Tip.It website, please be sure to vote before the poll closes. If you'd like to discuss the poll topic, or talk about the poll results so far, this is the place to do it.

Thanks

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

I think there should be a "I don't use third party software" option.

Last week's poll covered that. This week's poll is exclusive to those users that answered "yes" in last week's poll. We needed as many spots as possible for the reasons a toolkit is used, we didn't feel it was necessary to use one of the choices for something that was covered last week.

can someone give me the link for ss?

No , linking to these programs violates our forum rules. Subsequently, Swiftswitch has still not been updated to comply with the new standards set forth by Jagex.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

IRC chat

The one thing wrong with tipit is that it has ss hating owners :(

Excuse me, but that's a pretty uninformed statement, don't you think? We never said ANYWHERE that we hate these types of programs. What we DO say in our Forum Rules, is that we follow the same rules as RuneScape. If they don't allow something, neither do we. It's that simple.

The built-in chat definatly (I am refering to swiftswitch), it's just so conveneint having the chat window open so you can read it while playing RS. The other features don't interest me much, of course not having to open up another window to look up someone's stats is a nice bonus, but I don't really need to use it much, so yeah, just the chat. :o

IRC chat

The one thing wrong with tipit is that it has ss hating owners :(

Excuse me, but that's a pretty uninformed statement, don't you think? We never said ANYWHERE that we hate these types of programs. What we DO say in our Forum Rules, is that we follow the same rules as RuneScape. If they don't allow something, neither do we. It's that simple.

Why, tipit is an individual website, seperate form Runescape. It's not like Jagex acknowledge anything tipit does for them/ like they used to with scape. What does Jagex do for us? Why do we comply with them, they can't do anything about tipit breaking their rules.

Striker6:

It's not like Jagex acknowledge anything tipit does for them/ like they used to with scape.

hmm not sure what you mean there, except maybe they use to post there sometimes, if thats what u on about then , they stopped posting on most websites now cause of the possible problems of security. Though one or two , do still pop in now and again to read the boards.

What does Jagex do for us?

Erm let me think on this one a little longer, but for now I will say, well we still alive :P

Why do we comply with them, they can't do anything about tipit breaking their rules.

Why would we want to break Jagex rules?? From what I see, if I was to break their rules then we would be endangering users accounts......

We don't need to do things like cheats for users or clients for our users. Most users here prefer not to cheat (at least i hope)

I have always been against any sort of cheating in any games and that what i liked first time i tested this game and Andrew told me he was also against such things and that is why i stayed and played the game mostly.

I will not support anything illegal here cause of the risk to users accounts.

Regarding SS , well that is kinda messy situration. When it is made legal then we may allow it but I guessing we won't allow any advertising of it, like with most software posted here. You have to wait and see on that.

What so ever, Jagex shouldn't use the macroing stuff at all, and find an immediate way to ban the software, its ridiculously harmful, look at the Runescape economy, many in fact because of inflation and perhaps, they don't have enough money or have the technology to come up and wipe out all the cheaters. Mine as well make a world for different divisions so all groups could have a signifigant equality and freedom. I don't know so far I'm seeing some good posts where I would support others ideas about this issue. More likely, to become moderately appealed to everyone who are anti-macroing.

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

What so ever, Jagex shouldn't use the macroing stuff at all, and find an immediate way to ban the software, its ridiculously harmful, look at the Runescape economy, many in fact because of inflation and perhaps, they don't have enough money or have the technology to come up and wipe out all the cheaters. Mine as well make a world for different divisions so all groups could have a signifigant equality and freedom. I don't know so far I'm seeing some good posts where I would support others ideas about this issue. More likely, to become moderately appealed to everyone who are anti-macroing.
This has nothing to do with macroing.

Anyway, I like having not to switch windows for high scores. The irc is pretty fancy too - however I dont use it often enough to say its the reason why I use such programs.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada