Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:12 am Post subject: What could the alter be? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (I searched and couln't find another thread about this, if there is, please lock this) BTS September wrote: Ever since the Zamorak Magical Institute discovered that Saradomin's wizards had found altars to create runes, they've been itching to get an altar of their own. Their time has almost arrived: a new altar has been unearthed and it is unlike anything the mages have ever encountered. It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements, but it's just a wee bit unpredictable... Now lots believe this to be the blood alter, but the last bit "unpredictable" and the part about "unlike anything...ever encountered" gives me the belief that its not the blood alter. If thats not enough to convice you: Mod Paul, 2nd page of the bts spetember discussion on the future update forum wrote: Hmm does the altar really sound that much like THE blood/soul altar from that behind the scenes post? Or are people just seeing the words new altar and then not reading carefully? It's not meant too imply that's what it is and I didn't think what was written did. This is actually a new concept to spice up the runecrafting skill. I wouldn't want to get peoples hopes up about releasing something that we weren't, especially something with such anticipation as THE blood altar. (don't worry we haven't forgotten about it) Don't get me wrong the next months runecrafting update is a good update and I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels) but if people get the wrong idea about an update then our hard work tends to gets flamed unnecessarily, when things don't turn out as players expected. Not only that, but I have herd that Mod Paul also stated a while back he wished there was a way to get better expereince during runecrafting. Ideas Lorde555 wrote: Its not gonna be blood rune crafting, i rekon its gonna be an alter which will turn all your essence into a random rune, regarless of your level, thats why it says at the bottom of the behind the scenes that it is unpredictable. I found that on the offical forms, I think that is a likly scenerio A few other Ideas I read include things like picking the rune you craft but a possibility of failing, and even a few people said Mod Paul tried to desceve us, realesing the blood alter this month anyway. There are a few thoughts of a totally new rune, but I doubt that will happen. The basic guess is that its a minigame, and I guess that its deep wilderness, maybe even that volcano area east of the rouges castle. Other Player Ideas Brianite3 wrote: This comes for me to believe any rune can be crafted on it, but at a price. For example, a person with 99 RC using the alter to make bodys would be almost 100% sucess, but making nats would be a 90% sucess rate. While a person with 50 RC would have like a 50% sucess rate on nats, and 70% on bodies. Basically as your RC gets higher, your chances of suceeding improves. or perhaps certain runes at recudes levels, like laws at level 20, ect.. But the lower levels have alot higher chance to fail at making the runes than higher levels, which gives higer RC's an advantage. This fits all the sides of BTS and Mod Paul's post. I think its a very likley possability. I like this idea, but I think that at lower levels you will be required to use multiple essence for one rune (like 10 ess per law) and at 99, you can make 1 law rune per ess, but haveign the possiblity to get multiple runes, like a 1 in one load chance of double laws. And like you said the possiblity of failing at even making one law rune, or any other kind. 1 law per ess at 99 is a despicable idea so is random runes i hope it isnt