What could the alter be?

lavaownz

(I searched and couln't find another thread about this, if there is, please lock this)

Ever since the Zamorak Magical Institute discovered that Saradomin's wizards had found altars to create runes, they've been itching to get an altar of their own. Their time has almost arrived: a new altar has been unearthed and it is unlike anything the mages have ever encountered. It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements, but it's just a wee bit unpredictable...

Now lots believe this to be the blood alter, but the last bit "unpredictable" and the part about "unlike anything...ever encountered" gives me the belief that its not the blood alter. If thats not enough to convice you:

Hmm does the altar really sound that much like THE blood/soul altar from that behind the scenes post? Or are people just seeing the words new altar and then not reading carefully?

It's not meant too imply that's what it is and I didn't think what was written did.

This is actually a new concept to spice up the runecrafting skill.

I wouldn't want to get peoples hopes up about releasing something that we weren't, especially something with such anticipation as THE blood altar. (don't worry we haven't forgotten about it)

Don't get me wrong the next months runecrafting update is a good update and I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels) but if people get the wrong idea about an update then our hard work tends to gets flamed unnecessarily, when things don't turn out as players expected.

Not only that, but I have herd that Mod Paul also stated a while back he wished there was a way to get better expereince during runecrafting.

Ideas

Its not gonna be blood rune crafting, i rekon its gonna be an alter which will turn all your essence into a random rune, regarless of your level, thats why it says at the bottom of the behind the scenes that it is unpredictable.

I found that on the offical forms, I think that is a likly scenerio

A few other Ideas I read include things like picking the rune you craft but a possibility of failing, and even a few people said Mod Paul tried to desceve us, realesing the blood alter this month anyway. There are a few thoughts of a totally new rune, but I doubt that will happen.

The basic guess is that its a minigame, and I guess that its deep wilderness, maybe even that volcano area east of the rouges castle.

Other Player Ideas

This comes for me to believe any rune can be crafted on it, but at a price. For example, a person with 99 RC using the alter to make bodys would be almost 100% sucess, but making nats would be a 90% sucess rate. While a person with 50 RC would have like a 50% sucess rate on nats, and 70% on bodies. Basically as your RC gets higher, your chances of suceeding improves.

or perhaps certain runes at recudes levels, like laws at level 20, ect..

But the lower levels have alot higher chance to fail at making the runes than higher levels, which gives higer RC's an advantage.

This fits all the sides of BTS and Mod Paul's post. I think its a very likley possability.

I like this idea, but I think that at lower levels you will be required to use multiple essence for one rune (like 10 ess per law) and at 99, you can make 1 law rune per ess, but haveign the possiblity to get multiple runes, like a 1 in one load chance of double laws. And like you said the possiblity of failing at even making one law rune, or any other kind.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Well, because they've said that it will benefit high levelled runecrafters more, I don't think it will be crafting a random type of rune at any level. That would only really benefit the low levelled runecrafters. I have no idea what it actually could be though. :?

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Yeah, im thinking random rune alter with maybe 1.5x amount of xp you'd get normally? Combo rune alter would be nice, maybe you dont have to use a talisman every time, or magic imbue? I'd like either of those.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I don't think it's going to be bloods (they said it wasn't going to be) I think it will randomly craft certain runes depending on your lvl. Like a lvl 30 MIGHT get nats but he might get a number of lower lvled runes. I think this will be a completely worthless training method that will fall by the wayside and rarely be used.

signature.png

where did they say it wasnt bloods

Never said that it wasn't but if you look at Mod Pauls respeonse, it seems unlily to be blood runes

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Ok, reading this word for word I have come to this idea of what I think it will be.

Since Mod Paul stated:

I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels)

This comes for me to believe any rune can be crafted on it, but at a price. For example, a person with 99 RC using the alter to make bodys would be almost 100% sucess, but making nats would be a 90% sucess rate. While a person with 50 RC would have like a 50% sucess rate on nats, and 70% on bodies. Basically as your RC gets higher, your chances of suceeding improves.

Any players can make any runes (including ones they cant normally make)

It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements

But the lower levels have alot higher chance to fail at making the runes than higher levels, which gives higer RC's an advantage.

This fits all the sides of BTS and Mod Paul's post. I think its a very likley possability.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Maybe a new rune? Like the thunder rune? Maybe the posion rune? Maybe an anti-autoer rune, if you craft it, you get banned as an autoer (but don't tell them that part muhahahaha)

Who cares your going to find out soon anyways.

I prefer if you don't spam, and its still nice to share your ideas with other people

Ok, reading this word for word I have come to this idea of what I think it will be.

Since Mod Paul stated:

I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels)

Any players can make any runes (including ones they cant normally make)

It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements

I hope you don't mind I used you quote on the first post

63herb3-1.jpg

I really think this will be some unpredictable new twist to runecrafting but it doesn't sound very useful. Why would people want to craft nats at 90% success when they could just get 2 nats per ess at 100% success?

Seriously. Stop guessing.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Who cares your going to find out soon anyways.
I prefer if you don't spam

Lol? your taking shots in the dark at this, youll most likely all be wrong anyways.

Take lemejas advice.

Seriously. Stop guessing.

If you don't like it, then don't post in it. People have a right to discuss their thoughts on future updates without being attacked.

Back on subject though, I am gonna have to say that it will probably be a random rune altar. The chance for someone to craft runes better than what they normally can.

sir%20nomad.gif

The post it's to discuss the new alter, this is simply putting an idea already in the game but applied differently.

This is just an idea but you never know :P It could be like picking herbs from the Sorceress' Garden. You get a higher number of lower levelled runes then gradually less up to the higher ones (maybe including Bloods) but with some element of random where you could get ranging from 10 airs to 1 blood or 5 airs to 3 bloods (and respective amounts of other runes inbetween)

But not always every rune, you might not get 2 or more types of rune. One time you might not get 2 types (eg. Body and Law) and next time you might not get 4 types (eg. Earth, Fire, Nature, Astral) but the less types you get the more you get of the ones that are crafted.

Like I said, an idea but it's fun to speculate wildly \'

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

That would be completely pointless for high level Runecrafters (90+) Because we coulld craft every rune already, unless they might gives us better chances on multiple runes (3 nats instead of 2 at 91)..

I could think of anything else :XD:

i was thinking an alter which randomly crafts differant runes because it says it may be unstable.however it might be an alter that gives exp for every rune made rather than essence used so at double nats you make double the ep of nats aand at 10xair ypou would make 10xthe exp of airs.

its a lame idea but its a possibility.the unstability is what will set this alter apart.

tifsdac6mc.gif

if it was going to be the blood alter, it'd require something that has to do with blood...

many people think 'vampire', but the 'unpredictable' word in that behind the scenes tells me that maybe to use the alter you'll need to offer your own blood, doing small life damage to your charecter

just my two cents ::'

220pxshkariwlogogt3.jpg