What could the alter be?

lavaownz

All of you people saying "Oh, it's going to be random runes, at level X..." Let me get this straight, as a person with 99 RC the idea of getting random runes is CRAP! Anything like that will benefiet lower levels. I just hope it's not making RS easier than it is...Back when I started, there was no abyss even.

An altar where you get more exp per rune crafted, but you need a higher lvl than normal to craft. For instance you'll need lvl 70 rc to craft nats but you get double exp.

something like that.

So help me God, I would go to the JaGeX headquarters and punch every person involved with that decision. Maybe even kick them rather hard.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:12 am Post subject: What could the alter be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I searched and couln't find another thread about this, if there is, please lock this)

BTS September wrote:

Ever since the Zamorak Magical Institute discovered that Saradomin's wizards had found altars to create runes, they've been itching to get an altar of their own. Their time has almost arrived: a new altar has been unearthed and it is unlike anything the mages have ever encountered. It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements, but it's just a wee bit unpredictable...

Now lots believe this to be the blood alter, but the last bit "unpredictable" and the part about "unlike anything...ever encountered" gives me the belief that its not the blood alter. If thats not enough to convice you:

Mod Paul, 2nd page of the bts spetember discussion on the future update forum wrote:

Hmm does the altar really sound that much like THE blood/soul altar from that behind the scenes post? Or are people just seeing the words new altar and then not reading carefully?

It's not meant too imply that's what it is and I didn't think what was written did.

This is actually a new concept to spice up the runecrafting skill.

I wouldn't want to get peoples hopes up about releasing something that we weren't, especially something with such anticipation as THE blood altar. (don't worry we haven't forgotten about it)

Don't get me wrong the next months runecrafting update is a good update and I think it will have a good appeal to players across a variety of levels, (It will be more powerful at high levels) but if people get the wrong idea about an update then our hard work tends to gets flamed unnecessarily, when things don't turn out as players expected.

Not only that, but I have herd that Mod Paul also stated a while back he wished there was a way to get better expereince during runecrafting.

Ideas

Lorde555 wrote:

Its not gonna be blood rune crafting, i rekon its gonna be an alter which will turn all your essence into a random rune, regarless of your level, thats why it says at the bottom of the behind the scenes that it is unpredictable.

I found that on the offical forms, I think that is a likly scenerio

A few other Ideas I read include things like picking the rune you craft but a possibility of failing, and even a few people said Mod Paul tried to desceve us, realesing the blood alter this month anyway. There are a few thoughts of a totally new rune, but I doubt that will happen.

The basic guess is that its a minigame, and I guess that its deep wilderness, maybe even that volcano area east of the rouges castle.

Other Player Ideas

Brianite3 wrote:

This comes for me to believe any rune can be crafted on it, but at a price. For example, a person with 99 RC using the alter to make bodys would be almost 100% sucess, but making nats would be a 90% sucess rate. While a person with 50 RC would have like a 50% sucess rate on nats, and 70% on bodies. Basically as your RC gets higher, your chances of suceeding improves.

or perhaps certain runes at recudes levels, like laws at level 20, ect..

But the lower levels have alot higher chance to fail at making the runes than higher levels, which gives higer RC's an advantage.

This fits all the sides of BTS and Mod Paul's post. I think its a very likley possability.

I like this idea, but I think that at lower levels you will be required to use multiple essence for one rune (like 10 ess per law) and at 99, you can make 1 law rune per ess, but haveign the possiblity to get multiple runes, like a 1 in one load chance of double laws. And like you said the possiblity of failing at even making one law rune, or any other kind.

1 law per ess at 99 is a despicable idea

so is random runes

i hope it isnt

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

I think you'd get 0-2/3 runes per essence, 3 per essence being for the higher levels.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I suspect that we will be able to craft blood and sould runes when we are a minimum of 5 levels below the required level, although we will have no way in what rune we make, so we could want laws and make airs for example.

I would also think there will be a reason to use it when not close to a new rune, so maybe a chance for double the normal runes for example!

from what Paul (not Mor Paul) said, I think the chance of getting better rewards will be much greater at a higher level.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I just hope that there becomes a rift in the Abyss and whatever we need to do to access this special altar is within my level :-$

Hopefully this will bring more people into RuneCrafting.

I don't think it's going to be the blood altar. I think it's going to be an altar that creates runes higher than their normal skill requirements but will give out substantial exp per rune.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I don't think that it will be totally random which rune you get from the altar when you're crafting, since it says that it would just be a wee bit unpredictable. If it's totally random it is completly unpreditcable. The others ideas are good, and I'm pretty sure of that one of them are right. But I don't think that the idea about the blood rune altar is correct. But the rest are good guesses. Myself I like the idea about that the altar will let you make a new rune the most (Espacially if it would become a F2P one), but I don't think that that is what Jagex will do. Instead I think that the theory about the a bit unpredictable altar is the best one. This will be an altar where you can go and say that you want to craft one type of rune, but not always get the rune that you wanted. For example, if you want to create one fire rune ten times, you might get 8 fire runes and 1 water and 1 earth. The % that becomes the rune you want will rise with your rc level. But this theory got a big thing that is against it; It's pretty unneccessary. There's no big use for it. None would use it, if it wasn't positioned at a very good place. But if Jagex places several of these altars close to, for example, a bank, a lot of people will take the risk and go to them anyway. That's why I think this theory is the best.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

However, by describing the absolute randomness of the situation, we can conclude that the runes that are being crafted by zamorakians are for missile spells, thus, it might be a certain random and odd thing that gives you something between minds and deaths runes.

But, we can re-call the existence o' the blood rune in this "mini-game", after all, the Jagex mods said that it wouldn't be the blood altar, but they didn't say anything about if this new thing can or can't bring us these red runes...

Perhaps this newly addition might transform certain runes into other kind for a certain price depending on you level. We should remember too, that the elemental workshop storyline is incomplete, so there is a very little possibility that it is related to our topic.

By the way, we can affirm that the zamorakians are odd, but not ever evil, so if they helped us in finding a new way to get to the chaos altar, this add-on will grant us some rentable possibilities like the abyss or something even better that will not only help us to get weights o' gold, but some fun while crafting too.

In another point of view, this update might change the runescape's runecrafting skill very much, a whole revolution that will make this skill enjoyable not only for P2P but with luck (that I'm sure they lack) the F2P.

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

To coincide with PaulÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s statements, I believe the altar must be closer to a bank than the abyss, i.e. faster running times. I reckon it will go along the lines of ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅA level 40 rcer can try to make nats at this altar with a set percentage chance of failure. Failure will result in a lesser value rune being crafted. A level 80 nat crafter will have a near zero percent chance of failure, so will have a new altar which is faster to train rcing in = the death of the abyss!

If there is a chance of failure for this new altar, I hope the spell Magic Imbue will negate that chance. It would also give the new Steam Staff an actual use :shock:.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I think it will be exactly what it says it aill be - a Zamorkian RC altar that will make a random number of runes that may be above or below your level.

It will give you anything from single airs to double the next level rune above your current level, and it will be RANDOM. Now JaGEx may narrow the results a bit, but I think, from what was written, that the random result factor is essential to the new altar. Plus the fact that several quests have told us that the Zamorkians are desperately seeking the secrets of RC. It means they have found something, but it's not quite right.

Random runes, random amounts, possibly higher than you can craft by your current level.

bop_dravian.png

A long time ago there was a poll that asked if there was a new minigame what skills would you like the game to be based on and if i remember correctly runecrafting was fairly high on the poll. A minigame would make a lot of sense. But if it's justa random rune alter in deep wild and no easy way to get to it, it wont be used.

Fear is your only God

guth8os.gif

walmart44.png