Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
No! My Runescape Site is better!
I use Tipit because the people on the forums aren't total poptards. The site itself, I use because it has information about almost everything in Runescape in one place. The calculators could use some improvement, because that's the only case I use a different site for my Runescape needs.
-
what is jagex coming to?
Poor you.
-
~Creative Insults~
I forgot to mention who that was referring to...
-
How did you come across runescape?
A friend was talking to me about Runescape for months, and I wanted to sign up. My parents didn't let me, and for some reason, I didn't have the guts to do it myself. For some reason my friend said that there are probably viruses when you download it. Well, you don't need to download it, but I didn't know that, and he didn't even know that. After a while, I went for it, and, there were no viruses. Mid October, 2005, the day I found meaning.
-
Funny Examines!
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I may understand that, but can someone explain to me? It's the half that's not there. They can't complain about nothin'.
-
dads on runescape
Here's a tip: Choose to use good grammar. As you can see, by many responses on this very thread, people will often judge you by your grammar and spelling. You don't need to rush, so grammar mistakes are not allowed, in my book. This is more formal than some forums, especially the RSOF (Runescape Official Forums)(and don't call me a PWUATHTET, I'm just explaining it for future reference, as mmmorgan is apparently new to these forums). In here, you'll find intelligent (in comparison, yet it can stand alone) converse going on, and most of the time, people bother to have correct punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc. There's no need to abbreviate, as this isn't a race. It's fine if you choose to use bad grammar, but people will choose to lessen their respect towards you.
-
Funny Examines!
Moss titan: Gathers rolling stone to bash people with.
-
Brawling gloves... Wicked SICK xp
You can't put a cannon in there, and it doesn't count as the wilderness...
-
16th December 2008 - Stealing Creation Reward Changes
it would be to use the whole set. however it will cost more points and will break faster than using one item. Wrong way around. The whole set lasts longer than one item. After you get the set, every item costs the same to recharge, 20 points. It would be best to use the whole set according to my data, if you don't count the cost to first get the set. However, it depends if you need better stats. For rangers, it would only really effect accuracy, and same for mage, but with mage, you will use more runes if you'd normally use an elemental staff. However, for melee, you might want to leave out the clay weapon. It will use more points in the end, but you'll actually be able to use a good weapon. Another alternative is using only the hat, to use better equipment than the rest of the clay set. It will cost 25% more points in the end, but may be worth it, depending on the monster you're fighting, what style of combat you're using, and your stats. Personally, I think clay armor isn't completely worth it. You may want to just keep training right through, not wasting time on the minigame. However, for magic, it saves tons of money in runes to use clay armor.
-
16th December 2008 - Stealing Creation Reward Changes
Here is the information I have gathered on the fighting equipment: Using one item at a time makes it last for 30k xp. That's 300 xp per percent. Using three items at a time makes them all last for 90k xp. Thats 900 xp per percent. Using all four items at a time makes the all last for 150k xp. That's 1500 xp per percent. However, using one item costs less points, of course. It may be a good idea to amass a stockpile of hats, as they're the cheapest, and bring them with you if you plan on staying in one area for a long time, and don't want to recharge. Using only the hat, I can wear better equipment in the body, legs, and weapon slot, than the clay that would be there. 5 hats lasts as long as all 4 at the same time. I'm 99% certain it's not only cheaper, but you can wear better equipment in the slots that would be filled with sub-par grade clay items. My xppp (experience per percent) are approximations, not 100% accurate.
-
16th December 2008 - Stealing Creation Reward Changes
The more pieces you have, the longer the bonus lasts. I got 80k+ magic xp with my full set of mage robes, and it took about 53% off. So that's maybe 150-170k xp if you use the full set. I got that 80k xp in about 45minutes, by the way. I was using fire wave on black demons. I think you are able to get the xp bonus without the weapon, but it will last for a shorter amount of time. I'm not sure about this though, I'd appreciate if someone tested it. I'll try and get to it later, myself.
-
Grasping the game..
Okay, if you read closely, I was never calling you stupid. I was saying that if there are people dumb enough to skip warnings, they'll just learn after a while. If they keep getting babied, they would never learn on their own, and become dependant on Jagex to hold their hand. What will this do? It will make people complain if Jagex doesn't waste precious hours making worthless tutorials. If you really want to play the game, you'll look at the warning, or better yet, use the Knowledge Base. Adding warnings and tutorials etc. everywhere would be a big waste of an update, and possibly make a whole batch of dependant foolish 10 year olds messing up the feel for everyone else. Sorry if you misunderstood me, I never was insulting you, I was just referring to the stupid people as stupid people, not you. Then you started spewing "Your point is weak, your post could be called 'dumb', etc. etc..." You didn't really point out why you were against my points, and I still didn't see any of that yet, and you started insulting me. I believe the insults started as a misunderstanding, as I never was trying you get under your skin. I just think adding more warnings would create tons of dependant stupids that will bother Jagex on wasting more time on more warnings. The players have to learn for themselves sometimes, but if they really need help, they can use the non-condescending Knowledge Base. Warnings would cause a bad group of young kids to come in, and make anyone smart enough to know what's going on feel insulted, being patronized every corner with a warning that you might stub your toe. The biggest reason why I don't want Jagex babying the players is because it would waste a lot of time making worthwhile updates. It just has too many negatives that outweigh the positives. The only real positive is that dumb players who don't use the Knowledge Base may lose less virtual items as they stumble around half blind through Runescape. If they're really that dumb, and would actually leave Runescape because they died once, I doubt they'll be staying around very long, anyway. Once again, I'm very sorry if you thought I was the one starting to insult you. I was simply insulting other people! Heheh... yeah, I know I'm mean...
-
Grasping the game..
You aren't trying to make me see what you see, you're trying to insult me. Have you ever been in an intelligent argument before? It doesn't consist of trying to insult the other person all the time, without saying anything convincing on your own. What you're trying to do is quit while you think you're "on top" by saying that you don't want me to talk about it anymore, while you insult me in the next damn sentence, going back to the topic you just said was taboo. You're pathetically cocky, and start hallucinating, thinking I'm saying totally idiotic things. Here's what I'm trying to say, yet you don't comprehend it: -It would ruin the feel of the game -It would create a wave of players that can't do anything for themselves -It would be pointless, as there's already the Knowledge Base -It would be a waste of time programming, as Jagex can be doing better things If you dare insult me again without giving any back up, you're just proving to me how pathetically cocky you are, so much that you're absolutely blinded. Either that, or you're some coward magician who thinks he can materialize stupid words into my mouth making me sound foolish. Respond to this without using false generalizations, and actually reading my post, and don't try and say "I'm not listening, lalala, I told you I don't want to talk about this," then insult me, and bolster your ego trying to backup your stupid point afterwards.
-
You're Banned! Account Deleted!
I would just permanently retire... from life...
-
Grasping the game..
Then stop defending your point and insulting my opinions as "weak". You just said it AGAIN. If you want me to stop talking about it, stop trying to get the last word in. Just stop mentioning your dumb idea and telling me it was never there. You aren't some kind of magician.
-
The "First Thing That Comes To Mind" Game!
Mojave Fireball Kick
-
Dragon Platebody's COMEBACK?!
I was just wondering why it would increase, or if it will all of a sudden. It's not like I'm hurting anyone by making a topic on this.
-
Dragon Platebody's COMEBACK?!
Could it be? Could the dragon platebody have a comeback? The prices have evened out, so I went to sell my shard right away. I'm sick of this rollercoaster ride, and I wanted to get off while I still could. It's better than getting nothing, that's how I looked at While Guthix Sleep's rewards. When I went to sell, it sold instantly, for max price. I suppose people think the rollercoaster still has momentum, and this evening out is bound to go up. However, it may not be the cliche, entertaining rollercoaster, it may just go down again. I've seen it happen with a few other items, I don't know about this one. What do you think will happen, and what are you doing in preparation?
-
Grasping the game..
Having tutorials everywhere would only appeal to [cabbages] who are too stupid to use the Knowledge Base. The Doomsayer and warnings everywhere ruined the feel of the game for tons of people, and what you're suggesting is going to make it even worse. What you want is just pointless and for lazy idiots who are too dumb and lethargic to be bothered to use the Knowledge Base. Jagex will never waste so much time making tutorials for every last damn aspect of the game. That time spent could be used for making something fun, and that appeals to more than just lazy idiots.
-
Dagon'hai robes ... What drops them FOUND ! (page 4)
That's what I'm thinking, it may be needed for a future quest. I'm going to keep them for now. If I get another set, I might keep them, as the prices could skyrocket if a new quest requires them.
-
10.6 of 10 blackmarks
It would help to have a list of your offences to see what you need to work on. Simple advice: be nice! It even rhymes, so you must do it. Don't let people annoy you, if you stoop to their level, you'll be reported and accomplish nothing. Especially don't try and scam people. You probably won't gain anything out of it due to the trading system, not to mention you'd be reported. Don't use ANY kind of add on for Runescape. Just to be safe, don't even use things that are supposedly "clean", unless you have very good proof. Macroing is plain evil, don't even think about it! When something strange happens, and seems like a bug, leave it alone. Report the bug, but if you use it, you will be reported. Don't even risk using silly graphical glitches. I know, it may be funny to turn into a giant turkey, but you never know, you could get banned for it. I'm almost 99% sure you can't get banned for graphical and harmless glitches, but hey, my friend got muted for saying "How are you?" to someone. Don't ask anything personal. Don't even ask how old someone is, because Jagex is very touchy about it. Giving away your age isn't really against the rules, but don't demand anyone else's in return. Especially DO NOT ask for their address, or any vague question about where they live. I don't even know if asking for their timezone is reportable. Above all, think before doing. If you keep calm, you probably won't break any rules. Just read the rulebook, and keep a level head.
-
RuneScape players coming of age?
While actually playing Runescape, people seem to be nicer. Well, I am doing more higher leveled content, as I am a higher level, and most of the time it's low levels that are the annoying ones. Though there are plenty of rude high levels, the majority seems to be nicer. Yet, on the RSOF... It's terrible, and gotten even worse. Everyone is whining on that dreadful place, they say "JAGEX IS MAKING SO MANNEY MISTAKES RECENTLEY" and start listing off minor bugs, and even how Jagex took their time to improve things that were already fine. They think it's bad for Jagex to make any bit of a mistake, and making something better secretly means it was terrible before.
-
Dragon Claws
I wonder... Do you think they should nerf them? So far, I never killed anyone who had dragon claws and specced me. They are very very good, to a point of being overpowered. I don't care how rare or expensive, they can kill within seconds, before people can react.
-
Tip.It Times Presents: RuneScape Media Revolution
Besides the false "did you know", it was a good read. Well, it always is a good read, keep the Tip.It Times coming!
-
christmas event 2008: reward issue.
It's a crummy reward. No girl wants to look fat and jolly. :( There could be a Mrs.Clause costume for females. Such as there was a witch and warlock costume for Halloween this year.