Everything posted by Arceus
- Count Up
-
Things That Make You Smile :)
Joke's on you for not venturing outside the Off-Topic forums :(.
-
Maybe it's time I take a break from this community for at least a couple of months.
Well I'm glad to hear that you will be sticking around :). As for avoiding having one's proverbial foot in the mouth, we all say something silly sometimes. It's sort of inevitable, just like people falling for the sillies April Fool's pranks. Maybe wait a few minutes after typing something before posting, or read it over again before doing so? I'm not really sure :P.
-
Maybe it's time I take a break from this community for at least a couple of months.
As WoodenFruit points out, yeah, you're not being forced to change your mind, play however you like. But I think the issue may be as you have summarized in the post above. If you want people to think of you as a good player, well, you probably need to be develop the skills to try new things like degradable weapons and manage them effectively. Unless you're going to pull off a Woox16 (and that's kind of a one-in-a-million type thing), you're going to have a difficult time impressing people using dragon. So ask yourself, what do you want? Are you more concerned with what you want to do or what will impress other people? Frankly I've never been too worried about impressing other people. I do what I want and consider other ideas but I don't really give into peer pressure. A lot of the people here have very high stats or are maxed/comped (or formerly so). They may have even forgotten or take for granted what it is like to go from say a permanent weapon to constantly having to pay for repairs. You should do what you want though, and not let other people judge you for it. They can give you advice or strongly recommend one thing or another, but at the end of the day what you want to do is really your prerogative.
-
Maybe it's time I take a break from this community for at least a couple of months.
Well look man, it goes like this: -You ask for help with how to do X -Someone gives you suggestion Y as to how you do X -You say you don't like suggestion Y for reason Z -People try to explain why reason Z is flawed and why Y is indeed a good idea. They're trying to convince you otherwise for your benefit. No one on TIF gets money or any other incentive if you want to use your dragon battleaxe over a drygore longsword or whatever else. The fact that someone from this community even decided to gift you a full set of Bandos just the other day should reaffirm this. -You decide you would like to do X anyway, which is perfectly within your right. It's perfectly fine if that's what you want to do. You can play the game however you want and while people may not agree with it, but that's up to them. However, when you start arguing with them and telling them or implying that their advice is wrong...I don't know how to say it, but that's not exactly a good way to get popularity with most people. You have to figure that if half of the forum is advising you do something, it's probably worth a try. And if it isn't something you want to do, I advise you just say thank you and stop responding. If you want a thread closed (locked) you can always PM me or another moderator, or send it through the report system. I agree that your last thread got a little off tangent, but please realize people are only trying to help. And in addition, we are all only human and sometimes run a little low on patience, even when we shouldn't. Overall I wouldn't really worry about people making fun, because everyone gets made fun of one place or the other. I'm sure they make fun of me behind my back somewhere :P. For the record I've always strived to treat you and everyone else with respect and do the best I can to answer questions/give good advice to the extent that I can. I am sorry if I came across as too overbearing. As for Mourning's End Part II, as several people said on a thread you made, it is very likely that you will need a guide to complete it, or have quite a time doing it solo without any outside help. I haven't personally done it, so I probably one be able to help, but my recommendation is this: try it first, by yourself if you want, then look up RuneScape Wiki's and our quest guide if you get stuck. And if you're still stuck on something, then post and ask for help on that specific part. I don't think that anyone will judge you for that.
- What's the most powerful non-degradable one-handed melee weapon in the game?
-
Count Down from 30k
24,220. Any more luck with the password now Devnull?
-
Livid Farm
It may offer some convenience benefit, I don't know, but you can't save time off it like before it was nerfed, nope.
-
Things That Make You Smile :)
Now let's get them back to work instead of letting them watch Star Wars all day :D.
-
Count Down from 30k
24,222. One four and four twos!
- Count Up
-
Count Down from 30k
24,224. Full house! Hmm that's too bad...
- Count Up
-
Count Down from 30k
24,226. No sense of humor Devnull? :s
- Count Up
- Count Down from 30k
-
Count Down from 30k
Whoops, missed that. 24,230.
-
What's the most powerful non-degradable one-handed melee weapon in the game?
You are making the strong assumption that Jagex does everything based on common sense :P. It's probably done that way to scale somehow with hitsplits. So you may get slightly higher numbers, but hit less frequently, and I guess that is what they want 'damage' to reflect. Because otherwise people would be up in arms about how they hit different hits with weapons that have the same damage. It can also be good in say a PvP situation where you want a good hard killing blow for the last hit, and don't really need to worry about the speed consequence afterward.
-
What's the most powerful non-degradable one-handed melee weapon in the game?
Then I suggest you keep your trusty dragon battleaxe (and get Korasi's too) as a backup, and use it if you do run into that situation if you do need to raise a couple million for repairs. After all it can't be much slower than what you're currently doing to raise gp, can it? If you pay attention to the degradation rate you should be able to make enough money to pay it back without too much difficulty, though.
-
Polls General Discussion
That's right, let people vote for Agility, and then next month coming to Treasure Hunter, the new more powerful Stripey silverhawk feathers for your boots!
-
Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!
So at least we got someone with that joke. :twisted:
- Count Down from 30k
-
Jagex exposed in office leak.
That video was epic, I liked it :D.
- What's the most powerful non-degradable one-handed melee weapon in the game?
- What's the most powerful non-degradable one-handed melee weapon in the game?