Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Polls General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE

Well since its going to be ongoing content, I think it needs its own thread.

Today I voted to kill yelps

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

I dunno I fell the poll debates fit rather nicely in with update teaser discussion, considering they are polling future content and are thus a teaser for something to come.

Especially as 'I voted x' is by no means a discussion, or a discussion opener rendering this thread rather spam-ish.

• ACK likes this

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller
I think having a poll discussion is fine. It is pretty much future update discussion, but stuff that's fairly a long ways away.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

I dunno I fell the poll debates fit rather nicely in with update teaser discussion, considering they are polling future content and are thus a teaser for something to come.

Especially as 'I voted x' is by no means a discussion, or a discussion opener rendering this thread rather spam-ish.

I'd rather have a separate topic for ongoing polls instead of clogging up update teasers with poll related content twice (once when the poll launches, another time when the update actually rolls around).

Wondering if the option to kill Yelps in a quest really fits into RS well. Is the quest going to be focused around hunting him down and slaying him? Or is it going to be incidentally thrown into another quest, where suddenly Yelps just turns up and falls into a meat grinder?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Veiva
[ Display Name History ]

Veiva

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

I'd rather have a separate topic for ongoing polls instead of clogging up update teasers with poll related content twice (once when the poll launches, another time when the update actually rolls around).

Wondering if the option to kill Yelps in a quest really fits into RS well. Is the quest going to be focused around hunting him down and slaying him? Or is it going to be incidentally thrown into another quest, where suddenly Yelps just turns up and falls into a meat grinder?

Yelps is considered a potential host for Zaros, but dies before the player has a chance to suggest him.

I called it.

ozXHe7P.png

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:God Of Lego

What I hate about this is that they are focusing developer time on yelps. I don't want an awful quest dedicated to killing him. Just make a nice cutscene of him getting ripped inside out for when we log in.

Maxingmck
[ Display Name History ]

Maxingmck

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,114 posts
  • RSN:Mck
  • Clan:EE

Also the fact they replaced yelps with something even more OP

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte

Why kill Yelps at all? Why waste perfectly good resources on a character that everyone hates?

Can't he just slip into the background like Jar Jar Binks, never to be heard from again? 

nyuseg.png

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

Why kill Yelps at all? Why waste perfectly good resources on a character that everyone hates?

Can't he just slip into the background like Jar Jar Binks, never to be heard from again?

Maybe he could just accidentally slip into a meat grinder that happens to be around during a quest.

Bacon Pt 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Urza285
[ Display Name History ]

Urza285

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,133 posts
  • RSN:Urza285
  • RSN2:Urza285
  • Clan:Looking: com/skiller

Like times INFINITY!

On another note the mentioned in the poll that all eight clans will specialize in two skills each. What would be our ideal setup? You would think they would go off the beaten path a little bit to hinder our performace such as pairing fletching and firemaking in one clan.

I have a whole concept for the elven landsand training.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [In Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Minergoo
[ Display Name History ]

Minergoo

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • RSN:Minergoo
  • RSN2:Freitagen
  • RSN '07:Minergoo
  • Clan:Efficiency Experts

I voted for Yelps to retire. I would love to see what kind a house he would live in. The poll mentions a distant corner of Gielnor. I imagine a small shack on the edge of runescape. Although it would be cool to see him move into one of the random houses in Varrock.

try to achieve your dreams because one day you might forget how to dream!

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

Maybe he could just accidentally slip into a meat grinder that happens to be around during a quest.

Bacon Pt 2

I see a pattern emerging here ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

W aldo
[ Display Name History ]

W aldo

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts

I am surprised how much talk about Yelps there is compared to the skills from the Elf City. Personally I voted for smithing, then I switched it to fishing when I saw smithing was in the lead but mining/fishing were close. I am surprised how high the mining vote is with LRC, while fishing in LRC is less than half of the xp rate as mining. I don't think most people train via barbarian / C2 methods, and even if they do, mining is slightly faster. I guess fishing is more afk, but with the action bar gold deposits are so easy too.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

I am surprised how much talk about Yelps there is compared to the skills from the Elf City. Personally I voted for smithing, then I switched it to fishing when I saw smithing was in the lead but mining/fishing were close. I am surprised how high the mining vote is with LRC, while fishing in LRC is less than half of the xp rate as mining. I don't think most people train via barbarian / C2 methods, and even if they do, mining is slightly faster. I guess fishing is more afk, but with the action bar gold deposits are so easy too.

Frankly, I love it in the LRC, and I usually wander down there at least once a week to grab some rocktails, whenever I get enough spice to make soup.

Since the bots seem to have gone on vacation, it would appear that LRC is now one of the more under-used facilities in game. I am not sure why, but I'd wager it has something to do with the "high-level" of the content combined with the annoyance of dealing with the denizens therein.

It's rare that I see anyone down there anymore -- which is fine by me, because if there's a Patriarch wandering around down there, it comes right to me every time. 

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I voted for mining because Jeredith suggested it

kamil1210
[ Display Name History ]

kamil1210

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • RSN:Kamil1210

8 clans * 2 = 16 skills 

I don't think voting for skills mean anything (unless skills that has not been selected are not going to be trained in elf city)

I voted for mining because mining and smithing rework (and mining can lose with <>< )

Silmarilli.pngSilmarils_Hc.png

Silmarilli.png

Silmarilli.png

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts

I voted for mining because mining and smithing rework

This. A thousand times, this.

Sadly, what we'll prolly get is "the Artisan's cafe", Part 2 ...

nyuseg.png

W aldo
[ Display Name History ]

W aldo

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 137 posts

Just because the skill is chosen for a training method in Elf City doesn't mean it will get a whole rework...in fact I am nearly certain it won't.

God Of Lego
[ Display Name History ]

God Of Lego

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 467 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:God Of Lego

Just because the skill is chosen for a training method in Elf City doesn't mean it will get a whole rework...in fact I am nearly certain it won't.

At least it gives us a high level something. Smithing is greatly needed there.

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

but fishing is slow

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users