Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

The trouble with their poll philosophy is that most of these instead of polling 1 thing (like legacy mode or the div familar) are pitting multiple updates that all deserve to happen against each other so quite predictably half the good ideas of things that ought to be lose and won't be repolled or considered for ages just because they are less popular than another option that is entirely unrelated.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm ok with Dungeoneering rewards winning that poll as the skill is dying somewhat as more people get 99/120/200m in it which makes it harder for others to train. Daily challenges are mostly fine (except for Beacons and Ceremonial Swords), the re-roll would be nice though. Neither here nor there with regards to jewellery as I don't use it, maybe that's a sign it needs an overhaul.

As for the BA one, really couldn't care less but I'm really not surprised that what is essentially the "blow it up" option is winning.

• Like 1

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

i assumed it was the "i'm compensating for something" option

since the pillar incident, shoving it into a hole is probably the last thing anybody wants in terms of stroking their ego

8f14270694.jpg

Lol that master cape poll...even though it doesn't raise the skill level cap, it does artificially create a framework for which some players will level through (even if it's purely for the aesthetics factor). In effect, it generates more incentives for players, who would otherwise have stopped/moved on, to continue playing beyond lvl 99. A nice strategy I guess...but probably not one with a significant impact...considering the time and effort the average player has to invest into it.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

As long as 120 isn't required for comp, I'm fine with that.

If I am required to get 104 m agility xp, might as well bugger off.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Lol that master cape poll...even though it doesn't raise the skill level cap, it does artificially create a framework for which some players will level through (even if it's purely for the aesthetics factor). In effect, it generates more incentives for players, who would otherwise have stopped/moved on, to continue playing beyond lvl 99. A nice strategy I guess...but probably not one with a significant impact...considering the time and effort the average player has to invest into it.

This is a fairly stupid argument due to the existence of comp cape and trimmed comp cape. Comp cape requires way more time that a 120 skill and still gives better bonuses than all other capes. On top of that trimmed comp is aesthetic, yes not every singe player with comp cape is going for it. 

swansowrw.png

Perfect_Wave.png

I think in the quest pollcast mod osborne said something about recognizing that the players might shoot down great candidates for quest continuations. Also because of this they might still plan them in their year to-do list regardless to do them justice despite the player poll feedback

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

i think people are saying yes based on the belief that anything they want is free, while anything other people want costs something

everything costs something, folks

as for "doing things justice"

i think jagex is going to have to take a nice, hard look at the timeline and ask if they know what justice is

8f14270694.jpg

The fact the Sixth Age Quest is 50% compared to the next in line in a series being 20% is so frustrating and sad. One day I better get some ends to these storylines...

What's so wrong with that? The Sixth Age arguably has the most impactful and interesting storylines (Gods/Elder Gods, Artefacts, Mahjarrat, Dragonkin, etc.). Nothing else (for most people) even comes close. 

And they can't really finish any of these storylines anytime soon. There's still so much to do... At least the Return of Zaros series is ending soon.

----------

I am astonished that the Master Cape poll is actually passing. I was not anticipating this. What's the point? To change the direction of the entire game just to placate a small minority of players (no more than a thousand or two, who are going to be the only ones bothering with getting 120's). Why are casual/average players voting for this?

My only consolation is when Jagex eventually starts putting content for levels 100-120 in these skills and the non-hardcore players actually have to level those, perhaps then they will realize their folly.

How are they going to add content for levels 100-120, when there are no level 100-120, apart from Dungeoneering?

They aren't going increase the skills to 120, so I don't see the harm in adding a master cape for those who simply like gaining XP. It's not like they are putting a gun to your head and forcing you to get those master capes, you can just play however you like as before.

• Like 1

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

How are they going to add content for levels 100-120, when there are no level 100-120, apart from Dungeoneering?

They aren't going increase the skills to 120, so I don't see the harm in adding a master cape for those who simply like gaining XP. It's not like they are putting a gun to your head and forcing you to get those master capes, you can just play however you like as before.

Until the fact we have the capes and that 120 mark has been given more meaning is used as leverage to raise level caps anyway...

• Like 4

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The fact the Sixth Age Quest is 50% compared to the next in line in a series being 20% is so frustrating and sad. One day I better get some ends to these storylines...

What's so wrong with that? The Sixth Age arguably has the most impactful and interesting storylines (Gods/Elder Gods, Artefacts, Mahjarrat, Dragonkin, etc.). Nothing else (for most people) even comes close. 

And they can't really finish any of these storylines anytime soon. There's still so much to do... At least the Return of Zaros series is ending soon.

----------

I am astonished that the Master Cape poll is actually passing. I was not anticipating this. What's the point? To change the direction of the entire game just to placate a small minority of players (no more than a thousand or two, who are going to be the only ones bothering with getting 120's). Why are casual/average players voting for this?

My only consolation is when Jagex eventually starts putting content for levels 100-120 in these skills and the non-hardcore players actually have to level those, perhaps then they will realize their folly.

Gnomes only need one more quest to finish up, and pirates/desert are only 2-3 aways from finishing. Apparently Osborne looks at penguins more like a serial and can't ever see it ending so I wouldn't vote for that, and E.W. apparenlty has another 10+ quests if Dylan's notes and plan that he had are followed. So, if it had won I'd probably have voted for Desert but looks like it won't.

Personally I'm hoping that since 6th age looks like it will win that either Mod Stu gets to do a sequel to DoC or Raven gets to do Rite of Passage. Tuska could be good, but I can wait on that, and the kin or the elder gods will come in time, they're 2 of the pillars of the 6th age so seems a waste to throw away a vote on them.

---------------------------------------------------

From the casual/average players I've talked to it usually comes down to 3 reasons that I hear. The first is that they don't really care about maxing but have 1 skill they really enjoy that they figure they can slowly work on that, the second is that they're being supportive of their high level friends that really want this, and the third is that it doesn't really effect them so why not.

One friend I have is still quite far from maxing but has almost 100m fishing exp, he just really likes that skill and is looking forward to getting a higher cape for it.

• Like 1

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://[LikelyScam]/m=player-proposal/a=13/c=VcG-Ir5Ijno/view-idea?idea=19

It's the next part of the slippery slope. I don't see the hardcore efficiency crowd going away. They will no doubt come back and demand that their effort be rewarded with content.

As for 'being forced to do something by gunpoint'; this is a soft form of incentives. So yes, they are pushing the metagame in that direction. No, they aren't physically coercing us to do it, but they are nudging us in that direction.

As for rewarding people who simply like getting XP, why? Why do we have to do that? People with 120's in skills other than Dungeoneering are a minority, a small minority of no more than hundreds or a few thousand. Why should we cater to them? If we are catering to them, we may as well cater to quite literally every other group of players as well. 

• Like 4

It's the next part of the slippery slope. I don't see the hardcore efficiency crowd going away. They will no doubt come back and demand that their effort be rewarded with content.

As for 'being forced to do something by gunpoint'; this is a soft form on incentives. So yes, they are pushing the metagame in that direction. No, they aren't physically coercing us to do it, but they are nudging us in that direction.

As for rewarding people who simply like getting XP, why? Why do we have to do that? People with 120's in skills other than Dungeoneering are a minority, a small minority of no more than hundreds or a few thousand. Why should we cater to them? If we are catering to them, we may as well cater to quite literally every other group of player as well. 

You make a good point. We should really have a Skilling Cape and possibly a Combat cape as well.

• Like 1

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

There is nothing wrong a Sixth Age quest per say, it just feels like that is all were are getting now. Jagex is making a show of lore recently, and just using the most popular storylines for all the quests. Which is understandable and I do love the God-related quests, but I love other ones too. I don't think they have enough variety with the quests they are doing, plus there are many old favourites that haven't been touched in awhile.

There is nothing wrong a Sixth Age quest per say, it just feels like that is all were are getting now. Jagex is making a show of lore recently, and just using the most popular storylines for all the quests. Which is understandable and I do love the God-related quests, but I love other ones too. I don't think they have enough variety with the quests they are doing, plus there are many old favourites that haven't been touched in awhile.

We get so few quests, especially last year, so yeah the variety isn't there. But they haven't done anything major in the Sixth Age (except that small Missing Presumed Death) until this month, so I don't think they have gone past the point of overkill just yet. 

I just wish the Sixth Age would unfold faster with more significant quests and developments. You know, pieces of content that have big implications throughout the game. Of course, given that they've said that they have a decade's worth of plans for it, I doubt we'll see lots of action over a short span of time.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I just wish the Sixth Age would unfold faster with more significant quests and developments. You know, pieces of content that have big implications throughout the game. Of course, given that they've said that they have a decade's worth of plans for it, I doubt we'll see lots of action over a short span of time.

Me too. They are incredibly slow with quests, and the World Events are incredibly half-assed.

Three words:

ZAROS IS BACK!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Three words:

ZAROS IS BACK!

And it's taken like a year since Guthix's death to get here right? lol
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Three words:

ZAROS IS BACK!

And it's taken like a year since Guthix's death to get here right? lol
Wow I never thought you would be the one to make that comment :o.

Honestly I think the biggest quests we've been waiting for are WGS, TWW, ROTM, FOTG and ME3. What bugs me is that despite how much significance TWW had it just simply wasn't as ROTM... Anyways we are verging on getting 4th out of the 5 epic quests.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png