Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

I'm interested to see why combined potions is a more attractive option than stronger potions, but i guess saving time and space is always on the minds of others

this still kind of kills normal flasks though because it is six doses anyway

'cept flasks are really easy to obtain in bulk. Id expect the new ones to be much less than the ~75 a day now

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Feel like slaying, but aren't hardcore enough for overloads? - Extreme attack + extreme strength, extreme magic + extreme defense, extreme ranged + extreme defense

Want that ultimate combo for QBD, KK... and pretty much any decent pvm session - Overload + prayer renewal

Fighting dragons? Nuff said! - Super antifire + prayer renewal

Want to maximize your dps? - adrenaline potion + weapon poison++

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I would imagine crystal flasks would only hold two combinations. They could go two routes for both potentency/duration and combination flasks. The crystalline light from the flask let's you combine/condense both potions.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I'm worried that the combined potions wouldn't actually be that good. I have a feeling they will make them require 3 doses of each potion and then the flask will be empty after 3 sips, so it won't be any better than carrying the potions separately, except less clicking

Helical.png

What if the increase for modified potions was stuff like a +2 stat boost? Those would improve overloads and the like further and make all the other options pale in comparison.

Of course, it could totally go the other way and be something pathetic like a +1 minute bonus, which would make 8 dose flasks or combined potions better.

In the poll, they did mention that they'd try to balance the final result so that it would be about the same as if any other option won. But the 8 dose flask is a 33% increase in carrying capacity over standard flasks, which limits how much we can play around with any result that wins.

Overall there just wasn't enough real information to work with on this poll, apart from extremely raw concepts WHICH PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE VOTING ON IN THE [bleep]ING FIRST PLACE.

• Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What if the increase for modified potions was stuff like a +2 stat boost? Those would improve overloads and the like further and make all the other options pale in comparison.

Of course, it could totally go the other way and be something pathetic like a +1 minute bonus, which would make 8 dose flasks or combined potions better.

In the poll, they did mention that they'd try to balance the final result so that it would be about the same as if any other option won. But the 8 dose flask is a 33% increase in carrying capacity over standard flasks, which limits how much we can play around with any result that wins.

Overall there just wasn't enough real information to work with on this poll, apart from extremely raw concepts WHICH PLAYERS SHOULDN'T BE VOTING ON IN THE [bleep]ING FIRST PLACE.

Calm down?... lol

They keep it in raw concept because either the efficienados, fashionscapers or dps hounds will have a deathgrip on polls. Then again you could apply that to any one particular player group.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

don't know about that. there are frequent situations in which poll choices have not been fleshed out enough to make important decisions. we will never actually know the div familiar choice was actually the best one to go with, or the elven skill areas, until they flesh them out, and we have no part in that process.

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg

don't know about that. there are frequent situations in which poll choices have not been fleshed out enough to make important decisions. we will never actually know the div familiar choice was actually the best one to go with, or the elven skill areas, until they flesh them out, and we have no part in that process.

Well yeah that's true... its pretty much like asking "so you need a wrench?" A couple minute later handing us an monkey wrench when we really needed a torque wrench. Surely they knew we needed a wrench, but they didn't know which one would be sufficient.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Says it's made out of crystal-flecked sandstone. So will there be a crystal-flecked sandstone rock, or are we going to get crystals to throw onto the normal sandstone rocks? :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Says it's made out of crystal-flecked sandstone. So will there be a crystal-flecked sandstone rock, or are we going to get crystals to throw onto the normal sandstone rocks? :P

Probably a crystal tree version for miningmining.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Or we crush bits of Seren's toenails and throw them into the flask, bake, and then drink from them.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I think Bik seems most likely personally.

The whole Dramen tree linkage seems too juicy a strand to let dangle now they have kinda made it beyond clear there is a link there what with one of the original 3 looking like dramen tree spirit and then literally putting Bik's resting place right by the tree.

Though Wen would be my 2nd choice.

Both seem kinda equally accessible because they both seem to have some sort of avatar-ish presence (tree spirit and oracle) compared to Ful and Jas being entirely mia.

Wen could be interesting as a tool to further the Imcando dwarves e.g. Sara is trying to get them out and with him back they have become active and they manage to dig a tunnel into where Wen is and are panic and Sara asks us to come down with him to help etc.

Bik could unlock a good lore bite on fairy rings and the arrangement of worlds, after all the dramen tree is the 'key' required to work fairy rings (don't forget we have a tooth replaced with its wood to enable us to travel without the staff)

Simply because Ful kinda ties in with the Thzaar and Tokhaar and I can't see them taking us back there so soon after that series ended.

Jas we sort of already encountered and as the most powerful she seems like more of an endgame of the dragonkin line than something to be thrown is so early on.

Mah we already met obv.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think Wen would be most easily done since we most likely walked on her. Let's also not forget that she also had a dwarven settlement built into her. There may be more to those pie loving dwarves, their delapidated city and the magical furnace therein.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Would the Elder Gods quest feature Zaros? He seems to be pretty into them. 

-Sobend

Proud to be free from the tyranny of pants. Hurrah!

I would sure hope so. I don't see how we can have any elder god (sans Jas in Dragonkin arc) without Zaros being "oh, hey, YOU!!!! GIMME ELDARGODHOOD YO"

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I don't think it is a logical assumption that as soon as an elder god shows up Zaros HAS to be there. If it was Zaros plan to reach that elder god via that method certainly he'd be about, but we are perfectly capable of finding one under our own steam or by accident.

It'd be hard to develop it into a prolonged series without Zaros turning up, but first quest or 2 he certainly doesn't have to or need to be involved in the slightest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well the three pillars of the six age are dragonkin, elder gods and god wars story lines. We can clearly see some foreshadowing of events are the story lines potentially overlaping. Zaros return in FOTG clearly earmarks his quest line as part of the elder gods. That is further emphesized by jagex stance that he is one god who will not feature in world events for potential defeat and god teir restructuring. That doesn't mean zaros won't feature in quests outside his pillar though because that would make things too bland and predictable. He could eventually tie in to help free the dragonkin.

I predict that all three pillars will all meet in a culmination of zaros elder status. Because zaros wins his status his next goal is to learn how to fullfil his promise to the riders which takes him to daemonhiem to the dragonkin. Zaros works on freeing the dragonkin and for the dragonkins freedon they must remain peacable to the elders and relinquish their knowledge they find on reinstitution procreation in the dragonkin and in the riders.

I'm not sure how the return of the gods plays into this. Maybe their destruction of the world is supposed to be how the elders are roused. I could imagine them being roused, doing a massive universal time stop to prevent more destruction as they loom over the planet peering at the false users.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I think Zaros only shows up when he deems it necessary (as indicated by his history of only showing up when he deems it necessary) so unless he HAS to be there, he's not gonna be there, and will prefer sending somebody else (or just, y'know, piggybacking off of you) to do the dirty work

8f14270694.jpg

• 1 month later...

Two new polls are up early on the forums (to be released later)

Elder God Quest

Dragonstone

In a previous poll, you decided that a 2014 quest would feature the Elder Gods. But which Elder God should be the focus of that quest?

Mah and Jas will feature in other planned content.

Estimated Release: October

Bik and the Oceans

Learn how Bik's waking affects the oceans of Gielinor. Experienced, with Grandmaster post-quest content that requires Fate of the Gods.

Ful and the TzHaar

Learn how Ful's waking affects the TzHaar. Grandmaster (requiring Brink of Extinction), with Grandmaster post-quest content that requires Fate of the Gods.

Wen and the Dwarves

Learn how Wen's waking affects the dwarves. Master (requiring Defender of Varrock), with Grandmaster post-quest content that requires Fate of the Gods.

Researching the Elder Gods

A scene-setting quest that involves researching and finding the Elder Gods. Intermediate, with Grandmaster post-quest content that requires Fate of the Gods.

Don't Mind/Not Interested

Choose this option if you are equally happy with any of the above, or are not interested in this poll.

Game News Source

Diamond

To help us shape how we provide news to the community we'd like to know where you prefer to get your RuneScape news.

RuneScape Website

You get most of your news from the official website

Official Forums

You get most of your news from the official RuneScape forums

Fan sites

You get most of your news from one of the RuneScape fan sites

Social Media

You get most of your news from social media like Reddit, Twitter or Facebook

In Game

You get most of your news in game by talking to friends or other players

Videos and Livestreams

You get most of your news from videos and livestreams

I just log in

You don't find out about game news, you just log in and play

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png