Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

The rythm of The Chosen Commander made it one of the more grand quests too, in my opinion. :p

It was the first time we came so close to an almighty deity, I really had the feeling something important was going on, and feared for our cave goblin friends, especially when Zanik went on a Bandos-inspired rampage against HAM.

• Like 1

The quests we've gotten to continue existing secondary storylines have been extremely disappointing. Sixth Age storylines are bigger and more exciting, and they have a much better track record. (Battlefish? Seriously?)

If we are getting at least 1 quest a month, then I can see some reason for occasionally revisiting some of the other, secondary quests that usually contain elements of humor. If, however, we are only going to get like 5 quests a year (like 2013), then I, as well as most players I imagine, would prefer the 6th Age storyline as it is indeed better, bigger, and more grander. 

Does anyone remember the horribly inadequate mess that was Birthright of the Dwarves? Yeah, I will pass on that.

Jagex either doesn't have the willpower or the budget, or perhaps both, to really make compelling, fun, and enjoyable quests on a regular basis anymore. If that's the case, and we can only have *some* quests, it's better that they focus on the major stuff in the game, which is the 6th Age stuff, rather bringing bacon into the game or whatever because Mod Mark likes bacon or whatever.

On quest numbers:

On the basis of the last podcast there ought to be 7+ quests this year.

They specifically spoke of having a balance of 6th age, continuation and standalone quests budgeted for the year with this 1 poll slot left to decide.

Since Ooak and FotG are both 6th age that implies there must be ~2 continuations (elf city being 1) and ~2 stand alones as well.

Add in the extra poll slot and that makes 7.

However jmods equally spoke of returning to around 1 quest a month which would imply (allowing for january's no questness) there are ~11 on the cards, but of course we shall have to wait and see how it all pans out.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wow dungeoneering is going to win as one of the skills the elves bring up help in training. I guess that's going to be a mightily high challenge for them to accomplish. I saw herblore coming as well...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

"As trolls are named after the first thing they eat (or what it says as it's eaten)"

It's also really obvious that they added that last part just so they'd have an excuse to have "Lol" as the troll's name...

• 2 weeks later...

Can we get this topic pinned?

Also new polls are up!

Elf city reward

- crystal halbard

- crystal staff

- crystal thrown weapon

- different reward

note: currently the first poll to have different reward leading the poll.

crystal flasks

- combined potions

- eight doses

- modified potions (potency/duration)

- no crystal flasks

- I don't mind

note: currently the first poll with a throw away option.

Combined potions are leading immensely.

As a side note I suggested crystal flasks in my elf city brief. I am very interested in obtaining these flasks!

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

we already have overloads, what the hell are we going to combine? Overloads and prayer renewals?

modified potions is a much more interesting option. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm interested to see why combined potions is a more attractive option than stronger potions, but i guess saving time and space is always on the minds of others

this still kind of kills normal flasks though because it is six doses anyway

• Like 1

8f14270694.jpg