Polls General Discussion

Maxingmck

Voted for Fishing, by the time this update rolls around, I'll most likely be 99 mining AND smithing from doing warbands, can probably throw farming in there too...

Fishing is really lacking some decent xp/hour at high levels (excluding C2), and possible new food can't go amiss :>

WBS have been out almost a year, how arent you 200m in all 6
Personal life and in game priorities... maybe?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Is it confirmed that the Elf City will be high-level training only or will we able to gather stuff too? There's already magic trees and adamantite in Lettya, I hope there'll come more.

From the wording of the poll it is confirmed each clan will specialize in two skills each. I think it might be safe to assume that melee will be counted together (including constitution and defense). So that will leave 6 skills unaccounted for (excluding inventor).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I approve of that rollback. The EoC kind of screwed some skillers if they decide to go back to the 138 formula.

• Like 2

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

They should allow EVERYONE to roll back, then.

And let us put the xp from rolling back into other skills.

BRB GETTING 99 DIV AND AGILITY WITH MY DEF XPPPPP

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

This divine familiar poll confuses me, why is the utterly useless option winning?

The one that holds chronicles and remotely offers them, useful if you are collecting chronicles (and tbf with it you prob should be for the boosted xp)

The forager gives you stuff to weave/do more high xp offering, kinda handy.

Boost to boon,s diving location limit and signs of porter? Nice reduce item use, increased xp and increased profits.

Bob that can hold ONLY divine memories...what exactly is the use of it? There's no reason to take divine memories anywhere and no way to get them other than right next to the one place you need to take them too.

• Like 8

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wonder how many people will train defence levels on pures, use that to allow for faster training, then roll it back when the chance arises... This should be interesting, and I'll probably make use of it myself. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

6VFDD.png

Rolling back specific skills. What.

Wut?  :huh:

... "roll back"? How the hell is that supposed to work?

Pretty simple:

Much like the dg ring reset they will offer a 1 time only reset to skills figured into the combat formula allowing previous pures to purge themselves of prayer, summoning, magic, ranged, attack, strength or defence levels gained since eoc that would ruin their pure in the old formula. It'll basically be a case of deleting xp to never be seen again.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

6VFDD.png

Pretty simple:

Much like the dg ring reset they will offer a 1 time only reset to skills figured into the combat formula allowing previous pures to purge themselves of prayer, summoning, magic, ranged, attack, strength or defence levels gained since eoc that would ruin their pure in the old formula. It'll basically be a case of deleting xp to never be seen again.

As they'd have no idea who was a "pure" prior to EOC, this would have to be something they offer to everyone, and allow everyone the option of rolling back any variety of combat skills to whatever levels they want in order to re-attain the "pure" account they want, correct?

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

6VFDD.png

Pretty simple:

As they'd have no idea who was a "pure" prior to EOC, this would have to be something they offer to everyone, and allow everyone the option of rolling back any variety of combat skills to whatever levels they want in order to re-attain the "pure" account they want, correct?

:unsure:

Yeah, I guess you wouldn't be able to tell who was a pure pre-EoC or not.

But is there really an issue with people re-setting their stats?

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

This divine familiar poll confuses me, why is the utterly useless option winning?

The one that holds chronicles and remotely offers them, useful if you are collecting chronicles (and tbf with it you prob should be for the boosted xp)

Boost to boon,s diving location limit and signs of porter? Nice reduce item use, increased xp and increased profits.

Bob that can hold ONLY divine memories...what exactly is the use of it? There's no reason to take divine memories anywhere and no way to get them other than right next to the one place you need to take them too.

I'm with you on this just voted and was curious figured one of the top 3 would be winning, and my jaw dropped at the BoB.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I'm with you on this just voted and was curious figured one of the top 3 would be winning, and my jaw dropped at the BoB.

I suspect people are reading as far as it being huge with more space than a yak and then stopping missing the vitally important fact of divine memories ONLY which renders it utterly useless.

• Like 2

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Wonder how many people will train defence levels on pures, use that to allow for faster training, then roll it back when the chance arises... This should be interesting, and I'll probably make use of it myself. :lol:

^^ this so much

It's a shame prestige didn't go through tbh, really wanted to reset my defence level nontheless so I hope this is my second chance :).

Cool now I can get my rubber chicken back which got lost in the RS2 - RS3 transition. Shame it'll look different.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Wasn't the point of the new combat formula, EOC and all these shenanigans is so that people don't get a ridiculous advantage by having 1 defence and 99 everything else? Because pures were arguably overpowered?

Are they really going back on what they've been trying to 'fix' all this while? 

I don't understand, I really really don't.

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

To put a new system in place it should render the old one obsolete, the majority doesn't think it does.

Was that the original idea from Jagex?

LOL, now I understand why the osrs players hate so much on the system.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

And i was looking forward for a reason to actually use some of my saved up charms. The wonders of democracy!  I hope some people double take and actually read the darn description.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Wasn't the point of the new combat formula, EOC and all these shenanigans is so that people don't get a ridiculous advantage by having 1 defence and 99 everything else? Because pures were arguably overpowered?

Combat level calculation wasn't the reason why pures died. It was because of the life bonus from armour, which pures couldn't wear, which gave people a massive advantage against pures.

Combat level calculation wasn't the reason why pures died. It was because of the life bonus from armour, which pures couldn't wear, which gave people a massive advantage against pures.

The problem was that defense contributed so little to win probability that you could increase your win probability/combat level by training other skills instead. That was the major flaw of the combat formula: it didn't actually take the power of each stat into account.

Because defense has a point now, you can't understate your combat power by not training defense. That is, someone with balanced stats will be more powerful than someone with uneven stats, assuming they have the same combat level. That means that pures die.

Things will only get worse for them if they bring back the old combat formula.